Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Property Taxes - What Are Your Numbers ?

Default Re: Property Taxes - What Are Your Numbers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maricar19 View Post
    wow...that is something I might do when I retire...
    Did you stop at any place in between?
    We wanted to get here in 7 days so not much time for stopping but we spent a full day in new orleans and Austin. Also, some days we only drove 4-6 hours (we wanted to keep driving hours to around 8) so we had a little time to check out the area. But being on the road so much we rested and had nice meals. On the way back we don't have any deadlines so we may see more stuff.

It gets expensive out on the road but we're staying with my son for 10 nights. so that helps.
    100 G
    RSI - Relative Strength Indicator DMA - day moving average

Quote Originally Posted by clester View Post
    We wanted to get here in 7 days so not much time for stopping but we spent a full day in new orleans and Austin. Also, some days we only drove 4-6 hours (we wanted to keep driving hours to around 8) so we had a little time to check out the area. But being on the road so much we rested and had nice meals. On the way back we don't have any deadlines so we may see more stuff.

It gets expensive out on the road but we're staying with my son for 10 nights. so that helps.
    main place I haven't explored even marginally to date is upper midwest, UP-Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin. May get there some day post-retirement.
    "life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" - soren kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    main place I haven't explored even marginally to date is upper midwest, UP-Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin. May get there some day post-retirement.
    Me neither. After this trip I'll have see all but the upper left states. Northern California, Oregon , Washington, Montana, Idaho Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa etc. been to a little bit of Wisconsin. Lots to see out there!
    100 G

After this trip I'll have see all but the upper left states. Northern California, Oregon , Washington, Montana, Idaho Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa etc.
    It seems you've missed a great deal of beauty that this country has to offer. When I was a kid, my parents would take us on driving vacations from the San Francisco Bay Area we went to Northern California, Oregon , Washington, Montana, Idaho in one trip. That was some beautiful land (coming from a kid who doesn't appreciate anything), I still remember how beautiful it was, and understood the term "Big Sky" in relation to Montana!
    Last edited by Lindoug; 06-08-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lindoug View Post
    It seems you've missed a great deal of beauty that this country has to offer. When I was a kid, my parents would take us on driving vacations from the San Francisco Bay Area we went to Northern California, Oregon , Washington, Montana, Idaho in one trip. That was some beautiful land (coming from a kid who doesn't appreciate anything), I still remember how beautiful it was, and understood the term "Big Sky" in relation to Montana!
    I have missed a lot. My family never took those kind of trips. I need to make up for that.
    100 G

I have missed a lot. My family never took those kind of trips. I need to make up for that.
    Yep, I didn't appreciate it then, but I definitely do know!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345