Page 317 of 370 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast
Results 3,793 to 3,804 of 4434

Thread: Whipsaw's Account Talk

Default Re: Whipsaw's Account Talk

Yes the new system of logging in may be a step forward in security but it is a step backward as far as flexibility and convenience. The TSP is so typically light years behind the rest of the investment world.

Quote Originally Posted by papahotel66 View Post
    Yes the new system of logging in may be a step forward in security but it is a step backward as far as flexibility and convenience. The TSP is so typically light years behind the rest of the investment world.

What sucks about it is if you work in a classified building and can't access you phone you have to rely of an email. If the email is slow you never get the pin in time before it times out. I've had that happen to be many times.

Good luck Whip, I know it's been a crappy year for you so I hope you get some back.

Quote Originally Posted by Whipsaw View Post
    If you don't yet have a TSP.gov user ID, you will. I was forced to set that up today before making my IFT. That and the phone delivery of the one time code - which is my work phone, which is a land line (so a robo-woman reads me the numbers ), which is no help if I'm not at work. Need to see if it will let me choose among different phones!
    Let us know if you find a way to add a second number. In my case they stopped using email for two factor authentication and wouldn't use the landline phone number they had on file because they couldn't validate it with a text message. I was locked out until they removed the phone number for being un-validated. Then I was able to type in the same number and they would validate it via robo-call.

Like you I now can only logon from the one location where the phone is. That makes things quite difficult. Fortunately the TSP phone menu system still works for IFTs. Give yourself extra time, though, because making an IFT this way can be quite time consuming. You have to go through every L Fund and type 0% before you get to our other funds. The worst part is the first 60 seconds of the call is wasted on this two factor authentication message that you can't skip over.
    Allocations as of COB Dec 28 : 100% S. | Retirement Date:Dec 2025
    Past Returns:
    2020 31.85%,2019 27.97%,2018 -3.36%,2017 13.10%, 2016 -1.79%, 5Yr Avg 12.61%

7. Default Re: Whipsaw's Account Talk

Tom, I understand monetizing the site, but the pop up ad that spawns when clicking on the 'forum' button in the header menu is a bit much.
    I concur

100% S COB. Geronimo! >.< God help me.
    Me too Whipsaw. That's why it's gonna tank tomorrow. lol God help us!

Hi...not sure if I'm missing something???? I just log onto TSP.gov, enter my user name and password, click to have authentication code texted to my personal cell phone AND within 10 seconds or less I have the text with code. I then open text (don't use code in text subject line) to get the correct code, enter it into the tsp.gov window and proceed to IFT.

Text to Personal cell is super Fast! There are two other options including my work and personal email. But, if I click to have it go to my work or personal email, it can take 3-5 minutes---which doesn't work well for me as I usually place the IFT in the last 10-15 minutes of trade.

Hummm.... So Cactus, they no longer send authentication code to your selected email?? Why is that??

Best wishes to you Whipsaw and Retread and Everyone !!!!
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 4-1-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Well I'm definitely missing something, so I sits and waits. As the song says, "You Can't Always Get What You Want".

As for logging into TSP.gov...no issues here!
    "the biggest mistake that traders make is to let these short-term trades turn into longer-term investments when they don’t work." RevShark

I may be missing something too as I no longer have the option to email a code to myself to log in. I get the code on my phone usually within 10 seconds but nowhere on the site do I find the option to have it email me a code anymore. Anyone else experience this and is there a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by papahotel66 View Post
    I may be missing something too as I no longer have the option to email a code to myself to log in. I get the code on my phone usually within 10 seconds but nowhere on the site do I find the option to have it email me a code anymore. Anyone else experience this and is there a fix?

Now that you mention it I don't see it either in my account setting. I've been teleworking since COVID so I hadn't the need for the email anymore and must have missed the option going away.
    Last edited by quabit; 12-10-2020 at 08:35 AM.

found this on their facebook. https://www.facebook.com/tsp4gov/

This is under "Changes to your Account Login" at the top dated 27 OCT. There is more information but I found this.

"Please keep a personal email address in Profile Settings. For security reasons, we no longer send authentication codes by email, but we do email you certain transaction confirmations and educational outreach related to your account."
    Last edited by quabit; 12-10-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Wow Quabit! Thank you for this information. I had no idea that was, or has, gone away...ugghhh...rarely used email, but it was nice having the option.
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 4-1-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

You heard it here first! Whipsaw makes a buck!
    50% S, 50% C 06 Mar, was 100% G; 80% S 20% C COB 08 Jan '24; 100% G COB 14 Nov; was 100% C COB 31 Oct (Boo!); was 100% G COB 12 Oct; was 50% C, 50% S COB 22 Jun; Life is good!

Page 317 of 370 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast