Page 190 of 197 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 2,269 to 2,280 of 2354

Thread: Market News

Default Re: Market News

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    Can the world really afford to have airlines disappear? There will be a day when we'll look back and say what were we thinking.... And we're getting closer to that point every day.

I think the term bailout angers people because 2008 is fresh in many of our minds. Banks were all on the wrong side of massive bets and then got a re-do despite the world bearing the brunt of the impact.

Airlines were a mess before the panics and shutdowns happened no doubt, but they didn't cause this to happen like banks did in 2008. I'll also add that airlines need to get it together. The missed connections, lost luggage, pile-ups of people trying to be first on the plane to cram the overhead compartments - it all needs to stop.
    Fear not! If AOC has a say in the matter, we will all be going back to traveling by horse and buggy
    "the biggest mistake that traders make is to let these short-term trades turn into longer-term investments when they don’t work." RevShark

Blog Entries

Dang- S&P futures tumbling just now- down almost 2% on news that Trump caught the Covid.

It’s gonna be an ugly day.

• Nonfarm payrolls rose by 661,000 in September, lower than the 800,000 Dow Jones estimate.
    • The unemployment rate was 7.9%, better than the 8.2% estimate.
    • This is the final jobs report before the November election.
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

Trump calls off stimulus negotiations until after the election.
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by weatherweenie View Post
    Trump calls off stimulus negotiations until after the election.
    I don't have a problem with that. I think we'll see soon enough that Q2 2020 was the bottom of the "recession" (even though we're probably still in a depression).

Struggling families and businesses certainly have a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    I don't have a problem with that. I think we'll see soon enough that Q2 2020 was the bottom of the "recession" (even though we're probably still in a depression).

Blog Entries

This dropped right after the close too.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/06/hous...oly-power.html

Struggling families and businesses certainly have a problem with that.
    Trump is just making another DEAL.

Leaving the struggling people and businesses twisting in the wind. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post

Blog Entries

Yep. The art of the deal.

There's a right way and wrong way to stimulate the economy and that recent proposal was not the right way. The first thing to do is up open it up, even if we need to wear masks, then see where we're at with GDP numbers.

Struggling? So tired of hearing that one too. I got a postcard in the mail last week from Amazon looking for delivery and warehouse workers. Here you have the most successful company in the history of Earth and they are understaffed and looking for bodies.

And not for nothing, I've been hearing about "how bad the economy is" since around 2008. It hasn't let up and doesn't matter who's in charge.

AMZN, GOOGL, FB, AAPL: They'll be in the crosshairs in the next four years no matter who gets elected in November.

Fed Chairman Jerome Powell, a Trump appointee and one of the nation’s top economic officials, said just hours before the president’s tweets that the U.S. economic outlook could deteriorate again if Congress couldn’t reach a deal to release more relief.

Failing to reach a deal could “lead to a weak recovery, creating unnecessary hardship for households and businesses” and thwart a rebound that thus far has progressed more quickly than expected.

“By contrast, the risks of overdoing it seem, for now, to be smaller,” Powell added in remarks to the National Association for Business Economics. “Even if policy actions ultimately prove to be greater than needed, they will not go to waste. The recovery will be stronger and move faster if monetary policy and fiscal policy continue to work side by side to provide support to the economy until it is clearly out of the woods.”

Fed Chairman Jerome Powell: Failing to reach a deal could “lead to a weak recovery, creating unnecessary hardship for households and businesses” and thwart a rebound that thus far has progressed more quickly than expected.
    Trump tweet tonight...

If I am sent a Stand Alone Bill for Stimulus Checks ($1,200), they will go out to our great people IMMEDIATELY. I am ready to sign right now. Are you listening Nancy?
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...64886648582144
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Page 190 of 197 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast