PDA

View Full Version : 308,000 new jobs!

tsptalk
04-02-2004, 07:37 AM
308,000 new jobs! :shock:Huge. Higher revisions to prior reports. 123,000 was projected.

What does this mean?

Good for the economy = good for market.

Interest rate concerns = not great for market, particulary small caps.

Good for republicans = good for markets.

Good for the dollar = not greatfor I fund.

Last report was a big disappointment and the market initially dropped on the news, but rebounded very quickly to have a big day. Next trading day and the days that followed, the indices fell big. Actually the opposite of what the today's comments says.

Watch for swings today. Dow futures shot up over 100 pts right after the announcement, and the Nasdaq futures were up 24 . Remember a couple of days ago I said you sometimes have to step back and see how it unfolds before you act. Might be a good idea.

Jack2
04-02-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm in today:

C FUND 39.70%
S FUND 30.03%
I FUND 30.27%

Looks like it will go up, but I wonder what Monday will be like? I am considering moving to G for monday. Any thoughts?

Jack

tsptalk
04-02-2004, 08:31 AM
You've had a good run up over the last week. Might be nice to just sit on them for a while. But I'd hate to see you miss another rally. Big open today but I'm guessing there will be profit taking later today (my guesses haven't been worth much lately).Who knows for Monday? Your call. :?

Frizz B.
04-02-2004, 08:36 AM
I never play the G Fund, either the F or C and I. If the market does well the F Fund usually loses, and if the market is on the down side, the F Fund usually, gains, watch my comments in Allocations, I just started my predictions and will be updating daily on Frizz B Differential Report, Tom, would it be possible to change my account to Frizz B Differential Report, I like that name better.

Frizz B.
04-02-2004, 08:40 AM
The name on the message board is Member Transactions and Returns (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/forum21/)
not allocations

tsptalk
04-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Change madeFrizzB.

I wish I knew if the market will see a profit taking sell off before the close. I would actually nibble (maybe 25% C) if that were the case. But if we are up all day, I'd stay on the sidelines. Gotta love that noon deadline :X.

By the way, I still don't like the F fund right now.

Tom

tsptalk
04-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Dow is down 50 from it's high this morning. Watching.

Jack2
04-02-2004, 10:07 AM
So... Getting close to deadline: Thinking...

40% C
60% S

Jack

smine
04-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Well Dow, Nasdaq and S&P 500are all up; here I go too with C40 S60. Fingers crossed! :)

tsptalk
04-02-2004, 11:31 AM
I didn't do anything. I'm sitting here in the G fund like a deer caught in the headlights. If we stay up, the overbought/oversold indicators will be screaming overbought. Additionally, we will probably fill the gap open eventually. On the Nasdaq, for example, we have a 31 point gap. It could take days (hopefully) or weeks, but they do usually get filled, unless the market is REALLY strong.

Nasdaq
Thurs. Close: 2,015.01
Friday Open:2,046.05

The market is hanging very tough today. Pretty impressiveso far.

Tom

puertorico
04-02-2004, 11:46 AM
I lost the big busonlastMonday but that

they way it's.I have been there a lot waiting for the bus:shock:

and the bus took another road never showup.

Tom,hope in the next bus stop u get in wich us:)ok

tsptalk
04-02-2004, 12:03 PM
With my luck lately, I'd probably get hit by the bus. :D

tsptalk
04-02-2004, 12:11 PM
From Cramer at thestreet.com (http://www.thestreet.com)...

"The Federal Reserve is now well behind the curve with interest rates after these employment numbers. If the Fed were sticking to its old script, given the revisions, we would have to anticipate an intraday rate boost. I know, we don't want to see it. But that's the reason you are seeing this big selloff in the Treasuries and the BKX and the homebuilders. It's right." - Cramer

That would spook the market temporarily but certainly not kill the bull. It would just be another buying opportunity.

tsptalk
04-06-2004, 10:54 AM
tsptalk wrote:
... Additionally, we will probably fill the gap open eventually. On the Nasdaq, for example, we have a 31 point gap. It could take days (hopefully) or weeks, but they do usually get filled, unless the market is REALLY strong.

Nasdaq
Thurs. Close: 2,015.01
Friday Open:2,046.05

If you believe the gap theory I talked about the other day, and are looking for a time to buy, a good target might be when you see2015-2019 on the Nasdaq. I picked the Nasdaq because it's chart shows the gap better than the Dow and S&P 500.

Tom

tsptalk
04-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Remember the gap post from last week (above)? Just in case you are looking for a potential target on the downside, ~ 2019 would fill the gap.

After that 2000 (psychological) then about 1975 (trend line).

Tom

tsptalk
04-14-2004, 09:08 AM
The gap was filled this morning and we are seeing a nice, classic reversal day. How much to get in? Still thinking....

puertorico
04-14-2004, 09:55 AM
I was desperate for actionand I get knock-down :shock:Yesterday ,

Hope to get up :?I dont even get a100%penny in G:?

Ithink that was tuesday 13 bad luck:?
:D