Page 1271 of 1281 FirstFirst ... 27177111711221126112691270127112721273 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,252 of 15362

Thread: Oil Slick Stuff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Oil Slick Stuff

UN, US call for ending blockade of oil fields in Libya

Source: AP

CAIRO (AP) — The United Nations and the United States on Monday called for the lifting of a blockade on oil production at two of Libya’s key oil fields as prices soared to over $130 a barrel.

Stephanie Williams, the U.N. special adviser on Libya, said blocking oil production from the Sharara and el-Feel fields “deprives all Libyans from their major source of revenue.” She tweeted: “The oil blockade should be lifted.”

Richard Norland, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, also called for an immediate end to the shutdown.

The closures have caused Libya’s daily oil production to drop by 330,000 barrels, according to the state-run National Oil Corporation. Before the shutdown, Libya’s production stood at around 1.2 billion barrels a day. The North African nation has the ninth-largest known oil reserves in the world, and the biggest oil reserves in Africa.

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/business-...f065942b3ca9c7

Oil traders eye $200 per barrel this month: report

Traders are looking to cash in on the potential oil scarcity from the Russia-Ukraine war

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...-barrel-report

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    Oil traders eye $200 per barrel this month: report

Traders are looking to cash in on the potential oil scarcity from the Russia-Ukraine war

Well, what will the price of a gallon of gas be if the barrel is at $200? Im thinking about $8 a gallon ought to be where it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums

Who is the BLAME?fist-shake.gif

Blog Entries

Article is from January 2020, but still relevant today.

Spiking oil prices have led to recessions in the past, and that’s why the stock market is on edge. Historically, U.S. recessions have been preceded by sharp spikes in oil prices.

oile3e.JPG

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/03/spik...s-on-edge.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    Who is the BLAME?
    Sanctions, sanctions, sanctions. Russia is still exporting their oil and it's still being bought - as long as there is a buyer. Who's buying, we may never know.

Kill off "all Russian oil", it only goes higher, and some nations will continue to buy it. Last week Shell bought some at a discount and that still turned out to be a very smart move. I'd bet many are doing the same but are not willing to announce it for fear of a blowback.

Listening to an economist from a DC think tank yesterday whose opinion is that the only way to damage the russian economy is to increase the world wide supply which will drive oil prices down. He believes a ban on russian oil will only drive their revenue up. A limited supply only pushes prices up. They will always be able to find a buyer at the right price. Seems to make sense to me based on my limited economic knowledge. Any opinions out there in TSP'r land ?

Blog Entries

Of course they'll find buyers especially if offered at a slight discount. They're still making a lot with $100 barrel. Petrodollars will have a hard time after this. Russia, China already planned to leave the USD for their own oil trading currencies before the invasion. Eventually, buyers will be forced to come back.

Who blinks first? Europe for sure can't hold out much longer. I did the math yesterday and it came out to around $7.50 a gallon in London. They're in a recession or will be starting one soon.

All in all, just plain bad policy decisions exacerbated by forced shutdowns. Higher wages for all, clean energy, no more drilling, the only ones who made money on this were the solar companies getting freshly printed free money. Everyone knew renewable energy could never sustain human life as we know it but everyone went along and played that game political reasons.

When oil prices rose in 2008 it was largely due to speculation that China would use all the world's oil to expand. Loaded tankers idled off coasts waiting to get to refineries. It was never a case of there not being enough supply.

Blog Entries

So if we're going to "cancel all Russian oil" and start purchasing from Iran and Venezuela, then how is anybody going to tell the difference between where it came from? I understand most Russian oil is refined in some intermediate way and isn't pure crude, but still, what's stopping some country from buying from Russia, then selling to the US/Canada/Europe? It may be no different from a market maker that acts as an intermediary between buyers and sellers.

Blog Entries

Default Oil Slick Stuff

Good news: Looks like we are talking quietly with both Venezuela and Iran about possibly resetting relationships and resuming oil arrangements. Could be a positive sign

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Good news: Looks like we are talking quietly with both Venezuela and Iran about possibly resetting relationships and resuming oil arrangements. Could be a positive sign

I don't think Venezuela and Iran are our friends.

Just across the bridge from El Paso Texas in Mexico it's $3.00 a gallon. $4.19 here.
    Don't bias your charts. Show support and resistance. My comments and charts are not trading recommendations.

Page 1271 of 1281 FirstFirst ... 27177111711221126112691270127112721273 ... LastLast