Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast

Thread: Bullitt's Account Talk

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bullitt's Account Talk

I'm an indexer planning on staying the course and only rebalancing when things get out of whack.

Some words to the new TSP'ers.

1: Have a financial plan. Trading stocks based on which way the wind is blowing today is not a viable LT strategy.
    2: Save as much as you can and live within your means. Let someone else buy the iPods, iPhones and V8 Hemi trucks.
    3: Spend time reading about the macro themes when it comes to investing (ie: Panic of 1907, 1932 crash, tech bubble, value investing, asset allocation) and leave CNBC to the guys on Wall Street who make millions whether their investments pan out or crash.
    4: Sentiment drives markets in the short term.
    5: This MB is an absolute wealth of knowledge- Don't forget about the years of archives contained within.

Here it is below, my entire asset allocation:

TSP
    G 25
    F 10
    C 25
    S 20
    I 20

Roth IRA
    VT 40%
    BND 30%
    EDV 10%

Taxable: Mostly in a US total market index fund, some in an Africa Middle East fund, and some in a sector blend fund at T Rowe Price
    Dividend Stocks: (5% of investments) MRK, DEO, EXC, WMT, RTN

I'm doing well and I hope everybody else is doing the same. Hope nobody was injured or hurt in those tornadoes in April. Have a great Spring/Summer! Take care.

Good to see you back around man, don't stay gone so long.

Jim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Bullitt is not on the AutoTracker
    Mr TSPTalk: I did not know. Thank you for the info.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    I'm an indexer planning on staying the course and only rebalancing when things get out of whack.

Some words to the new TSP'ers.

1: Have a financial plan. Trading stocks based on which way the wind is blowing today is not a viable LT strategy.
    2: Save as much as you can and live within your means. Let someone else buy the iPods, iPhones and V8 Hemi trucks.
    3: Spend time reading about the macro themes when it comes to investing (ie: Panic of 1907, 1932 crash, tech bubble, value investing, asset allocation) and leave CNBC to the guys on Wall Street who make millions whether their investments pan out or crash.
    4: Sentiment drives markets in the short term.
    5: This MB is an absolute wealth of knowledge- Don't forget about the years of archives contained within.

Here it is below, my entire asset allocation:

TSP
    G 25
    F 10
    C 25
    S 20
    I 20

Roth IRA
    VT 40%
    BND 30%
    EDV 10%

Taxable: Mostly in a US total market index fund, some in an Africa Middle East fund, and some in a sector blend fund at T Rowe Price
    Dividend Stocks: (5% of investments) MRK, DEO, EXC, WMT, RTN

I'm doing well and I hope everybody else is doing the same. Hope nobody was injured or hurt in those tornadoes in April. Have a great Spring/Summer! Take care.
    Mr Bullitt: Thank you for all your wisdom and insides. We will follow them as possible.

Bullitt ! I'm sorry I missed your visit this evening. It was good to hear from you, and that you are well ! And thank you for sharing your expertise & what you are doing in this ongoing market...
    Grandma

Blog Entries

Been a while since posting to the old account talk.

TSP and Roth IRA: Still 60/40 stocks to bonds. Looking above it looks I made a typing error. Should've read VT 60, not 40. Had a limit order on VT for the past 6 months that finally hit today. Is it a good time to buy? I honestly have no idea but when I put the order in I felt today's price was a good price to buy. In TSP I rebalance after there are moves of around 10% up or down- otherwise I just let the winners ride.

Taxable: I still have the buy and hold stock account similar to Permabull #1 where I just let the dividends pile up along the account comprised of those same 3 funds.

The only thing we have control over in all of this is our savings rate. Pay yourself first. It's much easier to make those contributions to savings when the money is being taken out automatically than when you're trying to allocate it after the fact. You can set up automatic deposits to your Scottrade, local bank, credit union, or whatever vehicle it is of your choosing and not have to worry about 'finding the money' for savings after you get that paycheck.

Stay healthy and stay focused on the macro, but make sure your foxhole is deep.

Good to hear from you Mr. Bullitt been a while, your posts are always spot on.

Welcome back bullitt. Good to see you!
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Blog Entries

Current TSP: 65 stocks/35 bonds.
    Roth IRA: 60 VT/30 BND/10 (various sector ETF's/stocks)
    Taxable: See posts #601, 606

No plans to add additional VT until it goes below 50.

I recently posted to the blog area regarding High Frequency Trading and the markets. Link in signature line below.
    Last edited by Bullitt; 05-04-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: math typo

Blog Entries

[Duplicate Post Error]

Blog Entries

Re-balanced as part of a non-emotional strategy that sells what is high and buys what is low. F Fund was higher by around 1% and C/S/I were lower by around .5%. Will re-balance again if any funds get significantly away from their allotted percentage.

Looking to purchase a commodity ETF or two and planning to add extra cash to the tugboat US Total Market account if we hit 1625-1650.

Blog Entries

Stocks just drifting along in summer trading and I'm thinking another good time to buy lies ahead.

Besides scheduled buys in my total market account, and reinvested dividends along the way, I never did buy a commodity ETF like I was hoping because they just didn't come back enough for me. One of these months we'll get a VIX of 30 and that will be a good time to put money to work with some opportunistic buys.

When the next correction comes we'll see what gets hammered the hardest in the commodity or emerging market field and consider them. Until then, still maintaining 65% stocks, 35% bonds in TSP; I'll let someone else be an 'aggressive' investor- whatever that means. Take control of your savings rate. If you're contributing $100 a month to a savings/investing account, you can do $110 a month.

Stay healthy, enjoy taking evening walks in your neighborhood this summer, and when your co-workers tell you they're buying or selling, do the opposite!

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast