Page 114 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,357 to 1,368 of 1911

Thread: Rod's Account Talk

Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

Rod, thanks! Glad you side stepped this one; I manage so sidestep the housing crisis... but not this one. You think C or S would have the best rebound? Rode S down, its been lagging the C... not a pretty picture, but hope to position correctly. Possibly a bottoming process going on now.
    50% S, 50% C 06 Mar, was 100% G; 80% S 20% C COB 08 Jan '24; 100% G COB 14 Nov; was 100% C COB 31 Oct (Boo!); was 100% G COB 12 Oct; was 50% C, 50% S COB 22 Jun; Life is good!

Thumbs up Re: Rod's Account Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Whipsaw View Post
    Rod, thanks! Glad you side stepped this one; I manage so sidestep the housing crisis... but not this one. You think C or S would have the best rebound? Rode S down, its been lagging the C... not a pretty picture, but hope to position correctly. Possibly a bottoming process going on now.
    I nibbled in on most of those stocks I mentioned a few posts ago. They may be down tomorrow... and every other day thereafter. But, at least I am beginning to rebuild my portfolio.

Although (S) has the most to gain (just look at the bottom part of the auto tracker), I'll likely stick with what's worked for me in the past when I do eventually make an IFT: 60 (C) 40 (S). But, I won't do that to catch the inevitable rally that is due. I think I will wait until after the first retest of the lows after that inevitable ride back up.

Remember, don't let it trick you. Do not think we are out of the woods when that rally eventually takes off. Be on guard for that retest of the lows.
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Talking Re: Rod's Account Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I nibbled in on most of those stocks I mentioned a few posts ago. They may be down tomorrow... and every other day thereafter. But, at least I am beginning to rebuild my portfolio.
    And sold most of it by COB. Got cold feet.
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Exclamation Re: Rod's Account Talk

So... don't get too excited when Mr. Market swings wildly (you should be used to that by now) in one direction or the other tomorrow. Why? Because tomorrow is Quadruple Witching. Read about it here:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21632W

Remember what I said about today's action...

So... don't get too excited when Mr. Market swings wildly (you should be used to that by now) in one direction or the other tomorrow. Why? Because tomorrow is Quadruple Witching. Read about it here:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21632W

My advice is to stay away for now. Manipulated wild swings lately. Pump-n-dumps.

Blue Apron (APRN) is on fire. It's a meal kit delivery service. I got in @ 11.30. A little late to the rally. But, it is moving higher from there.

Be careful out there... remember, it's a Quadruple Witching day.

Furthermore, as of now, WMT and COST are down 1.50% - 2%.

If this decline was something other than a virus causing exogenous event , these levels would be a must buy considering all the Fed moves/Gov't stimuli/etc. But with Fauci intimating a much longer shelter in place/social distancing, and GS revising a -5% forecast to a -24% 2nd quarter forecast, there's going to a more lasting economic event even once the cases start to slow (perhaps as soon as next week for the US). Maybe one more staggered wave down? How long are you going to remain in the bear camp?
    Last edited by fedgolfer; 03-20-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fedgolfer View Post
    How long are you going to remain in the bear camp?
    I've been camping with the bears since my IFT to (G) on 23 Dec 2019. Because this is unprecedented, I will continue to camp for the foreseeable future. Unless, of course, there is a dramatic 'bout face. But, that's not to say I won't attempt to catch an "extended" rally until the lows are retested.

Exclamation Re: Rod's Account Talk

Beware the ides of the Quad Witch. Especially in the final hour of trading.

Futures hit 5% limit down. Only took 5 minutes.

Futures hit 5% limit down. Only took 5 minutes.

Yep...nothing was all that bad till Pelosi came out of the meeting this afternoon and said they were going to introduce their own bill. ig weekend had been about 300ish and went down 500 points right after.

Page 114 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast