Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: userque & NUGT/DUST

Blog Entries

Default Re: userque & NUGT/DUST

07-17-15 DUST AT OPEN

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    DISCLAIMER: Userque's trading signals are not affiliated with TSP Talk or Buy Low Sell High, Inc. The information is for educational purposes only! The information is not advice or recommendations. Userque does not give investment advice. Do not act on this data. Do not buy, sell or trade any stocks, ETF's, indices, funds, or any other instruments/vehicles based on this information. Userque may trade differently than discussed or posted in this forum.
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Blog Entries

07-17-15 NO CHANGE AT CLOSE

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    DISCLAIMER: Userque's trading signals are not affiliated with TSP Talk or Buy Low Sell High, Inc. The information is for educational purposes only! The information is not advice or recommendations. Userque does not give investment advice. Do not act on this data. Do not buy, sell or trade any stocks, ETF's, indices, funds, or any other instruments/vehicles based on this information. Userque may trade differently than discussed or posted in this forum.
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Blog Entries

07-20-15 OPEN:
    DAY TRADE TZA

This means that the system will buy TZA at the OPEN on 7-20. (If the system held TNA prior, it would also sell that position at the OPEN.) "DAY TRADE" means that this signal is from the daytrading model. The daytrading model trades most frequently.

* When any signal is posted, you can assume that all other unposted etf's are in a NO CHANGE status for the OPEN and the CLOSE for that day.

Blog Entries

A.I. SYSTEM PROGRESS REPORT

Old engine was struggling. Built new one. The new engine is my custom Pattern Recognition Machine (PRM). Once again, it can only be backtested on a limited bases. PRM is much faster than the old engine. Therefore, I can do an experiment:

The Mother of All TSPTalk experiments, imo

I will generate signals from the:

Day Trading NUGT/DUST model
    Swing Trading NUGT/DUST model
    Day Trading TNA/TZA model
    Swing Trading TNA/TZA model

I will track the results as I've done previously. My goal is to determine which model is most profitable. I will still be trading NUGT/DUST in my personal account, but not TNA/TZA.

The swing trading models are designed to trade less frequently than the day trading models, but in volatile markets, they can still reverse course on a dime.

For comparison purposes, I will start a new log for the day trading NUGT/DUST model, but I will also maintain the old one.

Signals for both the OPEN and CLOSE will be given at the same time.

Blog Entries

SPREADSHEET UPDATE:
    0717152250.png

Blog Entries

GRAPH UPDATE:
    0717152251.png

Blog Entries

07-20-15

DAY TRADE(S) AT OPEN
    TZA (Enter TZA at open and exit TNA at open)
    DUST (Enter DUST at open and exit NUGT at open)
    ----------------------------
    SWING TRADE(S) AT OPEN
    TZA "
    DUST "
    =================================

DAY TRADE(S) AT CLOSE
    NC (No Change)
    ----------------------------
    SWING TRADE(S) AT CLOSE
    NC "

I am testing four models: A model that day trades NUGT/DUST; A model that swing trades NUGT/DUST; A model that day trades TNA/TZA; and a model that swing trades TNA/TZA.

They will trade at either the OPEN or the CLOSE.

Just as before, entering a position means exiting the previous position.

I will trade in my personal account whichever model is currently doing best. Right now, I am still following the NUGT/DUST day trading model.

As stated prior, I've built a new trading engine. This engine must be calibrated daily until is "stabilizes." (Even after that, I'll still calibrate it.) Stabilization can take up to a couple of weeks; even so, I'm good with trading it right now.

[For the curious, "stabilization" is what I call short term back-testing/forward-testing in order to optimize engine parameters.]

This experiment hopes to answer some questions I've had for a long time: Which is "better," NUGT/DUST or TNA/TZA? Which is "better," Swing trading or Day trading?

I like your plan to add TNA/TZA to your program. I made some good trades with them last year. NUGT/DUST have not been my friends so far. I'm with RMI and decided to stop giving my money to Schwab, besides its hard for me to day trade because of my time zone and work schedule. I'll be more of an active trader next year and stick to learning this year. Again, thanks for your posts.

Blog Entries

CORRECTED:

07-20-15

DAY TRADE(S) AT OPEN
    TNA
    DUST

SWING TRADE(S) AT OPEN
    NONE

DAY TRADE(S) AT CLOSE
    NONE

SWING TRADE(S) AT CLOSE
    DUST
    TZA

Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    CORRECTED:

07-20-15

SWING TRADE(S) AT CLOSE
    DUST
    TZA

Congrats on a most excellent swing trade on DUST... figures
    Rules:
    - Trade what you see, not what you believe
    - Don't put stuff in your signature that a Mod doesn't like

"Government exists to protect all people’s rights, not some people’s feelings." - A. Barton Hinkle

Great Tools:
    http://www.CreditKarma.com
    http://www.Mint.com
    http://www.SaveUp.com/r/nmJ

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RealMoneyIssues View Post
    Congrats on a most excellent swing trade on DUST... figures
    Thanks. All the 'new' systems started on the 20th. My original system has been in DUST since Fri. OPEN.

Also, I'm certain luck had a lot to do with it...and of course, you stopped following the system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    SPREADSHEET UPDATE:
    0717152250.png

see here

Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast