Page 123 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,465 to 1,476 of 2606

Thread: TSP Poker Club

Default Re: TSP Poker Club

Quote Originally Posted by jpcavin View Post
    Shouldn't you redistribute his points?
    Good idea, I'll distribute them evenly based on effort put into the spreadsheet
    Check out the TSP Poker Club stats: https://goo.gl/cUv6Yj
    Come join the fun: http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/the-lounge...oker-club.html

Quote Originally Posted by k0nkuzh0n View Post
    Good idea, I'll distribute them evenly based on effort put into the spreadsheet
    i don't want any of them. i already got enough.
    100g

Quote Originally Posted by k0nkuzh0n View Post
    There you go winter! You've moved up a spot now
    Wow, that was waaaaayy too easy. I want to earn my way up the rankings. watch out new season, that brandnew shiny car with no transmission and no brakes may end up stuck somewhere the driver doesn't want to be. play the player, not the cards. I'm learning both angles. Hmm, I think prior to the recent spreadsheet adjustment, I'd been KO'd by all but 2 others, and had KO'd all but 3 at one time or another, just not too many repeats. I say again, this player is moving out of first gear, beep beep!
    "life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" - soren kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    Wow, that was waaaaayy too easy. I want to earn my way up the rankings. watch out new season, that brandnew shiny car with no transmission and no brakes may end up stuck somewhere the driver doesn't want to be. play the player, not the cards. I'm learning both angles. Hmm, I think prior to the recent spreadsheet adjustment, I'd been KO'd by all but 2 others, and had KO'd all but 3 at one time or another, just not too many repeats. I say again, this player is moving out of first gear, beep beep!
    it ain't just about the cards or the players, some drivers don't mind ending up in the ditch if the ride was good. been in the ditch from the start, it is all about what one is comfortable losing. when you have nothing, it is difficult to make a person fear losing something.

that right there is actually the secret to poker. once you sit down those chips ain't yours unless you can stand up with them. it's like the law of the jungle or something, but without all the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    100g

now that was a lesson I learned long ago from the gf of one of my housemates. She was a blackjack dealer in NV, earned money for school that way. She told me how she'd save all her $20 tips and felt free to play with the smaller bills, that's how she set her limits. When I moved to NV and would play a slot machine at the hotel to kill some time when away overnight solo, no coworkers to talk with over dinner or drinks, I gave myself permission to lose $5-7 worth of nickels. when they were gone, I went back to my room to watch the tube til I turned it off. purely kill-some-time entertainment, no expectations of winning, or even getting back what I put in the slot.

Now this game-it actually requires some brain power, much more fun. I'm enjoying this much more than the odd evening a couple times a year feeding slots back when. and the all or nothing dopamine rush is kinda fun too, when I think I got it, and also those times when I figure I'm a goner already, might as well get it over with. pleasant surprise comes my way at times when the goner ends up not gone after all.
    "life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" - soren kierkegaard

there you go, that's the spirit. swingin' out wide with the hammer down.

if you see the hole shot you got to take it, it's the only way to the roses.
    100g

Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    there you go, that's the spirit. swingin' out wide with the hammer down.if you see the hole shot you got to take it, it's the only way to the roses.
    Thanks for that video. If only some of those guys knew what those cars would be worth now if not beat up too bad and they saved the interior in the barn. Racing 59 T Birds?

PO

Hey PO! Nice to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. I had a friend in high school who had a yellow 57 T-Bird convertible. Beautiful car. I had a 63 Fairlane with cherry bombs at the time. Good memories. Can you believe this heat PO. 8 Days already in excess of 110. We'll have our 15 day average later this week. Glad when it cools back down to less than 110.

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

my biggest difficulty at poker has nothing to do with cards or players or style. it is bankroll management that kills me everytime, it is a side effect of being a perpetual optimist. you can google "bankroll management" all you want but it means nothing reading about it if you can't do it. it usually goes something like this...

so i start with 1k free chips and then build it up to 3k chips. and i do really good at those 3k games for a while until i am totally chipped up and walking tall with a big stick like gary busey, six figures tall. this is when the trouble always starts.

so i go play a 6k buyin game and some frikkin jerkwad calls my ace king suited with jack king off. no problem, perfect. then he frikkin hits a goldam jack on the river and i get really ticked off. so naturally i go play a 12k game to get my chips back. and it happens again! so then i get more even really ticked off. after a few games of that it is clear i must go play the 20k games to make my chipstack back which is where i really belong anyways. and some cork soaker does it again!

then i go bust. and start all over. but you can learn some really good lessons this way i think.
    100g

Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    my biggest difficulty at poker has nothing to do with cards or players or style. it is bankroll management that kills me everytime, it is a side effect of being a perpetual optimist. you can google "bankroll management" all you want but it means nothing reading about it if you can't do it. it usually goes something like this...

so i start with 1k free chips and then build it up to 3k chips. and i do really good at those 3k games for a while until i am totally chipped up and walking tall with a big stick like gary busey, six figures tall. this is when the trouble always starts.

so i go play a 6k buyin game and some frikkin jerkwad calls my ace king suited with jack king off. no problem, perfect. then he frikkin hits a goldam jack on the river and i get really ticked off. so naturally i go play a 12k game to get my chips back. and it happens again! so then i get more even really ticked off. after a few games of that it is clear i must go play the 20k games to make my chipstack back which is where i really belong anyways. and some cork soaker does it again!

then i go bust. and start all over. but you can learn some really good lessons this way i think.
    Yep. Don't play with real money. TSP Poker Club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Shield Maiden and I are off on our mid-west adventure later today. I'll probably miss the next 2 or 3 Poker games or so but I'm now in the hunt for some homebrew Kentucky Rye to enhance the Batcave. I'll send a picture once I've had the opportunity to select the magic elixir. We'll head up through Mesa Verde and Durango, then down to Window Rock to Gallup across Texas to Dallas/Ft Worth then up to Tulsa followed by a visit to Eureka Springs, AR; then into Tennessee and Kentucky before we head back. I'm bringing an extra bottle of Aleve.

I'll have my Galaxy Tab with me so I'll check in from time to time.

Don't plan to jump back in the market until SPX dips to 2000. See you all later!!!

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Quote Originally Posted by FogSailing View Post
    Looks like Shield Maiden and I are off on our mid-west adventure later today. I'll probably miss the next 2 or 3 Poker games or so but I'm now in the hunt for some homebrew Kentucky Rye to enhance the Batcave. I'll send a picture once I've had the opportunity to select the magic elixir. We'll head up through Mesa Verde and Durango, then down to Window Rock to Gallup across Texas to Dallas/Ft Worth then up to Tulsa followed by a visit to Eureka Springs, AR; then into Tennessee and Kentucky before we head back. I'm bringing an extra bottle of Aleve.

I'll have my Galaxy Tab with me so I'll check in from time to time.

Don't plan to jump back in the market until SPX dips to 2000. See you all later!!!

FS
    safe travels and happy trails my friend. come back shane.
    100g

Page 123 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast