Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: alevin's account talk

Default Re: alevin's account talk

I too would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I am sure your glass will be full before you know it. Hang in there.

Alevin, prayers for you and your family in these difficult times. Thank you for sharing and good luck!
    -RMI

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    Rules:
    - Trade what you see, not what you believe
    - Don't put stuff in your signature that a Mod doesn't like

"Government exists to protect all people’s rights, not some people’s feelings." - A. Barton Hinkle

Great Tools:
    http://www.CreditKarma.com
    http://www.Mint.com
    http://www.SaveUp.com/r/nmJ

I appreciate the prayers and warm thoughts, Fog, jp, rmi. thank you all. I'm focusing on home life/selfcare today, housebound with steady rain. will call brother and wife tonight, am certain they are fully occupied during daylight hours with preparations for the move to yet another local-area rental by end of the month, to the extent they have energy and strength. generally check in on the parents by phone on Sundays. not easy when we are spread from coast to coast to do more than that. 3 more years to retirement date and more time flexibility for being with family, tho I could bail end of this year if it became necessary.
    "life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" - soren kierkegaard

Hope things get better for your family1 Will certainly add them to our prayer list. My mother-in-law just had a back procedure to repair her L-2 vertebrae by using a needle procedure to restore height of the vertebrae and filling the space with bone cement. Doesn't always work but was miraculous for my MIL. Pain was greatly reduced! Out-patient procedure.

awesome, Scout! techniques advancing. my mom didn't describe how they actually fixed her disk, if she knows. I'll have to ask for more detail. she is definitely doing better at this point.
    "life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" - soren kierkegaard

Alevin, So sad to hear about what has happened to your brother and sister-in-law. I will pray for you and your family. I also hope your mom's surgery was effective and that she will recover well. Keep up the faith and strength for your family. Hoping things get better. Wishing you many blessings and peace.
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 2-13-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Time to post something in my thread, finally have something sort of positive to say. Nothing improved with sibling situation, still barely working, not quite unemployed but almost. can't draw unemployment, no success finding another job that pays what he needs for basic barebones handtomouth living expenses. If family wasn't helping, they'd be homeless and starving, would have been months ago without family help. despite having been gainfully employed his entire adult life, 23 enlisted years in the Navy, post-Navy as big truck diesel mechanic. divorce, child support-nothing left from his pension for him to live on. literally nothing. ex has claimed it all on behalf of remaining child still at home, 4 more long years til the son graduates high school. no recourse at law. no financial resources to fight back. And no the guy that attacked and nearly beat him to death with iron bar a couple months ago-has not been apprehended. local law has no idea where to start. small mountain town, northern VA, lower-middle/middle- middle class economy, formerly thought to be a safe community. no more, never safe again.

Meanwhile, two positives: 1) my mom's out-patient day-surgery on her spine went pretty well, not perfect but far more liveable in terms of pain and mobility at age 83. 2) Charts I watch say I might get a chance to wade into this beast of a market not too long from now. not moving til I see whites of its eyes.

This is the early warning chart 5max10ma. I'm waiting til the 10ma x 20 ma looks similar, drops to at least -1 std dev. If the 5-10 ma chart drops to -3 or -4 std deviation first, I'll wait until the 10-20ma looks similar to that, ie drops to -2 sd. second chart shows why' I'm willing to wait for it. based on last August and January index behavior both, I would be putting it in a chunk at a time, not all at once.

sp500-3y 5-10ma 6-27-16.png

sp500 3y 10-20ma 6-27-16.png

Alevin, hopefully your sibling's status will get better.
    Wishing for your mom's speedy recovery.
    Emotions should never play a role in one's investing strategy!
    No to Greed...No to Fear!
    http://share.robinhood.com/mariloc1

Sad to hear the bad news, hopefully better times lay ahead.
    50% S, 50% C 06 Mar, was 100% G; 80% S 20% C COB 08 Jan '24; 100% G COB 14 Nov; was 100% C COB 31 Oct (Boo!); was 100% G COB 12 Oct; was 50% C, 50% S COB 22 Jun; Life is good!

Alevin,

Sorry to hear about your brother, hope everything gets better for him soon. I am happy to hear that your mother is recovering well.
    You are in my prayers, God bless!!
    B

nothing new on the family front, wish I could say differently. Meanwhile, chart pattern I watch for good entry point. longtime coming but its getting closer by the day. something cautionary for all those currently in CSI to consider:

sp500-3y 10-20ma 7-21-16.png

Alevin, if you don't mind, a short explanation on interpreting this chart and pattern indicating an entry point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, WS
    50% S, 50% C 06 Mar, was 100% G; 80% S 20% C COB 08 Jan '24; 100% G COB 14 Nov; was 100% C COB 31 Oct (Boo!); was 100% G COB 12 Oct; was 50% C, 50% S COB 22 Jun; Life is good!

Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast