Page 133 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,585 to 1,596 of 2213

Thread: ravensfan's Account Talk

Default Re: ravensfan's Account Talk

For a brief moment I was tempted to buy into equities today. Had I done so, I would have saved 2 IFT's for May and I like having that option.
    But then, looking at the charts, with RSI and sentiment so high and the vix being in the 13's I thought naaaaah. As soon as I get in down we go.

So I will keep my current mix of 50% G, 50% F and wait. Last really big drop was on 22 Mar (C Fund -1.90%, S Fund -3.03), so I would say we are due.

Good luck everyone!
    "the biggest mistake that traders make is to let these short-term trades turn into longer-term investments when they don’t work." RevShark

First IFT for May submitted, effective COB 5/6/19, 100% C Fund

Let's see if buying the dip pays off this time. Sticky pants deployed!

Good luck everyone!
    "the biggest mistake that traders make is to let these short-term trades turn into longer-term investments when they don’t work." RevShark

So I was looking at my performance the last time I got into equities. Early March. We were down 5 of the first 6 business days of the month. Here it is May, I'm back in again and yep you guessed in, market is down 5 of the first 6 business days of the month.

Probably doesn't mean anything at all except it seems I've been snake bit since last August. Very frustrating...

Okay, I'm off my soap box. I feel better now!

Ran across a very good article today that explains investing depending on your age. It certainly clears up how much risk one should take on and certainly applies to our TSP.

Enjoy!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savi...nds/ar-AABbzDc

First IFT for June submitted, effective COB 6/7/19. 50% G Fund, 50% L2020.

This last trade has been a disaster and even with a nice pop today, will still be negative. But with a nice rebound of 3.37% plus whatever today gives me, I should be fairly close to neutral for the year. Not what I had hoped for, but earlier this week I was at -4.76% year to date.

Note: First time I have ventured into the L funds, so this should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan View Post
    First IFT for June submitted, effective COB 6/7/19. 50% G Fund, 50% L2020.

This last trade has been a disaster and even with a nice pop today, will still be negative. But with a nice rebound of 3.37% plus whatever today gives me, I should be fairly close to neutral for the year. Not what I had hoped for, but earlier this week I was at -4.76% year to date.

Note: First time I have ventured into the L funds, so this should be interesting.
    I'm ranked at like 850 something on the tracker so I'm with you. Need to start gaining some traction though the volatility and the "Trump" changes keeps us on our toes. 5% C,S,& I and 85% G at close today.

Hoping all the dads out there had a Happy Father's Day today. And for those whose father has passed on, wishing you a special blessing and peace as you remember your father during happier times.

Looks like the TSP website is a little late posting today's closing prices.

Well it is almost 11:00 pm here on the east coast and still no closing prices from TSP. But hey all is not lost as the NFL Network is showing the 2013 playoff win between my Ravens and the Denver Bronco's, known around these parts as the "Mile High Miracle". Yep that's the year they went on to beat the 49'rs in the Super Bowl.

You mean the East Coast Cleveland Browns!!!!
    May the force be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by nasa1974 View Post
    You mean the East Coast Cleveland Browns!!!!
    I understand your frustration, but at least Art Modell left the team name, colors and all records in Cleveland. Past Browns heroes can still root for their Browns. Unlike in Baltimore where Bob Irsay stole away in the middle of the night, off to Indianapolis with everything Colts. The name, the colors, the records, everything. Who do Colt greats like Bruce Laird, Lenny Moore, Alan Amechi, Johnny Unitas root for? Certainly not the Indianapolis Colts.

I know your pain only because I live it myself everytime I see the Colts. Perhaps now is the time to get over it and be thankful for the team you now have. I think something very special is happening in Cleveland right now and I can see them competing for a Super Bowl very soon. It's time to enjoy the ride.

With today's market action, I am finally out of negative territory. Autotracker has me at 0.00% year to date.

Now with some follow through tomorrow, we may actually be able to show a gain for the year.

Page 133 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast