Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Default Re: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    So...I was thrilled last Friday when I closed a short-term trade in GBTC in my Roth IRA, selling at $1062 for a $1600 gain...I had 19 shares, and here 3 days later it's rocketed to an insane $1800....
    Don't blink or we'll miss the pullbacks. GBTC is down $300 from this morning's highs.

BTC is down $1700 from this morning's high. Crazy stuff.

I had (have) a limit order to buy BTC at $8500. This morning it looked like it would never be hit. Now it looks like it can happen in a few hours.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    So I gotta ask-

What on earth can be worth the price that this thing is doing? Seriously?

I smell a crash in the price not far away.... (*But then again, I don't own any).
    The idea of doing transactions without banks has always been the driving factor of cryptocurrency. If corporations can take over a massive share at high prices, then this could be an easy way to do large transactions without government oversight.

But then again, I got 4 BC at basement prices. I wish I would have had the guts to stick with the DCA approach.
    THIS IS WHERE I WOULD PUT SOMETHING TO REPRESENT MY THINKING, BUT THEN THEY SHOW UP!
    Tracker =
    Check my position

Nice chart. BC has been going parabolic up this log chart and appears to have more to go to the blowoff top.

http://spiralcalendar.com/wp-content...111717bit1.jpg
    I'm watching this chart closely now. Right on cue Bitcoin started plunging as we're nearing that 12/1 Fibonacci date. If it plunges all the way into the $7000s over the next day or two I'll be a buyer (of GBTC) again for the ride up in December. Having it fall all the way to that line might be wishful thinking though, so Tom's $8500 could be the ticket...looks like that would be roughly a 50% loss of the rise since that Nov 12th low.

I have no idea on how to trade Bitcoin but I found this article very interesting. Appears Bitcoin traders can be hacked??
    Keeping Your Cryptos Safe From Crooks | Avi Gilburt | Safehaven.com
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 2-13-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Quote Originally Posted by DreamboatAnnie View Post
    I have no idea on how to trade Bitcoin but I found this article very interesting. Appears Bitcoin traders can be hacked??
    Keeping Your Cryptos Safe From Crooks | Avi Gilburt | Safehaven.com
    So can OPM! China already has my info lol might as well have my money also. TSP is not insured against a hack either. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post

BTC is down $1700 from this morning's high. Crazy stuff.
    And to think it was @ 6 CENTS in 2010.

Tom, why was that not on our radar back then?

(BTW, I have never owned any cryptos. I don't think I could stomach the extreme volatility.)
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

I am interested in dipping my toes into the CC waters. But, I am seeing a lot of negative reviews about coinbase as it pertains to website outages/issues/disabling user's accounts during opportune times to buy/sell. I understand that folks can crash a system with a lot of orders. But, these reviewers are claiming that coinbase purposefully does this. These are the reviews that I speak of:

Coinbase - 304 Reviews - Bitcoin Exchange - BitTrust.org

Have any of you ever experienced these issues while using coinbase?
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Hi Rod!

Coinbase's active trading platform is GDAX (gdax.com) and it works just fine. Plus it has lower fees.
    Tom

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

so Tom's $8500 could be the ticket...looks like that would be roughly a 50% loss of the rise since that Nov 12th low.
    The low on the 28th, just a few hours after I posted that, was the quick, sharp move down to $8596 - I hope that wasn't the low.

Tom

Hi Rod!

Coinbase's active trading platform is GDAX (gdax.com) and it works just fine. Plus it has lower fees.
    Thank you, Tom! I'll check it out.

Hi Rod!

So, dumb this down for me... if I was to use coinbase:

1. I must first go to coinbase.com and establish an account and wallet.

2. Then I go to gdax.com to buy and sell?

Or, is it all done at gdax.com?

It's been a while since I used coinbase but yes, all non-trading account activity for GDAX is handled on coinbase. Then, after you establish the gdax account, you can trade on either platform by quickly transferring cash or cryptos between the two accounts.
    Tom

Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast