Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PETITION TO INCREASE # of IFT's

Default Re: PETITION TO INCREASE # of IFT's

Hmm. I never got mine at work. I guess they filtered it out. I thought being on a Government system that would be the quickest way, but I was wrong. I guess the Government doesn't trust email from whitehouse.gov.

I finally got it verified by signing it again with a disposable (SPAM collector) email account.
    Allocations as of COB Dec 28 : 100% S. | Retirement Date:Dec 2025
    Past Returns:
    2020 31.85%,2019 27.97%,2018 -3.36%,2017 13.10%, 2016 -1.79%, 5Yr Avg 12.61%

Signed, still showing only 1 signature.
    Ron Popeil (Set it, and forget it!) wasn't talking about the TSP!

Signed. Got e-mail confirmation this morning...
    "the biggest mistake that traders make is to let these short-term trades turn into longer-term investments when they don’t work." RevShark

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid_Timer View Post
    Russians.....................
    Funny part is that we still think nobody is watching...

Quote Originally Posted by FishSqueezer View Post
    Signed, still showing only 1 signature.
    Mine,too.It showed 1 signed when my husband and I both signed and already confirmed our email.
    Emotions should never play a role in one's investing strategy!
    No to Greed...No to Fear!
    http://share.robinhood.com/mariloc1

Talked to an officer on Thursday at FCI Texarkana. Come to find out the local AFGE President (and Regional V.P.) is a friend of mine. Been a while since I stepped foot in that place. How times change.
    Anyway, I've called and left him a message about getting the IFT link out to his members, locally and regionally, and possibly nation-wide. I'm going to call him again on Monday to see if that's a possibility. The last discussion he and I had was about a month ago at the local Academy. We talked about TSP investing mostly, and I reminded him of TSPTalk. He's big on TSP, and is very active in moving his money around. So, I'm thinking he'll see the importance of increasing monthly IFTs, and should be willing to get the word out to his Union counterparts.
    I'll let everyone know how it goes.

The good news, it updated the count. The bad news...

232 signed
    Oh, well. It ain't gonna happen.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    The good news, it updated the count. The bad news...

Oh, well. It ain't gonna happen.
    i signed as well and forwarded it to friends. Wow.... I thought it would be higher.
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 2-13-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Perhaps the counter is just several days behind because today it jumped to ...

1,719 signed
    Not nearly enough but at least people will no longer think they are the only one signing it.

We still have some work to do... https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...t-savings-plan
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

19. Default Re: PETITION TO INCREASE # of IFT's

This is very good to know that there is a forum! However, I can not believe the low number of support for increasing our ability to move our funds. I've seen scenario's where an everyday guy could make $4000.00 in one single move in 3 or 4 days, right.

I sent the link off to AFGE and a few federal websites and asked them to get the word out. no idea if they will but worth a try.

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Finally was able to contact the local AFGE President. He was familiar with the petition, and with TSPTalk.
    I sent him the link, and asked that he contact his Regional and National reps. to also pass it on. He said he would be happy to. AFGE has over 300,000 dues paying members, and they represent over 670,000 federal employees. All the locals maintain a Facebook page, so the word should get out quickly. Maybe we can reach, or surpass our goal if it gains some traction with the AFGE. I'm going to let it percolate for a few weeks, and then I intend to write the AFGE National President to ask for his support, and possibly have him write the TSP Board.
    Fingers crossed.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast