Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: TSP Talk Silver Coins / "Rounds"

Default things to do with silver

what are you going to do with your new shiny tsptalk silver?

i was going to make a new thread for this topic because i have a long list, but this place is as good as any.

i am going to drop one in the red salvation army kettle. it makes a heavy satisying clink.

sure someone will end up hawking it at less than spot for beer and smoke money, but hey if that was important to them at the time then go for it. it does not diminish the value of the contribution from my perspective. people need beer and smokes too.

and silver is forever. that coin won't be lost, it will just get found somewhere else.
    100g

Default Re: things to do with silver

another thing i'm going to do with tsptalk silver is get some industrial strength construction epoxy and glue a coin down on the sidewalk near the entrance of a federal office building.

for every 20 penny pinchers that stoop down and try to pick it up, i hope 1 of them reads the 'tsptalk.com' logo and logs on and finds something that enhances their financial freedom.
    100g

Default Re: TSP Talk Silver Coins / "Rounds"

Burrocrat, is it to late to get on board the TSP silver train?. If not, im interested...

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
    Burrocrat, is it to late to get on board the TSP silver train?. If not, im interested...
    it's never too late to buy tsptalk silver! just say how many ounces you want and add yourself to the list. it is an advance purchase list reserving the right to buy that many coins at original spot price + $4 when they become available.

that is going to take some time as somebody has to manufacture the dies, schedule a short run of custom minting in along with regular minting schedule, pack them with love, and pray over them so some postal weenie doesn't steal them en route. i'm guessing mid-febraury is a good delivery estimate. you don't have to pay until tsptalk actually has them ready to ship.

welcome aboard!
    100g

Default things to do with tsptalk silver

also i am going to take my tsptalk silver coin geocaching. it's like a treasure hunt except you use satellites to tell you where to dig. then when you find the stash you take one leave one. like a trade.

i'm going to leave a little sticky note on it 'please take pictures of this coin wherever you take it. and leave it for the next explorer'. some geocache nuggets have their own facebook pages to track their travels.
    100g

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    what are you going to do with your new shiny tsptalk silver?
    One is going on my desk at work to hopefully bring up conversation about tsp and this site. I might give one or two away as gifts to friends that also invest in tsp. The rest will probably go in my safe.

Quote Originally Posted by bmneveu View Post
    The rest will probably go in my safe.
    after you see these coins you are going to need a bigger safe.

do you own silver? it is very addicting.
    100g

Default things to do with tsptalk silver

another thing i am going to do with one of my tsptalk silver coins is use it to settle arguements.

whenever someone asks me a stupid question like 'do you think it is going to snow today', i'm going to pull it out of my pocket and say 'ahh hell it's after october and before april what do you think, call it in the air, heads or tails?'

then i'm going flip it up in the air and watch it spin in all its shiny glory and catch it in my palm and show it to them and try to sneak in a word or two about retirement investing.
    100g

Burrocrat,, Count me in for 20 oz/coins...where can I find that list to sign up...

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
    Burrocrat,, Count me in for 20 oz/coins...where can I find that list to sign up...
    You just found it!!! Welcome aboard the silver train!!

We can put you down for 20. But 25 is one sleeve, and several of us are ordering 1 sleeve + 5 more to do with in various ways (gifts, pocket change, coin flipping, etc). Let us know if you want to up your order! (PS. Anybody else want to increase their order?!)

Glad to have you aboard!!

The current count:

30 burro
    05 alevin
    10 bmvenue
    25 rlundy
    70 tsptalk
    30 uscfanhawaii
    50 james48843
    25 bronco07
    20 boghie
    20 travelingman

= 285.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those that don't!!
    Retired on December 31, 2018!!

Quote Originally Posted by uscfanhawaii View Post
    You just found it!!! Welcome aboard the silver train!!

We can put you down for 20. But 25 is one sleeve, and several of us are ordering 1 sleeve + 5 more to do with in various ways (gifts, pocket change, coin flipping, etc). Let us know if you want to up your order! (PS. Anybody else want to increase their order?!)

Glad to have you aboard!!

The current count:

30 burro
    05 alevin
    10 bmvenue
    25 rlundy
    70 tsptalk
    30 uscfanhawaii
    50 james48843
    25 bronco07
    20 boghie
    20 travelingman

= 285.
    actually, the private mint sleeves are 20 coins/ounces each. i believe only the u.s. eagles and maybe canada leafs come in 25 each tubes.

this was confirmed by the mint during design/quote phases. maybe tom can confirm and update us where he's at on it. they final design was submitted last friday, i'm unaware if an updated graphic has been provided or status of order on the dies. regardless it is going to take some time to manufacture them and then get the production run scheduled and accomplished.
    100g

Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    actually, the private mint sleeves are 20 coins/ounces each. i believe only the u.s. eagles and maybe canada leafs come in 25 each tubes.

this was confirmed by the mint during design/quote phases....
    My mistake. But the offer still stands....increase your order anyone?!!
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those that don't!!
    Retired on December 31, 2018!!

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast