Thread: Been to the OPM Website lately?

Default Been to the OPM Website lately?

Anyone been to OPM retirement services web site lately? A new, complicated login is necessary, with call-back and 10-character password. I went to check on getting a 1099R mailed to me in the future, now I see it is called a 'duplicate', year-by-year, good enough I guess. But why do they do this to us? My eyesight isn't what it used to be, I'm getting old dang it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Been to the OPM Website lately?

Quote Originally Posted by jimijr View Post
    Anyone been to OPM retirement services web site lately? A new, complicated login is necessary, with call-back and 10-character password. I went to check on getting a 1099R mailed to me in the future, now I see it is called a 'duplicate', year-by-year, good enough I guess. But why do they do this to us? My eyesight isn't what it used to be, I'm getting old dang it.
    i THINK IT'S A DEMENTIA TEST.

If you can log in, they keep sending you a check. If you failed to get in, they cut you off!

My password is: Person*Woman,Man!CAMERA,TV

I haven't been on the new website since they changed it awhile back. Once I figured out what I was looking at it wasn't too bad to move around.
    May the force be with us.

I scored! Established a login at dot-gov, went to OPM and got access to my data. I copied it and requested a paper copy. It arrived! Trouble is, I still have not received last year's refund, filed in Feb22. WTF!?

Quote Originally Posted by jimijr View Post
    I scored! Established a login at dot-gov, went to OPM and got access to my data. I copied it and requested a paper copy. It arrived! Trouble is, I still have not received last year's refund, filed in Feb22. WTF!?
    Are you talking about the IRS or OPM regarding a refund?

If you really want to have some fun, try logging into the IRS with id.me at https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account. You can get a lot of info in your account, including prior return transcripts, stimulus payments etc.