Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: FogSailing's Account Talk

Default Re: FogSailing's Account Talk

I agree Amoeba. While it appears oil prices are very low, if Iran starts pumping and exporting, Saudia matches and increases production as does Russia...all I see is a glut until they figure out how to work together. Of course, if Russia bombs ISIS oilfields or accidently hits Turkey, or a Yemini missle hits a Saudia Arabian oilfield, or better yet, a breakthrough in technology makes oil no longer the key player (there is some serious research being performed on other energy alternatives), things will begin to change...but all those are fru-fru hypotheticals. Right now, I see oil prices decreasing at least for several months into the future. So, while the bull market is still alive, oil's situation isn't allowing the market to buoy to new highs, at least not yet. Not only that but some of the big guys like Apple are holding the SPX up. If it has a bad day, everyone catches cold. However, I do think we will likely see a new ATH before we have a massive correction.

This week I expect a leg up for the markets, perhaps as high as 2082 followed by a pullback to perhaps as low as 1920 (some more bearish say 1870). If it were to fall lower than 1900, we are probably in a Bear market. If it stays above 1950-1920, I see it moving up as high as 2145 in a 5 impulse wave up. I have no idea how long that 5 wave will take to get there. Once completed this bull market is likely over. Then we play the corrective rallies for the next 18 months to 2 years and we must be very very careful.

Without the ability to place STOPS on our IFTs we are simply at the mercy of a NON warm and friendly market.

All the best in 2016.

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

And don't forget we are EXPORTING American Crude for the first time in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by FogSailing View Post
    An interesting read about gold, and international intrigue. It includes a host of shady characters and makes you wonder if law enforcement and intelligence services know about this stuff, or if they are just ostriches with our heads in the sand. It would make a great movie about how the bad guys are winning.

On The Trail Of Dubai's Stolen Gold: A Robbed Client Breaks The Silence, And A Fascinating Detail Emerges | Zero Hedge

FS
    interesting article there fs. that is why i will never buy paper gold or own gold stored in some warehouse. i don't really have that problem though because i can't afford gold.

but the same rules apply to silver. except i can't even hold on to physical silver either. i used to have over two pounds of tsptalk silver but i chopped some into pieces to make sure it was real. i used about half to pay a debt. i gave a bunch of coins away. now i have less than a pound. oh well, easy come easy go. at least i enjoyed it and every ounce was worth the pleasure or goods it brought me.

life is a strange thing. i am glad i am not nor ever will be rich.
    100g

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal"

Quote Originally Posted by Lakebound View Post
    "But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal"
    oh thank god, because i'm barely going to fit through that eye of the needle thing, don't need a pocket full of gold hangin me up.
    100g

I hear you Burro. BTW...that was a nice Excel spreadsheet you put together on earnings, I hope you put that somewhere on the Forum in Tools area. I know I'd enjoy having a better way to manage returns.

I finished negative for the year...about 3% negative. First time that's happened since 2008 when I lost 24% as a buy and holder....that was months after I retired...Dude, that was one bummer period of my life. Saved for 20 years and lost a quarter of that so fast I didn't even see it being flushed down the drain. I remember the "wonder" of a buy and hold world before the big melt down.

As for being rich, I think guys like us are rich because... I'm retired, I have a wonderful wife of 42 years (Swedish Shield Maiden), a great son, and a fun loving Polish\Swedish family, on and on...I like money but only for its utility value.

So today, I'm happy to just percolate along and make a few sheckles here and there. I've always done this on my own and have discovered I actually have developed my own methods over the years. The problem is there isn't enough time to check all the checks that need checking...so I do the best I can with indicators. I was doing fine until November and December when the bull in me was gutted by a market that "beared" it's fangs...and to have the volatility during the holidays...sheesh. In the past, I would have stayed out of the market but this year I decided to experiment and see how much tenacity I had to stay in. I did fine and could have stayed in longer but there is a point where you have to allow your intelligence to overcome stubbornness. The stubborn part wanted to stay in because it hates to lose money...oh well..

Best of You to Burro and the Arkers as we head into 2016!! That quite an interesting crew you have there...

FS
    FogSailing

Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    interesting article there fs. that is why i will never buy paper gold or own gold stored in some warehouse. i don't really have that problem though because i can't afford gold.

but the same rules apply to silver. except i can't even hold on to physical silver either. i used to have over two pounds of tsptalk silver but i chopped some into pieces to make sure it was real. i used about half to pay a debt. i gave a bunch of coins away. now i have less than a pound. oh well, easy come easy go. at least i enjoyed it and every ounce was worth the pleasure or goods it brought me.

life is a strange thing. i am glad i am not nor ever will be rich.

I never wanted to be rich, just comfortable! I have done that, but things can change we can be robbed by the government and it's happening every day!

FS - Wrapping up a fun weekend in your fair city this evening, capped off by the surprisingly easy win by the Hawks over Phoenix. I wonder if the Cardinals were just holding out for the playoffs, just like Green Bay appears to be doing this evening. We were down low on the 47-yard line, and there were more Hawk fans than Arizona fans in our section....great time! (for Seahawk fans anyway)

Futures are down, not a good start to 2016.

Thought this study was interesting, apparently most people don't pay attention to the 4% rule once they start withdrawing....

https://www.ebri.org/pdf/notespdf/No...IRAs.Final.pdf

In my case yer right, I'm taking around 8% but I can make it up playing the Market,HA HA!

Well...just had my coffee and reading the news:

Wall Street finds comfort in China trade data - Yahoo Finance

It used to be that when I read good news I would smile and feel comfortable that the markets were going to make a little money for me. I don't have the same feeling anymore. As soon as I see good news I feel like I'm being set up for a big down. So much has changed since the 2008-2009 meltdown.

Trying to decide whether to stay in or bail. The bulls and the bears both say they are right (bulls say a drop to 1901 then up to 2020-2040, the bears say a drop to a new low first before the bounce). Either way, both are saying down or sideways before up so I'm conflicted with only one IFT left for the month. Must decide by 10am.

All the best to each of you in 2016. I think I should change my 2016 motto to "Shoot a bear, ride a bull!"

FS
    FogSailing

Like I thought this morning, when they start the day off with Good News BEWARE! If SPX does not close over 1901, I think the market continues down to the 1867 pivot. At that point there will be a rally, but whether impulsive or corrective will be the question.

Here's an article worth perusing in your spare time..

JPM's "Gandalf" Quant Is Back With A Startling Warning | Zero Hedge

FS
    Last edited by FogSailing; 01-13-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    FogSailing

This is a comment from a solid analyst with 30 years of market experience I follow. Just FYI for your consideration if you are thinking of jumping in right now.

"SPX did 5 waves down from yesterday’s high to this morning’s low. It’s now doing a corrective move higher. The overall trend is still down. I am almost convinced now with today’s drop that this is the long drawn out C wave of Primary 4. In my opinion, it’s too deep to be a major 4 of P3 or major 2 of P5 which are the major alternate counts of other EW sites …IF the market goes below the Aug lows. That would be a 15%+ correction, which is right in line with the 2011 P2 correction. I’m looking forward to a P5 rally once this P4 is done and then preparing for a blood bath once P5 is done."

I am taking that as we have some further downside before the bottom of P4, perhaps to SPX 1750 which equates to $25 a barrel oil. No idea what happens to get us there. Maybe China concerns or the Fed? Iran is a known so it must already be priced in. So my guess is that anywhere from 1867 to 1750 is probably the likely area for a market turnaround.

Again just some fodder.

FS
    FogSailing

Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast