Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSP.gov Site down this morning (3/2)

Default Re: TSP.gov Site down this morning (3/2)

It was back up at 2 minutes after 12 noon ET. How convenient for everyone.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Maybe they are implementing some new security measures based on their poor performance on recent audit TSP Gets Lowest Possible Score on Information Security Audit They are annoyingly sure that they get you account number, name, address, phone number & retirement plan each and every time you call in, before they will answer any question.

Quote Originally Posted by evilanne View Post
    Maybe they are implementing some new security measures based on their poor performance on recent audit TSP Gets Lowest Possible Score on Information Security Audit They are annoyingly sure that they get you account number, name, address, phone number & retirement plan each and every time you call in, before they will answer any question.
    It's all a Blackrock conspiracy, I tell ya's!

7. Default Re: TSP.gov Site down this morning (3/2)

Quote Originally Posted by FUTURESTRADER View Post
    It's all a Blackrock conspiracy, I tell ya's!
    It could be a planned effort to keep from a so called bank run with the anticipation of a large percentage moving money to the "G" fund. This will give at least one day to move slowly out to reduce the impact on all other funds, especially the "L" funds.

9. Default Re: TSP.gov Site down this morning (3/2)

I got "account locked - one hour", and the link to change PW failed with a "We're having technical difficulties" message. Sigh.

11. Default Re: TSP.gov Site down this morning (3/2)

So, I can get in, but the "My Account" page says it is unavailable. Can browse all the other info areas, but can't see statements, make elections, or set up loans. GRRRRRRRR!

Got an email just now from Thrift Savings Plan Page Watch. Better late then never?

Technical Outage

We are currently experiencing a technical outage that is affecting the ThriftLine and tsp.gov. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

July 3rd - TSP site down this morning.

I didn't get the email indicating that my IFT had been processed (I made IFT afternoon of 6/29), hoping to get back into market this morning 7/3. I can login but can't really do anything else, IFT and Contribution pages are down, and I can only see account balance from 6/29.

Quote Originally Posted by djlc86 View Post
    July 3rd - TSP site down this morning.

I didn't get the email indicating that my IFT had been processed (I made IFT afternoon of 6/29), hoping to get back into market this morning 7/3. I can login but can't really do anything else, IFT and Contribution pages are down, and I can only see account balance from 6/29.
    Let's hope it is functioning in time for folks to make a change if they need to. Good luck.
    May the force be with us.

TSP has following message up:

SPECIAL NOTICE
    Due to a technical problem, information in the My Account section has not yet been updated. We are correcting the problem and expect to have My Account updated later today.

Blog Entries

Just wanted to post this since a google query brings up this thread.

--

This account access is not currently available due to security concerns. Please contact the ThriftLine at 1-877-968-3778 (TDD 1-877-847-4385) if you have any questions or concerns.
    Means either an IP discrepancy (IP address changed during your login) or that there were excessive failed logins to your account. The first is for people who feel they need to use non-US VPN's for every site.

The second may or may not be a malicious actor. If you use an aggregator such as mint to link all your accounts together, you could end up with the site being bombed by requests. Since Mint will have your credentials, but not the 2FA verification code, the site sees it as an attack of sorts. I also think that incorrectly entering a 2FA verification code multiple times would do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12