Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Kave's Account Talk

Default Re: Kave's Account Talk

nice work as always kave.

speaking of finishes, i was just thinking the other day what i should treat that ecig box you made for me with? i have occasionally wiped it down with a wet cloth to clean and dust it off, but shouldn't i be putting something like a wood oil on it from time to time to keep it in good shape? what do you recommend?
    100g

Thank you Burrocrat! Your vape box was finished with a mixture of poly, boiled linseed oil, & mineral spirits 1:1:1 ratio (3 coats). The finish should last a lifetime. I would use a furniture polish occassionally instead of a damp cloth. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    I'm sure she will love that Rocking Horse, a classic.
    Thank you nnuut!

Hey I made these last week. Two of the Coasters are Pine the rest of it is Red Oak, ran out of Red Oak!! Stained and Polyurethane.
    Coasters.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    Hey I made these last week. Two of the Coasters are Pine the rest of it is Red Oak, ran out of Red Oak!! Stained and Polyurethane.
    Coasters.jpg

nnuut,

I like'em!! Always need a good coaster for a Kold Delicious Beverage!!

Quote Originally Posted by kave View Post
    My granddaughter turns 1 year old on September 2nd. She’s gets the best of these. I finished them with a mix of ½ polyurethane & ½ acetone.

Attachment 34767

Attachment 34768
    Kave, Those are beautiful rocking horses! I'm sure your granddaughter is going to have lots of fun!! Nice work!
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 2-13-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Thank you DB Annie!

IFT executed actually COB Friday to L2020 Fund. The L2020 current fund breakdown is G - 44% F - 5.6% C 27% S - 8% I - 15%

I wanted a mix with a good % in G Fund so instead of mixing it myself I just chose an off-the-shelf product.
    Last edited by kave; 08-31-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Kave is ALL IN The pucker factor is affecting my ability to blink ! IFT executed effective COB today C Fund 35% S Fund 35% I Fund 30%. C'mon Janet!!!

Ok, I can honestly say, "I know Nothing About How the Stock Market Works and Marketing Strategy". Remember about 6 weeks ago the market tumbled due to "The Suggestion" that the Fed would raise Interest Rastes????

Well in my neanderthal thinking recently I went All In because I didn't think Janet would not pull up that skirt and give us a rate hike. Well,,,, she didn't and guess what the Bears have bit ole Kave in the A**. I just don't get it.

IFT initiated effective COB 100% to G Fund.

Ok I haven't posted in a long time. I've made a couple moves recently but didn't post. But I've decided to post today the TSP move I recently made.

Full Disclosure: "2015 was a bust for me market wise." I realize I'm not sitting on that lily pad all by myself but my situation may be different from others perched there along side me.

As of yesterday, I am 50 Mondays from retirement. I have computed retirement and run too many TSP scenarios to count. As of the beginning of 2016, I am just over the minimum TSP balance I need in order to take home my current salary into retirement. As for me and my house, we have decided to not make any moves (market, budget or otherwise) that would result in delaying my effective retirement date of 12/31/2016. So I have decided to play it safe and as of COB yesterday moved my TSP to the L 2020. I realize I could G Fund it or L Income Fund it but I've decided this is the best move for me & my house. I'm not smart enough to figure this stuff out, 2015 proved me that! I will continue to monitor the TSPTalk Forum and may occasionally post to a thread but I'm off the roller coaster. This market is mucho loco man!

Good luck to All!!
    Kave-Away

Keep in touch Kave, we like you!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast