Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: rangerray's Account Talk

Default Re: rangerray's Account Talk

I mailed my retirement application to the Army Benefits Center in Fort Riley, KS this morning! It just got real. As of 31 DEC 2021, I'll be a retiree.

9 Months, 3 Weeks, 1 Day and 4 Hours to go.
    Scott Harrison
    Senatobia, MS

awesome! good for you. I'm just in the countdown to the countdown.

Congrats! You may have mentioned it before, but do you have any post-retirement plans?
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Congrats! You may have mentioned it before, but do you have any post-retirement plans?
    I mainly just plan to ride my motorcycle very far, do some hunting, and I have a lawn service that I will work at in the summers for a little extra pocket money. We have two grandkids that live with us, so I'm going to try to keep them occupied with some camping trips and such. Other than that, I plan a life of leisure until that next phase kicks in for either myself, or for my wife who is 14 years ahead of me.

Also, I'm president of the Tate County Republican Club, so that keeps me busy. Friends there are going to try and talk me into running for city alderman or some such, but I plan to resist that if possible.
    Scott Harrison
    Senatobia, MS

Quote Originally Posted by rangerray View Post
    I mailed my retirement application to the Army Benefits Center in Fort Riley, KS this morning! It just got real. As of 31 DEC 2021, I'll be a retiree.

9 Months, 3 Weeks, 1 Day and 4 Hours to go.
    Congratulations. It's a nice club to belong to.
    May the force be with us.

Way to go rangerray! Congrats!
    50% S, 50% C 06 Mar, was 100% G; 80% S 20% C COB 08 Jan '24; 100% G COB 14 Nov; was 100% C COB 31 Oct (Boo!); was 100% G COB 12 Oct; was 50% C, 50% S COB 22 Jun; Life is good!

Hey congratulations rangerray. That is awesome. Two grandchildren, riding my motorcycle, camping...except I drive a school bus for a little extra cash, sounds like you and I have a lot in common. Good to see you have a plan moving into retirement. So important to have an exit plan as so many people get wrapped around the axle about "retiring from", they fail to plan for "retiring to".

Anyway, congratulations!!!
    "the biggest mistake that traders make is to let these short-term trades turn into longer-term investments when they don’t work." RevShark

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan View Post
    Hey congratulations rangerray. That is awesome. Two grandchildren, riding my motorcycle, camping...except I drive a school bus for a little extra cash, sounds like you and I have a lot in common. Good to see you have a plan moving into retirement. So important to have an exit plan as so many people get wrapped around the axle about "retiring from", they fail to plan for "retiring to".

Anyway, congratulations!!!
    You nailed it! I still won't have enough time to do everything I want to do. It's just that now I will neglect those things a lot less than when I was working a career.

I overlooked that I'm an amateur musician as well. Most of my mornings will soon be devoted to showing more love to a couple of Gibson guitars I've been blessed with.
    Scott Harrison
    Senatobia, MS

Congrats on the upcoming retirement! Hope you have the time of your life enjoying the leisure side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerray View Post
    You nailed it! I still won't have enough time to do everything I want to do. It's just that now I will neglect those things a lot less than when I was working a career.

I overlooked that I'm an amateur musician as well. Most of my mornings will soon be devoted to showing more love to a couple of Gibson guitars I've been blessed with.
    OMG I am looking in a mirror. I too dabble with a couple of guitars, but they are both Taylor's which are absolutely my favorite. Nothing more relaxing than the sweet sound of a good guitar... That is awesome!!!

I enjoy the opportunity to occasionally play and sing some good southern gospel at my church.
    "the biggest mistake that traders make is to let these short-term trades turn into longer-term investments when they don’t work." RevShark

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan View Post
    OMG I am looking in a mirror. I too dabble with a couple of guitars
    I try to play, but I mostly listen because I'm not that good. I'll never forget the sound of that acoustic that rang like a bell in the 1972 Will The Circle Be Unbroken album - I became a lifelong fan of Merle Travis and Doc Watson on the spot.

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement RangerRay!! Wishing you the best!
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 2-13-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast