Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

Default Re: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

Well, the Fed shot their wad, and nothing much changed except a few day traders made some money. Now what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TSATSO View Post
    Well, the Fed shot their wad, and nothing much changed except a few day traders made some money. Now what?
    I sit back and continue to watch from the sidelines. There isn't anything the FED can do, because this cycle isn't triggered because of a monetary or liquidity problem.

It's simply time to watch what happens, and wait for a nice, lower point to com e back in. It isn't going to be anytime soon. The October 2008 crash didn't bottom out until March 2009. This retracement isn't a crash, and it's not going to be that long- but it IS going to take a while to sort itself out.

This thread is the News forum, so I was gonna keep Market stuff out of it and purely about news updates/prep. Assuming you got here from the latest posts, its hard to tell that.
    Try checking out...

Coronavirus and Stocks:
    Coronavirus and Stocks

or even tsptalk market talk:
    tsptalk's Market Talk

Quote Originally Posted by TSATSO View Post
    Check out the TSP Poker Club stats: https://goo.gl/cUv6Yj
    Come join the fun: http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/the-lounge...oker-club.html

From Space.com
    https://www.space.com/

Dramatic effect of coronavirus lockdowns seen from space

By Rafi Letzter
    The air above China cleaned up faster than ever before in living memory.
    https://www.space.com/coronavirus-changes-pollution-over-china.html

A map shows the sharp decline in emissions over China between early January and late February as parts of the country went on lockdown in an attempt to contain the COVID-19 coronavirus.
    (Image: © NASA Earth Observatory)
    May the force be with us.

There's a joke in this story title somewhere.

Virus panic buying prompts toilet roll rationing Down Under

https://www.yahoo.com/news/virus-pan...053950897.html

Blog Entries

Here is the March 5,2020 WHO data.

The good news is- China appears to be slowing down on the number of new cases. China has instituted severe controls on the movement of people, and they are reporting fewer new cases each day. Some still question if that is accurate. That’s all we can go by.

The bad news: still getting lots of new cases in South Korea, Italy, and Iran. Sone growth in other countries. USA now saying a total of 9 dead directly from the virus.

Data:

IMG_6727.JPG

By country:

IMG_6728.JPG

IMG_6729.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums

Blog Entries

I don't know if this Dr. Berg was forced to take this video down, but all I can see are reposts by others...

Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Blog Entries

Default 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

It’s not the current/past number of deaths that is concerning.

It’s what happens a month/three months/ a year into the future that is concerning.

Remember this chart back around January 25, when there were less than two thousand people Sick in China?

IMG_6348.JPG

Well, how much can you believe the Chinese government when they suddenly showed the expansion of the disease slowed, and yet foreign journalists are banned from reporting on scene?

Hmmm. I guess we’ll just have to watch Italy and South Korea for a while, both free societies where they can’t keep things as quiet, eh?

If you are very sure the Communist Chinese numbers are accurate and honest, I guess there isn’t much to worry about. As long as society accepts cities put on complete quarantine, and road blocks and check points on every block to verify no temperatures. And isolation so that you can only send out one person every four days to get supplies. And, hauling people away against their will if they show the slightest hint of fever.

Yes, I guess it’s not as bad as heart disease, is it? Pretty soon, everybody will be used to that kind of restriction to prevent disease. And we can return to focusing on our 401(k)’s.

(Sorry, I went 100% “C” yesterday in hopes of catching the roller coaster ride up one day- and am feeling grumpy this morning while looking at the futures markets. The doctor in the video says watch less news to keep the stress down. I guess that’s a good idea. I’ll Turn off Fox. ;-) )

Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums
    Last edited by James48843; 03-06-2020 at 06:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Default COVID-19; was 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

CNBC's Santelli Said
    In Order To Reduce The Economic Impact 'We Should Just Give Everyone The Corona"

Source: Business Insider

CNBC's Rick Santelli suggested everyone should get the novel coronavirus because the current panic is negatively impacting the economy. Santelli appeared on CNBC's "The Exchange," where he iterated he was "not a doctor" but made a comparison between the generic flu and the coronavirus that causes the disease known as COVID-19. —Joshua Potash

"All I know is, think about how the world would be if you tried to quarantine everybody because of the generic-type flu," Santelli said. "Now I'm not saying this is the generic-type flu, but maybe we'd be just better off if we gave it to everybody, and then in a month it would be over because the mortality rate of this probably isn't going to be any different if we did it that way than the long-term picture, but the difference is we're wreaking havoc on global and domestic economies."

COVID-19 has flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and trouble breathing. Business Insider's Holly Secon broke down the differences between the novel coronavirus and the flu. In part she wrote: "'This virus is not SARS, it's not MERS, and it's not influenza,' [WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom] Ghebreyesus said in a press conference on Tuesday. 'It is a unique virus with unique characteristics.'

"The most crucial difference between the flu and the coronavirus is that the latter has been far deadlier. Whereas about 0.1% of people who get the flu die, the coronavirus' death rate is now at about 3.4%, based on the current numbers of cases and deaths...

Read more: https://www.businessinsider.com/cnbc...economy-2020-3

###

Oh, sure. That's the solution.

Let's make sure everybody gets it, get it over with in a month, and then the markets will kick back up! Great idea!

Blog Entries

Default Re: COVID-19; was 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

Coronavirus cure for stocks not yet found
    — don't rule out 50% of the market being wiped out

( Snip: )

"A recession is imminent, and it's OK,” Hercules Investment CEO James McDonald said on Yahoo Finance’s The First Trade. “A 30% correction sounds scary right, but the Dow, S&P 500 and the Nasdaq rallied to nearly 30% in just one year last year. If you look at a 35% to 45% trim from here, it sounds bad but it just takes us back first quarter 2016. Understand that the numbers are relative, it is a good time to anticipate a major pullback and then get back in the market.”

More: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coron...155725587.html

need a 40 inch monitor just to read your posts James, my word.
    Check out the TSP Poker Club stats: https://goo.gl/cUv6Yj
    Come join the fun: http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/the-lounge...oker-club.html

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast