Page 37 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar Carboni's Videos

Blog Entries

Default Re: Oscar Carboni's Videos

Quote Originally Posted by FireWeatherMet View Post
    Watching Oscar go bonkers over the past week, I'm starting to think maybe we're back to something between 2000 or 2007, namely a big transition to a significant Market Correction, which start when no one knows what the F is going on.
    Really? This is the third video of his I've (painfully) watched. The first was after nnuut first started posting them here. He seems the same to me.
    When 2000 and 2007 return, it'll be more than just one guru going bonkers.

Lots of things in this world I don't understand. I'd been shocked to see teachers/professors teaching math, science, or anything serious (such as where to put your money) with cow bells, horn sounds (I remember from the old Kudlow and Kramer(sp?) show--does Kramer still use zanny sound effects?) and an applause-hype-man (or woman?) in the background after every spoken verse.

What is it about all this pomp and circumstance that tells viewers: "Ya know, these wild and zany guys really know what they're talking about!"

[userque bows slightly, and applauds himself]

[COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

It was less his "shtick", more his total giving up on market analysis.
    That I've never seen before.

p.s. Its funny though, his "Secret OMNI" is just simply the 150 day MA (lol).
    CURRENTLY 100% G (as of COB 03/18/2024) 1st March IFT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FireWeatherMet View Post
    ...p.s. Its funny though, his "Secret OMNI" is just simply the 150 day MA (lol).
    Yeah, I see your point.

Again, I don't watch him and the only thing I knew about "OMNI" was that I saw it on his shirt. But since you mentioned what you did, my BS meter spiked--so I dug a little.

I won't post any links, mostly because I don't really know enough, and don't care to fully investigate--and a little because I don't want to traumatize anyone here since his video links are posted here daily, so he must be held in some sort of regard here ; but if you want to laugh, (or cry if you're an "Omniac" ) Google "oscar carboni snake oil" and read a good link or two )
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    Yeah, I see your point.

Again, I don't watch him and the only thing I knew about "OMNI" was that I saw it on his shirt. But since you mentioned what you did, my BS meter spiked--so I dug a little.

I won't post any links, mostly because I don't really know enough, and don't care to fully investigate--and a little because I don't want to traumatize anyone here since his video links are posted here daily, so he must be held in some sort of regard here ; but if you want to laugh, (or cry if you're an "Omniac" ) Google "oscar carboni snake oil" and read a good link or two )
    It's simple, he does Short term trading, Day trading. If you don't like or respect his opinions DON'T WATCH HIS VIDEOS. Have a Great 4th of July, I'm for AMERICA!!AmericanFlag.gif

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    It's simple, he does Short term trading, Day trading.
    Wow...LOL. Anyway. Thanks nnuut. I really wasn't wondering what type of trading he says he does, but I appreciate the input.

If you don't like or respect his opinions DON'T WATCH HIS VIDEOS.
    Yeah ... thanks again nnuut. But I think everyone knows they don't have to watch anyone's videos if they don't like to. But if you recall, I don't watch them. So, I really don't know his opinions. I might like and respect his opinions, if I knew them.

And to be fair, nnuut, I don't regularly watch any trading videos. It's not personal nnuut.

Have a Great 4th of July, I'm for AMERICA!!...
    You too nnuut.

"When they go low; we go high!" -- Michelle Obama

Although I have a lot to say about Oscar, I'll try to make this quick.

I researched him too years ago, but after I got to know him (and his family) I chalk many of those stories up to be a disgruntled subscribers who may have lost money trading the futures (imagine that), and was looking for someone else to blame. Oscar is a good salesman and may be overly optimistic or over-promise, but he is also the best chart reader I ever met, and I was intrigued with his ability to call tops and bottoms, both intraday and long-term.

He was in the trenches with the floor traders 30+ years ago and learned what he knows, and I'm sure that toughens you up.

As far as him personally, he's not really like that guy he plays in the videos. He is more quiet actually, and he's a very generous guy who would do, or give, anything to help a friend or family member.

He had the foresight to buy a big beautiful house in Vegas during the 2008 real estate crash. My wife and I have stayed with them and they are the kind of people who say what's mine is yours, or mi casa es su casa.

Oscar also never sleeps. I never saw anyone like him. Another quick story... My wife and I, another friend, and Oscar went out to see a band play in Vegas. We were out late and when we got home, maybe 2 AM or so, Oscar said he had to run to the store. The next morning was Easter Sunday and he had gone out that night and made Easter baskets for all of us. Not only that, he also bought a big screen TV that he installed on his outside porch so he can watch the markets outside, while the rest of us slept that night.

He has monitors with futures quote screens all over his big house, with alarms that went off when his price levels would get hit, and they went off all the time, any time day or night.

Anyway, he's a good guy but like any business owner, there will be those who have problems with him.

Oh, and the OMNI is not the 150 day moving average. The OMNI is more involved than that. He does use his "OTAPMA" which is a moving average that you can figure out through trial and error, but it's not the 150 day.

But I digress.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Blog Entries

Are you a paying subscriber of his?

Not currently, although I do subscribe once in a while for a month at a time to see what he's doing.

He did teach me his trading method so I do know when he is going to be green or red, and how he gets his daily price target.

He is also the most disciplined trader I know, not that I know a lot of futures traders.
    Tom

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Blog Entries

I see. 30 day free trials.

Seriously. Thanks for the personal perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Not currently, although I do subscribe once in a while for a month at a time to see what he's doing.

He did teach me his trading method so I do know when he is going to be green or red, and how he gets his daily price target.

He is also the most disciplined trader I know, not that I know a lot of futures traders.

Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    I see. 30 day free trials.

Seriously. Thanks for the personal perspective!
    No, sir. $200 a pop... each month.
    Tom

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    No, sir. $200 a pop... each month.
    That's more like it!

"Put your money where your mouth is."
    ---Author unknown to me.

Default Re: userque's Account talk

Page 37 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast