Page 585 of 703 FirstFirst ... 85485535575583584585586587595635685 ... LastLast
Results 7,009 to 7,020 of 8435

Thread: coolhand's Account Talk

Blog Entries

Default Re: coolhand's Account Talk

Today's mixed trading day was consistent with my mixed indicators.

S&P 500.png
    DWCPF.png

While the bears managed to push the DWCPF lower (barely), the bulls managed to push the S&P 500 higher (modestly). So, nothing has changed as far the charts go.

This evening, the options are neutral. My intermediate term system remains under pressure, but remains positive. Breadth is struggling now, but it too is still positive.

My bullish perspective remains intact (as does NAAIM). I see no clear market direction for Tuesday, but the trend does remain up.

Blog Entries

Yesterday, I said that I saw no clear market direction for Tuesday, but that the trend did remain up. It didn't hurt that NAAIM was bullish either.

S&P 500.png
    DWCPF.png

As it turned out, price soared higher on Tuesday, with the S&P 500 hitting a fresh high and the DWCPF closing back at its previous highs.

My intermediate term system got well on the rally (it was still positive). Breadth turned back up (it too was already positive).

The OEX is bullish this evening, while the CBOE is neutral.

It's a slam dunk; the market remains in bull mode. I suspect we may get some residual upside early in the trading day on Wednesday.

Blog Entries

I'm having problems with the charts this evening, but there wasn't much action in the markets today so we won't miss much.

There was little change once again and my indicators remain largely the same. The options are neutral, so they aren't much help. Still, the bulls remain in control. NAAIM reports in the morning.

I want to think you (again) for your daily post! They help me a lot!
    I got out today (back to G) with a gain of .80 for the month.

I'll be waiting for a dip in May to get back in and make another percent. My goal is to make 1% a month. No greed, no fear.

My 12 month TSP return is 12% (Perfect) I owe a lot of that to you and TSP Talk for his post as well.

I spend 95% or better of my time in the G fund (Safe) But I make swing trades each month. It works well for me.
    The "Coolhand Indicator" as I call it, is one I watch very closely.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries

The bears managed to take a little something back on Thursday. Their efforts were met with pushback as the resilience of this market remained on display.

S&P 500.png
    DWCPF.png

While the DWCPF took the biggest loss, neither chart strayed that far from its highs. I do note that RSI has been dancing around the overbought line for more than 3 weeks now. But the upward bias has not changed.

Today's weakness put my intermediate term system a hair from going negative. That sounds bearish (it is), but breadth remains in a bullish configuration. And while the options are neutral again, NAAIM came in not far from unchanged (bullish).

It looks like more of the same on tap. An overall upward bias.

Coolhand, greatly appreciate your analysis, as always; I looked up Ichimoku not really understanding the clouds on the chart. It is supposed to provide a high view and supporting trends; how do you interpret that? I seems to me that it lags the market quite a bit... i.e. the 24 Dec bottom and the shift from red to green in March. Thanks!
    50% S, 50% C 06 Mar, was 100% G; 80% S 20% C COB 08 Jan '24; 100% G COB 14 Nov; was 100% C COB 31 Oct (Boo!); was 100% G COB 12 Oct; was 50% C, 50% S COB 22 Jun; Life is good!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whipsaw View Post
    Coolhand, greatly appreciate your analysis, as always; I looked up Ichimoku not really understanding the clouds on the chart. It is supposed to provide a high view and supporting trends; how do you interpret that? I seems to me that it lags the market quite a bit... i.e. the 24 Dec bottom and the shift from red to green in March. Thanks!

The future cloud formation is just that, a future price projection based on past price action. There is no quick explanation of Ichimoku clouds, but here is link that does a decent job of sorting it out.

https://traderhq.com/trading-indicat...egy-explained/

I don't actively trade anymore, so I don't do in-depth chart analysis. I can look at a chart and see what I need to see fairly quickly, however. But my insight goes beyond charts (and sentiment) and delves into the geopolitical landscape in terms of risk to the financial markets. I avoid discussing that part of my analysis the majority of the time as most will not understand why I see what I see and that generates more questions than I care to answer. This is a tool that took me years to develop and can't be learned in most (if any) higher learning centers. Anyone who wants to begin a foundation of this type of perspective can start by reading The Creature From Jekyll Island.

Blog Entries

The market closed higher for the week on Friday, with price hitting fresh closing highs on both charts.

S&P 500.png
    DWCPF.png

The bears can't get anything going and resulting in a melt up.

My intermediate term system remains positive. I note that TRINQ is high, which is bullish for Monday. Breadth remains bullish.

The options are neutral. TSP Talk remains bulled up, but not quite a much as last week. NAAIM remains bullish.

The song remains the same as the trend remains to the upside.

You mentioned a book called "The Creature from Jekyll Island". Over 20 years ago, I took a 2- week course at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Brunswick GA. Its basically like a military base with barricks, mess hall , etc. On the weekend we were free to leave and I took a day trip with fellow classmates to tour Jekyll Island and St.Simon Island.. As I recall, it had some old mansions and compounds previously visited by the ultra rich. So its interesting to know that this Island figures into the book you mention about the Federal reserve and international banking power!

I was looking into buying book but found this link to a pdf version. Reading it now, and it is very interesting!

https://archive.org/stream/pdfy--Por...sland_djvu.txt

Always wanted to know more on this topic, but seems there is sooooo much more to it.

Coolhand, Thank you for telling us about the book.
    Last edited by DreamboatAnnie; 04-29-2019 at 12:42 AM.
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 2-13-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Thanks DBA! Saved as a PDF and I already started reading it this morning. I skimmed section 2 and am reading section 4 in detail. This is a good read for sure! I think it will effectively replace several books I have read and still reference when the markets do something crazy in response to the FED or the other central banks.

Thanks! I just downloaded the PDF and the Kindle version too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DreamboatAnnie View Post
    You mentioned a book called "The Creature from Jekyll Island". Over 20 years ago, I took a 2- week course at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Brunswick GA. Its basically like a military base with barricks, mess hall , etc. On the weekend we were free to leave and I took a day trip with fellow classmates to tour Jekyll Island and St.Simon Island.. As I recall, it had some old mansions and compounds previously visited by the ultra rich. So its interesting to know that this Island figures into the book you mention about the Federal reserve and international banking power!

I was looking into buying book but found this link to a pdf version. Reading it now, and it is very interesting!

https://archive.org/stream/pdfy--Por...sland_djvu.txt

Always wanted to know more on this topic, but seems there is sooooo much more to it.

Coolhand, Thank you for telling us about the book.
    Jekyll Island was where the biggest names in banking (JP Morgan, etc.) gathered (covertly) back in the 1913 to plan a financial take-over the US (Federal Reserve). There were some insiders in DC that helped this along. It should be noted that President Andrew Jackson fought the bankers during his Presidency (Trump has his picture hanging in the Oval Office)when they tried to infiltrate during those years. Many of our Founding Fathers understood what a Central Bank really means (loss of control of your country) and would never willingly go along with such a paradigm. Over time, those that understood passed away and those born after the fact (like us) did not know any better. We generally think it's always been that way. This book will give anyone who reads it a better foundation of how things really work (or don't).

Page 585 of 703 FirstFirst ... 85485535575583584585586587595635685 ... LastLast