Page 191 of 197 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,292 of 2354

Thread: Market News

Blog Entries

Default Re: Market News

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post

Struggling? So tired of hearing that one too. I got a postcard in the mail last week from Amazon looking for delivery and warehouse workers. Here you have the most successful company in the history of Earth and they are understaffed and looking for bodies.
    I agree with you for the most part, but if I take a $15/hr job after losing my $60/hr job, I am struggling. It's better to take the job than leave it while you look for a better one, but I'm still struggling pretty hard during that time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Wow. That is a very good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    Yep. The art of the deal.

There's a right way and wrong way to stimulate the economy and that recent proposal was not the right way. The first thing to do is up open it up, even if we need to wear masks, then see where we're at with GDP numbers.

AMZN, GOOGL, FB, AAPL: They'll be in the crosshairs in the next four years no matter who gets elected in November.
    The problem is not everyone is going to wear a mask. How much is the older generation going to get out there and take the risk of being exposed?
    May the force be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    This, right here ^^^

It was the right call to pull the plug on the whole thing, from an economic standpoint AND, more importantly, to actually help people sooner. The negotiations were going nowhere. Over 6 trillion already spent on this pandemic with no end in sight, It's imperative that the American people see a bill without all the extra goodies lumped in. Trump's ploy is to hit the reset and offer something workable that could potentially be initiated right away if everyone could step out of campaign mode for one day. You can't really make an argument for despair and gloom if both sides aren't willing to agree to a "clean" bill. If you are, then your just part of the political tussle and aren't really serious about helping people.
    Scott Harrison
    Senatobia, MS

EXACTLY!hippy.gif

The reaction from both sides is so predictable that I could literally post both sides of the argument. And if I did that it wouldn't get heated.

So far so good, but I don't think we need to go over it here. Posting facts, like a Trump or Pelosi tweet or a headline that moves the market is one thing. But debating what we think is right and wrong, or right and left, will never get resolved here. Been there, done that. Sure, it will start out civil, then the talking points come out and the next thing we know, I'm breaking up a fight between two or more members, each of whom is totally convinced they know the truth.

So please, let's keep this to how it affects the market and not how to get other to see yours political views, or why their view is wrong. I'm sure there are a ton of other forums (twitter) for that, and you'll see the cesspool's they've become. Not that anyone here is doing that, but that's where it always goes.

This forum has been unbelievably civil because we kept politics out of it and I appreciate that like you wouldn't believe. Having to ban people in the past, whom I considered friends, because they couldn't help but attack others' political views, was tough. Some came back, some didn't.

Thanks!
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Dow futures fall 150 points amid election, stimulus uncertainty

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/stoc...lose-news.html
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

• Private payrolls increased by 365,000 in October vs. the 600,000 Dow Jones estimate, according to ADP.
    • The total was well below the 753,000 from September and the lowest since July.
    • Services-related businesses were responsible for almost all the gains, with hospitality leading.
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

Weekly jobless claims total 709,000 vs. 740,000 estimate

Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

Jobless claims totaled 742,000 for the week, ahead of the 710,000 estimate from economists surveyed by Dow Jones, according to the Labor Department.

Blog Entries

Dow 30,000

30k.JPG

U.S. added 245,000 jobs in November, vs 440,000 expected

Page 191 of 197 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast