Thread: Sensei's account talk

Default Re: Sensei's account talk

Ya

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fran1775 View Post
    Ya

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Staying in for one more day to get the last bit of crumbs...then exiting. Hopefully this Dead Cat Bounce will last thru Wednesday. If we get a 600+ plus rally today on the DOW...then looking for selloff Wednesday. Too many folks lost money and will be looking to ball out any chance they get. I hate this market setup...if feels like a huge trap to lure more investors into a massacre. Ugh.

Oh and one more thing...there is an outside chance that this rally will fail later this afternoon. Setting up a very bloody Wednesday. I only give it about 30 percent. It would take some negative news story this afternoon to make that happen. So...I'm not banking on that.

Part of me wanted to sell at the end of last week, but I can't get over my obsession of starting the month in stocks. Due to the IFT limitations, you know? So I'm hanging on for another week. Friday and Monday were kind of headfake days - which way do we go? I think Tuesday will be a bigger day, lending some clarification. If I'm on the right side, great. If not, sticky pants.

You are going to need sticky pants and diapers Sensei. Looks like China, Shanghai, and a hoard of other economies are going down the tube. The real stickler is that China is selling US Bonds in large rather shocking numbers. I believe a ways down the road its going to lead to a housing crash, higher inflation, and sooner than later QE4. We are looking at another recession for the USA coming in the near future. Looks to me like the US market will continue to unwind. Therefore....keep safe and maybe play the market on rebounds. Volatility looks like a term we will be using from here on out. When volatility gets really bad...large 401K losses will eventually happen and of course that will only lead to continued selling off. That 1000 point Dow loss...well better get used to that...we will see more of those. Friends definitely don't let friends buy and hold in recessions/bear markets.

Oh man, tsp.gov showed me with a -1.17% return last year. And I've lost even more since 2016 began. What's up with the world? Everything sucks. Stocks, oil, precious metals, etc. I guess I'll just go away for a few more months, and maybe everything will be rosy in the springtime.

Someone messed up the World Economy and she's just starting to feel the pain. I hope you're doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Oh man, tsp.gov showed me with a -1.17% return last year. And I've lost even more since 2016 began. What's up with the world? Everything sucks. Stocks, oil, precious metals, etc. I guess I'll just go away for a few more months, and maybe everything will be rosy in the springtime.
    Nah, this is another election year where the previous two term president can't run again. Let's see -- the last time that happened was 2008. Yeah, that's about right. We're ready for another big let down. Check out the January 2008 returns. They are about where we are now. Looks like the pattern is repeating.

Date G Fund F Fund C Fund S Fund I Fund
    Jan-08 0.33% 1.76% (5.98%) (6.27%) (8.52%)
    Allocations as of COB Dec 28 : 100% S. | Retirement Date:Dec 2025
    Past Returns:
    2020 31.85%,2019 27.97%,2018 -3.36%,2017 13.10%, 2016 -1.79%, 5Yr Avg 12.61%

How's everything going, TSPtalkers? I've turned my back on finances, and haven't made any good moves recently. TSP.gov shows me with a PSP of -13%. OUCH! Trying to be patient with a premium. Will hold the course. Systems take time, or so I've been told.

Life is good though. For those of you who remember me, I forayed into the world of running. Back in December 2015, I ran the Naha Marathon, which is the biggest running event in Okinawa. 30,000+ people. I finished in 3:57 - a personal best, but I had to stop and limp a couple times along the way, and felt like death at the end. I decided it wasn't really fun anymore, and that maybe I was beginning the down-slope of my physical abilities (I am one month shy of 41 now). However, I had already registered for the Okinawa Marathon - which takes place in February. At first I thought I'd just run that slowly, eating and drinking all that was offered along the way. But a fire burned within. I wanted to get better somehow. So I decided to stop eating junk food. For 6 weeks, I ate all the same meals as usual, but cut out all chips, cookies, donuts, ice cream. I lost 8-10 lbs. The day of the race, I started running faster than my usual pace, and just kept going. I never hit any kind of wall, my face held a perma-smile, and I crossed the finish line in 3:29:53. 277th place. It's crazy to think I could drop my time by 27 minutes in just 2 months!

So, I continue to run. Actually, I'm shifting to triathlon training for the spring and summer. It's fun again, and as long as I stay healthy and am able to work, I can cover my butt for my poor financial decisions.

Glico & Me.jpg

Awesome dude and congrats on that marathon time! I did the Honolulu one back in 2009 and was happy with my 4:10 time lol. I have no drive to do it again, it was on the bucket list

Great to see you back! And yeah I think majority of the people this year aren't doing so great investing wise, the markets haven't been kind to us lately. My TSP acct took a 5-6% hit before i got in the F fund, I'm kinda parked there until the charts show me something more favorable. Sitting on cash in my brokerage acct, I don't trust this rally because of how some long-term charts are looking (I have a more long-term bias)

Good to hear you're doing well. The Runnin' Man should be your Avatar! Come back and see us more often.

26.22 miles, no wall. boom!

are you still running for your wife?

outstanding.

Great to hear from you again, Sensei! Congrats and hope the Mrs. is doing well. Keep us posted.

Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 LastLast