Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Default Re: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by 1965Vintage View Post
    I'm afraid I sold it right before the big run up. I made a profit on it, but nothing like I could have. I will be watching GAHC for a pullback and consolidation. I really had bad timing with that one! lol
    Another 7% UP today!! Those of us waiting for the proverbial 'pullback and consolidation' are being left behind in the dust!!

It wasn't that long ago when I was asking Tom if he considered whether 1740 was a 'good buy'. I can't believe 2800+ !!
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those that don't!!
    Retired on December 31, 2018!!

This looks primed for a cup and handle breakout... unless $3000 is going to be a top?

Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

I buy $1500 a month automatically. If it is all gone tomorrow it is no different then Enron but it could be my Apple. Not interested in hitting the sell button. All the .46008 pieces add up to coins. Ha Good luck

cool. target acquired. search dhs wallet and vacuum digital coin. good as gold. roger that.
    100g

Quote Originally Posted by dhstdog View Post
    I buy $1500 a month automatically. If it is all gone tomorrow it is no different then Enron but it could be my Apple. Not interested in hitting the sell button. All the .46008 pieces add up to coins. Ha Good luck
    That's quite an investment. I only do $50 every other week, but that was after I bought 2 "coins" to start.

That $3000 resistance and pullback gave another opportunity to save a few hundred bucks. I'm actually more interested in Ethereum lately and hope it pulls back more.

Good luck!
    Tom

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

The cryptos are tumbling again. $2440 isn't cheap for bitcoin, but it's $600 of the highs made the other day.
    Tom

Nice technicals...

Tom

Tom,

Just curious, what made you decide to invest in Bitcoin? I'm still trying to learn more about cryptocurrencies in general before I dip my toe in the water. I see the potential here based on what I have read so far.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Nice technicals...

Quote Originally Posted by hotwings View Post
    Tom,

Just curious, what made you decide to invest in Bitcoin? I'm still trying to learn more about cryptocurrencies in general before I dip my toe in the water. I see the potential here based on what I have read so far.

Thanks
    I was first introduced to it several years ago (maybe 2011?) while in a poker tournament, of all things, where the guy next to me was telling me about it. I thought it was interesting but shrugged it off not knowing much about how to get involved.

Then late last year I started to hear more about it and so I did some research and with many videos posted on youtube about how to get started, I bought my first bitcoin in December of last year, and then added another in January. Now I buy a small amount with an automatic buy program every other week.

My thought is, I can invest a couple thousand (at the time I started they were under $1000) and if the lofty predictions were anywhere close to expectations, I could potentially make enough to perhaps double my retirement account if the higher ends are reached in say 10 years. I thought it was worth the big risk that comes with it.
    Tom

Investing legend Bill Miller likes bitcoin

Bill Miller likes Whole Foods deal, plus Valeant and bitcoin

He said it is his fund's largest holding - mostly because of the appreciation it has had - and says he has no plans to sell it yet.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by hotwings View Post
    Tom,

Thanks
    Speaking for me, the clincher was this 5/19/17 39-minute interview (subscription required unfortunately):
    Trace Mayer on Why Bitcoin Is Now More Valuable Than Gold | Cris Sheridan | FINANCIAL SENSE

I said what the heck and bought one BC that evening of 5/19...and soon after 5 Ethereum, and some GBTC in my IRA...just small speculation amounts. They may be entering a long period of consolidation at this point, who knows.

Ah ha!...a quick search and I found Trace Mayer's website with that interview and many more: Bitcoin Knowledge Podcast – Learn about blockchain and fintech | Interviews with top people in Bitcoin, blockchain and fintech Enjoy!

Any problems doing taxes? Especially with TurboTax?
    Thanks!

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast