Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: BamaAF's Account Talk

Default Re: BamaAF's Account Talk

Had forgot what that looked like

Nice job NNUT!

Let's try this again - I will be negative in hopes the opposite happens...

The market is popping too early - no way it will hold out till close!

Down just North of 4% for October -much worse until last two days... sitting just above 3% positive for year now (instead of the 7.4 just a few weeks ago). Need to average 6% per year to have my TSP last until mid 80's (retired 3 years ago at 56). Bad as I hate licking my wounds, if today looks posiive at 11 central I think I will move to G and give market a chance to fill in the gaps and do a wait and see on market reaction to Tuesday. This would be bullet number 1, so I could jump back in if it looks positive after Tuesday. Hopefully will get a good chance to exit today. Good luck everyone.

Exiting to G COB today - plan is to re-enter COB next Friday (after elections) - Good Luck All

Smart People -- (smarter than me anyway) - why is Apple stock dropping? They beat everything

They missed on the number of iPhones sold.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAF View Post
    Smart People -- (smarter than me anyway) - why is Apple stock dropping? They beat everything
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

Blog Entries

News Trader
    https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/news-trader.asp

"...The adage "buy the rumor, sell the news" means that rumors have one effect on a security's price and news can have an opposite effect. For this reason, news traders may focus on trading in the time leading up to the news ..."
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

As for what UQ said, you could also view it as when the rumor leaks out it affects price based on how market interprets that rumor as good or bad for stocks/market. By the time the actual news gets announced, the stock market price has already taken that "news" into account and would be fairly priced--- old news to the market. However, if the actual news that comes out differs from what the market expected, watch out!

I still tend to think you should see an uptick if all earnings numbers are a beat because you don't know until it comes out...well at least its not publicly/widely known. But, that said, I have seen that Grok Trade guy does not like to buy before earnings. I think he may think that the market insiders already know and have made their moves.

In the case of Apple, they did beat on many metrics, but as WW reported, it did not beat on the number of iPhones sold and apparently the market did not like that.
    Last edited by DreamboatAnnie; 11-01-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 2-13-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Good Luck All - appears maybe I got out too early as the futures look really good for the start, hope it holds all day for you and I hate I will be missing a strong up day

Drawing a blank - 3rd move and above for month - do all funds have to be moved to G or can just some of the funds be moved to G? Example - if the 2nd move was 100% to S. would the 3rd move have to move 100% to G or could it be say 50% to G, and 4th move say another 25% to G? Tks

Drawing a blank - 3rd move and above for month - do all funds have to be moved to G or can just some of the funds be moved to G? Example - if the 2nd move was 100% to S. would the 3rd move have to move 100% to G or could it be say 50% to G, and 4th move say another 25% to G? Tks
    Moves into G Fund are unrestricted. So yes you can move to G more than the two normally allotted TSP transfers in any percentage you like.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast