Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Last Man Standing Football Pool 2016

Default Re: Last Man Standing Football Pool 2016

dang it, i got caught on the wrong side of a mid-season upset, so myself and 8 others players got bounced out last night, one third of the remaining field. on the bright side, week 8 is the deepest i think i've ever made it in this pool over the years so at least i'm improving and have more room to the upside next year. good luck to the 15 players still left in it.
    100g

A road dog on Monday night did you in. Mental note.

See ya next year!
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

I'm out. Green Bay ;swear
    Tom

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Sad to see you go Tom! But ...at least we get to still play poker with you! So....I wonder if any of the Football fans might want to join the poker games??
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 2-13-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Good idea. Poker, anyone?

TSP Poker Club
    Tom

Just an observation about fairness of auto-picks.

We started with 103 players. Now only 13 folks are left. Of these, 3 won with the Ravens on Thursday and 10 are now at risk.

However, 5 of the 10 have not really been playing the game. 4 have allowed the system to auto pick their weekly team for 8 of the past 9 games and 1player has allowed an auto pick for all 9 games. They are not actively picking winning teams. Did they forget they were in the game?

It would be unfair for any of these 5 people to beat those who have actively picked teams each week. In looking at the results, its clear that the 90 persons that got knocked out during the past 9 weeks made great efforts to play; as they rarely, if ever, failed to select their teams. They were actively playing!!!

I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously, but I believe we should consider making a rule to limit auto picks to 1 or 2 for the entire 17-week season for next year.

If the "RunYourPool" system does not provide for such a limit, maybe consider making a disqualification rule in our TSP Thread as terms of official win. Any thoughts on this??? I know this is Tom's game, but seems like some folks could be gaming the system???
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 2-13-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Interesting. That makes this year a little unique. Normally the auto-picks are gone within a few weeks because the biggest favorite of the week loses. We've had some close calls, like Miami vs. Cleveland in week 3, that would have wiped out all of the auto-picks if Cleveland didn't blow that game.

But having the autopicks, these players are running out of the top quality teams, while those who used some strategy to wait on them, still have have them in their arsenal. This week's autopick is San Diego as a +3.5 point favorite (because N.E. and Ariz. have already been used), so good luck to them. It should be a close game.
    Tom

I was considering Redskins over Vikings, because Vikings are not playing so well lately. What happened week before last week with Vikings losing to the bears??? I knw they dont have much of a running game, but still...they did win their first 5 games this season and a win over Green Bay....

For this week, I decided to go with Chargers (home) over Dolphins, but I think it will be a close game.

I still have Cowboys, Raiders, Falcons in my arsenal and they are all ranked in top 5. But this week, Raiders are on a bi-week, Falcons play away from home against Eagles and Cowboys play Pittsburg (home field advantage) so .... Going with Chargers! Makes me feel better to think the autopick has them at 3.5 but that is still too close for comfort.

So I guess if I get kicked out this week, oh well.. I've done better than I thought I would this year!

Thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamboatAnnie View Post
    I was considering Redskins over Vikings, because Vikings are not playing so well lately. What happened week before last week with Vikings losing to the bears??? I knw they dont have much of a running game, but still...they did win their first 5 games this season and a win over Green Bay....

For this week, I decided to go with Chargers (home) over Dolphins, but I think it will be a close game.

I still have Cowboys, Raiders, Falcons in my arsenal and they are all ranked in top 5. But this week, Raiders are on a bi-week, Falcons play away from home against Eagles and Cowboys play Pittsburg (home field advantage) so .... Going with Chargers! Makes me feel better to think the autopick has them at 3.5 but that is still too close for comfort.

So I guess if I get kicked out this week, oh well.. I've done better than I thought I would this year!
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    But having the autopicks, these players are running out of the top quality teams, while those who used some strategy to wait on them, still have have them in their arsenal. This week's autopick is San Diego as a +3.5 point favorite (because N.E. and Ariz. have already been used), so good luck to them. It should be a close game.
    And the autopicks are out. They made it to week 10, which is a pretty good run for the autopicks, but not really typical.

Down to 6 still standing.

BogiePutt
    Compton College
    jdg2016
    MrBowl
    Robvegas
    WhoDey
    Tom

No one out yet. 4 moving on to week 11 with wins on Sunday. Two others still have Oakland pending tonight.
    Tom

if i was a nfl referee in mexico and had a dog, i would name it el spoto.
    100g

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast