Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DOOM Trading System

Default DOOM Trading System

Ok, introducing the DOOM trading system.

That stands for:

Do the
    Opposite
    Of
    Minnow

Just made an IFT from S fund to the G fund so I'm out of the market as of cob today.

I am making the top half of the autotracker possible right now so, doing the opposite of me would be what the followers of the D.O.O.M.
    would do right now.

(I think I'm gonna get a kick out of this). If it actually starts working, I don't know what I will do. Maybe enter it on the autotracker starting next year.

Good trading to all of you on this Happy Happy Fed Day!!!
    Which one of you nuts has got any guts? -- Randle P. McMurphy
    ... stupidity will always find a way. -- Nnuut

Default Re: DOOM Trading System

I reallocated from 70% "S", 30% "C" to
    F Fund 10
    C Fund 65
    S Fund 25
    so I'm trying your system! Waiting for the FED Speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnow View Post

That stands for:

Do the
    Opposite
    Of
    Minnow

Just made an IFT from S fund to the G fund so I'm out of the market as of cob today.

I am making the top half of the autotracker possible right now so, doing the opposite of me would be what the followers of the D.O.O.M.
    would do right now.

(I think I'm gonna get a kick out of this). If it actually starts working, I don't know what I will do. Maybe enter it on the autotracker starting next year.

Thank you for stepping aside. My kids will eat better now. No more happy meals.

Or you could just look up my IFTs on the AT and do the opposite of that to see what you would have gotten. We could call that: Cactus' Reverse And Profit system.
    Allocations as of COB Dec 28 : 100% S. | Retirement Date:Dec 2025
    Past Returns:
    2020 31.85%,2019 27.97%,2018 -3.36%,2017 13.10%, 2016 -1.79%, 5Yr Avg 12.61%

HMMM...

Ali vs. Frazier
    Coke vs. Pepsi
    DOOM vs. CRAP

I'm diggin' it, I'm diggin' it....

Ouch, ouch, ouch! The last time I did this was 2011 when I earned -2.9% for the year. At that time I calculated CRAP to be about -4% so I felt better. It was only a joke.

OK, it's now time for the moment of truth. What is it today? I calculated CRAP from the beginning of the year using the previous equity/safety allocation. Here they are up through yesterday, October 28:

Cactus: -7.63%
    CRAP: 19.92%
    Looks like CRAP is #2 on the AT. Now that hurts. How is DOOM doing?
    Past Returns:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Ouch, ouch, ouch! The last time I did this was 2011 when I earned -2.9% for the year. At that time I calculated CRAP to be about -4% so I felt better. It was only a joke.

OK, it's now time for the moment of truth. What is it today? I calculated CRAP from the beginning of the year using the previous equity/safety allocation. Here they are up through yesterday, October 28:

Cactus: -7.63%
    CRAP: 19.92%
    Holy CRAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Send me a PM showing me how you calculated yours, and I will try it with DOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnow View Post

That stands for:

Do the
    Opposite
    Of
    Minnow

would do right now.

ha, brilliant! and funny too!

i like it. i think more folks should consider sharing their 'systems'. there is something inherently laudable about being able to push forward in the face of adversity with a healthy dose of introspection while keeping a smile on your face.

please continue to maintain and share doomsys.
    100g

Actually big hat tip to Cactus... he showed me that DOOM would be at +9.01% this year... a little less than the S&P... so the real winner so far is CRAP (the opposite of Cactus).

If you want to know what I had used and presently "use," I will share that a little later. However, I believe the opposite of Cactus (CRAP) might be a goldmine. But, being a contrarian system, how will his own knowledge affect the system. Will still have to be put to the test.

Good trading to all today!!!
    Last edited by Minnow; 10-30-2014 at 06:29 AM. Reason: misspell

Ah yes, knowledge is its own problem. Once you find a pattern it stops working. Then there's the question of how do you bet against your own trade? I see a dog chasing his tail here.

At any rate, I'll keep posting my IFTs. Just remember to do the opposite.

As for my thoughts going forward, I expect the 4th quarter to be positive. I'd like to get back in and stay in, but we are too high off the recent rally to make this an entry point for me. I want to go in before the EOM but I just don't see that happening this time. I'll probably wait for a dip in early Nov. before going back in.

I've given some thought to my strategy for next year but haven't decided yet. I've been meaning to give one of the LMBF-1 methods a try for the year, but I have been disappointed with it this year (even if it is beating me). That means it should do well next year. Another thought I had is "I can't time my trades for anything so why even try." I've been toying with sticking it all in the S Fund for a year since the S & C Funds out-performed both me and LMBF. That, of course, indicates that 2015 is going to be a down year. Make of this what you will. My thoughts are likely to change.
    Past Returns:

Minnow is out watching the indexes rocketing toward new highs.

DOOM is in and enjoying the action probably precipitated by the Bank of Japan overnight.

I'm assuming Cactus is with Minnow missing out on gains while CRAP is looking to shore up its #2 position.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast