Page 213 of 332 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,545 to 2,556 of 3983

Thread: Bear Cave 2 (Bull Allowed)

Default Re: Bear Cave 2 (Bull Allowed)

SPY weekly: Investors should be using the weekly data and as you can see the trend remains up!

SPY trending above the 3 ema and the 10 sma on the weekly chart. This is week 5 since moving above the 3 ema.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png a.png (45.3 KB, 77 views)
    “There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side” Jesse L. Livermore

SPY daily with 2 hours to go: "Free Lunch Friday" looks good and the SPY is back above the 3 ema and the 10 sma on the daily chart. Is the SPY headed to new ATH's next? We shall see..... The BTDer's remain in control of the SPY!
    • File Type: png a.png (41.3 KB, 80 views)
    • File Type: png a.png (59.5 KB, 83 views)
    “There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side” Jesse L. Livermore

Seasonality - Sounds Good! But show me a best six months period on the chart below where the SPX was this far stretched above the 200 month sma. LOL..... There isn't one..... In this market historical data doesn't seem to matter. Well, not yet anyway.

With that said the Trend remains up....
    https://themarketear.com/
    • File Type: png a.png (169.4 KB, 75 views)
    • File Type: png a.png (16.8 KB, 73 views)
    • File Type: png a.png (26.2 KB, 73 views)
    Last edited by robo; 11-14-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Who do you trust?
    Bond volatility continues surging while VIX has reverted to discounting rather calm markets.

Do you trust bonds or equity people? Can both be right, or is this setting up for a late year mean reversion trade (again)?
    • File Type: png a.png (42.2 KB, 72 views)

SPY daily: Daily Cycle data.....

Stocks Waiting on Bullish Follow Through
    While stocks formed a swing low on Friday, they did not deliver bullish follow through on Monday.

If stocks broke above he day 27 high of 4718.50, that would have shifted the odds of stocks entering a melt-up phase. However, stocks closed lower on the day. Monday was day 30 for the daily equity cycle, placing stocks in their timing band for a DCL. Any bearish follow through should send stocks to complete their daily cycle decline. Stocks should break below the day 27 low of 4630.66 and turn the 10 day MA lower in order to complete its daily cycle decline. This would allow stocks to backtest the 4545.85 breakout level and allow sentiment to cool off. Which would set stocks up to emerge from a DCL heading into the most bullish time of the year.
    https://likesmoneycycletrading.wordp...ollow-through/
    • File Type: png a.png (127.2 KB, 55 views)
    • File Type: png a.png (54.8 KB, 57 views)

COT data: Watching ES/JY and TY - HMMMMM........

Current Commitments of Traders Charts
    • File Type: png a.png (34.5 KB, 61 views)
    • File Type: png a.png (44.5 KB, 62 views)
    • File Type: png a.png (35.2 KB, 63 views)
    Last edited by robo; 11-15-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Seasonality remains a hot topic! We are in the best 6 months......

Tis the season
    Is upside still the main pain trade? Seasonality remains very supportive.

A few boring days and then the Thanksgiving bull, followed by the Santa rally?

Last chart shows the bigger picture of all indexes.

https://themarketear.com/
    • File Type: png a.png (17.2 KB, 67 views)
    • File Type: png a.png (37.9 KB, 65 views)
    • File Type: png a.png (169.6 KB, 61 views)

GDP: Who cares about that?

During the 2000 tech bubble, the S&P 500’s market capitalization peaked at 121% of nominal gross domestic product, he says.

“That should paint a stark picture as to how expensive today’s market is relative to the last generational equity bubble,” says O’Rourke, who adds that the current level is also double the average reading of the past three decades and triple the valuation where the S&P 500 bottomed during the 2008-09 financial crisis.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...ee-11636719571
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (19.0 KB, 56 views)

Quote Originally Posted by robo View Post
    SPY daily: Daily Cycle data.....

Stocks Waiting on Bullish Follow Through
    While stocks formed a swing low on Friday, they did not deliver bullish follow through on Monday.

If stocks broke above he day 27 high of 4718.50, that would have shifted the odds of stocks entering a melt-up phase. However, stocks closed lower on the day. Monday was day 30 for the daily equity cycle, placing stocks in their timing band for a DCL. Any bearish follow through should send stocks to complete their daily cycle decline. Stocks should break below the day 27 low of 4630.66 and turn the 10 day MA lower in order to complete its daily cycle decline. This would allow stocks to backtest the 4545.85 breakout level and allow sentiment to cool off. Which would set stocks up to emerge from a DCL heading into the most bullish time of the year.
    https://likesmoneycycletrading.wordp...ollow-through/
    Hi Robo... once again awesome charts and observations. Wish I could give you more reputation points, but I get message that I must spread out the point giving. Ughh..
    I did like your charts and find your comments very informative. What TSI settings did you use on your first chart at post 2549? I tried to mimic but default didn't work. TIA.
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 4-1-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

What TSI settings did you use on your first chart at post 2549?

I think it's 13,13,7 but not sure. That is a free chart from likesmoney, and I call him the cycle dude in some of my posts.

https://likesmoneycycletrading.wordp...-a-swing-high/

I don't use the TSI indicator for trading, but do monitor it when it gets oversold/overbought, and we are deep into a daily cycle. I posted it on my VTI chart below.

https://school.stockcharts.com/doku....strength_index

TSI (True Strength Index) Indicator Explained and How to Use It

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlE-5lxOjIQ

I posted one on my charts with the "True Strength Index (TSI)" on the chart. (13,13,7)

It could be used as an early warning indicator, but I like to use the 3 ema for early warning. However, RSI/TSI, etc.... have their uses....

Take Care and have a nice day!
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (186.0 KB, 64 views)

VTI daily: A closer look at the 3 ema and the (TSI)

VTI is still crawling along to 10 sma on the daily chart. Trending above the 10 sma on the daily is a hold long positions for me. I use VTI at Vanguard in my Roth IRA's.
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (138.8 KB, 70 views)

SPY daily: The Fed continues to add about 90 billion a week.....

Heading into the last hour and all looks well!

Looks like we are headed to another new ATH......

Bottom Line: the Trend remains up....

SPX monthly and some Xmas rallies to remember: ( Second chart) This time does look different as the money just keeps flowing into the market!

For the record: I trade using the daily data, not this historical data I just posted. I have NO IDEA what will happen next, but what I do know is all Bubbles POP! Since I trade both ways I don't really care what happens. I will just trade what is happening in real-time and NOT what I think will happen.
    Last edited by robo; 11-16-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Page 213 of 332 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast