Page 100 of 160 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,189 to 1,200 of 1911

Thread: Rod's Account Talk

Exclamation Re: Rod's Account Talk

"business as usual..." ?

Although it can be tempting at times, we truly have to learn to resist that FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) IFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    And some folks might feel that today if the futures hold and we get a post-Super Tuesday bounce by COB. Because of the extreme volatility, it's hard to say what will happen today. At any rate, it'll likely be COVID-19 business as usual come tomorrow. Be careful out there.
    I am 100 (F), and will keep a keen eye on those bond yields. One thing it has going for it is that the 10-YR is once again below 1%.

Be careful out there.

God Bless
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Question Re: Rod's Account Talk

Despite the roller coaster week, the major indices have banked some gains thus so far:

S&P: +175.90

Dow: +1,681.50

Naz: +450.79

Will these gains be relinquished today and tomorrow? It's difficult to say. But, if you've been caught on this roller coaster all week long, at least you have gains for now.

God Bless
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

This is ridiculous, we need at least four IFTs a month! What the Hell is wrong with the TSP Directors, are they part of the Swamp?skunk.gif

Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    This is ridiculous, we need at least four IFTs a month! What the Hell is wrong with the TSP Directors, are they part of the Swamp?skunk.gif
    Actually, we need to return to unlimited IFTs. This is exactly why I plan to move my TSP to my TD account. The 2 IFT limit severely limits my ability to put my $$$ to work. For example, instead of waiting things out in (F), I could easily put that money to work on an inverse ETF such as SH, SDS, SPXU, and RWM. All of which are currently up 2% - 7% for the day. I don't see being in the TSP for much longer.

I plan to do the same. TSP is just way too limited with 2 IFTs per month. In addition, the 4hour window from noon to 4pm is a death sentence as we are blindfolded while the rest of the market transacts in milliseconds!!! We are getting it there too!
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 4-1-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Another excellent point, especially given Mr. Market's extreme volatility. Folks talk about TSP's low management fees. But, accounts outside of the TSP are becoming more and more attractive because most brokers are going commission-free.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamboatAnnie View Post
    I plan to do the same. TSP is just way too limited with 2 IFTs per month. In addition, the 4hour window from noon to 4pm is a death sentence as we are blindfolded while the rest of the market transacts in milliseconds!!! We are getting it there too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Another excellent point, especially given Mr. Market's extreme volatility. Folks talk about TSP's low management fees. But, accounts outside of the TSP are becoming more and more attractive because most brokers are going commission-free.
    Yep, my Fidelity Roth IRA is commission free. Only 4 1/2 more years and I will be transferring everything over to Fidelity.

I take that back!! We need a minimum of 1 in and 1 out a week. So make that 8 IFTs a month and unlimited to the "G".anger.gif

You're being much too gracious. I demand that they return to us what they stole from us- unlimited IFT's.

I take that back!! We need a minimum of 1 in and 1 out a week. So make that 8 IFTs a month and unlimited to the "G".anger.gif

Ditto here...just waiting several years into retirement so I avoid 72t issues (retiring this year under the LEO special supplement). I will keep the money in TSP till 59 1/2 so there aren't penalties and I still can draw down for emergency purposes.

When I do go I am considering Charles Schwab but I do like the TD virtual trading.

As long as you do a direct rollover (after military/civilian separation/retirement) to a broker, there won't be any penalties. Remember, if you are in a Roth IRA, you can withdraw your contributions at any time penalty and tax-free. You just can't withdraw the earnings penalty and tax-free before the age of 59.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcqlives View Post
    I will keep the money in TSP till 59 1/2 so there aren't penalties and I still can draw down for emergency purposes.

When I do go I am considering Charles Schwab but I do like the TD virtual trading.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamboatAnnie View Post
    In addition, the 4hour window from noon to 4pm is a death sentence as we are blindfolded while the rest of the market transacts in milliseconds!!! We are getting it there too!
    This is my major gripe right now. For example, not saying I would have IFTed, but yesterday I was on a (more important) field trip with my son and was too busy chaperoning (like I should) to be worried about meeting TSP's arbitrary deadline. Besides, with this volatility, even if I had made the move at noon the S-Fund was only up 0.80% and it wasn't clear that those gains were going to hold. So yeah, with 18-20 years to go until retirement, the TSP is a blessing and a curse, and it looks like it will stay that way.

Page 100 of 160 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast