Page 76 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: TSP Poker Club

Default Re: TSP Poker Club

Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    alevin, please do not shut down the power system for the entire world. at least not until after the poker game tonight.
    LOL, much better, b. I for one, take care of my bills, have my priorities straight on that one. sounds like your priorities are a little more mixed up than mine. power down, turn off the wifi, wait a few, turn wifi back on, power back up. works every time. durr, why didn't I think of that myself. Costner, I always have liked that cleancut boy next door kind of boyish charm, and the storylines in his films as well.
    "life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" - soren kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    I always have liked that cleancut boy next door kind of boyish charm, and the storylines in his films as well.
    personally, i have always like the storylines on baywatch. right....

some of us mean what we say. others like to mix it up a bit.
    "life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" - soren kierkegaard

another very good game tonight. the skill level across the board improves every time. that one took over two hours.

i am glad i got lucky, a lot.

Sorry I missed it. I planned on playing but had some people come over.
    Last edited by tsptalk; 04-17-2016 at 10:59 PM. Reason: sp
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

winter showed substantial improvement tonight. got lucky a lot as well.

Blog Entries

k0n, after you left, the places and ko's were:

1. stu
    2. q ko'd by stu
    3. winter ko'd by q
    4. cuda ko'd by winter
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Looks like I haven't been able to bring my a-game to the table as of late. Half the time I'm walking around the house with laptop in hand, multi-tasking.
    At times it seems pointless to play but temptation always seems to get the best of me. Glad I could at least make a minor contribution with my free chips. There will be more next week. Enjoy!

I definitely wasn't getting the cards last night. I had played Poker Stars earlier and won the day with 8 folks at the table. Thought I was loaded for Bear....ended I was full of BULL..

But that's not the point. Win or lose I look forward to AND enjoy playing the game with all of you.

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Blog Entries

I recently noticed a strong correlation between how folks play poker, and their personalities. I also believe there is a strong correlation between poker skill, and trading skill. So I looked it up:

Interestingly, trading firms recruit good poker players!

https://www.google.com/#q=trading+hires+poker+players
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    I recently noticed a strong correlation between how folks play poker, and their personalities. I also believe there is a strong correlation between poker skill, and trading skill.
    you just recently noticed? pffft, i thought everybody knew that as an obvious matter of fact. how come do you think i can wax you guys at the table and basically moonwalk up and down the felt smooth as honey butter? because i have been studying your personalities and trading styles for years, it is one of my special talents. and you'll notice i'm a pretty good trader too.

i try to go easy on you mostly because i learned a long time ago if i win every time, pretty soon nobody wants to play with me anymore, so i'm cool with hanging out in 2nd to 4th place, and only go for the kill once in a while if i am feeling sad for a pick-me-up or if you guys get a little too uppity.

Quote Originally Posted by FogSailing View Post
    I definitely wasn't getting the cards last night. I had played Poker Stars earlier and won the day with 8 folks at the table. Thought I was loaded for Bear....ended I was full of BULL..

But that's not the point. Win or lose I look forward to AND enjoy playing the game with all of you.

FS
    you done good kid. the skill level being played at the tsptalk poker club is far beyond the low to mid range free money tables for sure. if real money poker is a consideration and was legal, i am sure nearly every one of us could wax the $10 to $25 buyin sit-n-go's predictably and pull $100-$200 net winnings in a few hours per night. that is a key part of my retirement extra income planning when i no longer work for the gov.

Page 76 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast