Page 65 of 332 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear Cave 2 (Bull Allowed)

Default Re: Bear Cave 2 (Bull Allowed)

Quote Originally Posted by rspring View Post
    Bear cave, I noticed that you use options and was wandering if you follow a service or trade them on your own. I am interested in learning more about how to use them in times like like this to protect my long positions. Thanks
    rspring,

Brotherman - the bottom line is I don't personally use options when trading, but on occasions I'll use a HEDGE.
    “There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side” Jesse L. Livermore

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    Still have my GDXJ and considering buying more. A move to 60-70 in a few months could be very real.
    Kaplan needs close to that to get even. Did you look over his average share price for GDXJ....?
    “There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side” Jesse L. Livermore

Precious Metals Sector New Uptrend - Juniors to Lead the Charge

Clive Maund
    Posted Feb 4, 2014

The purpose of this article is to paint as complete and accurate a picture as possible of where we stand right now with respect to the outlook for gold and silver, Precious Metals stocks, and the broad stockmarket, before then going on to list, for subscribers, the strongest junior mining stocks that can be expected to race ahead once gold and silver do break out to the upside.

Feb 4, 2014 Precious Metals Sector New Uptrend - Juniors to Lead the Charge Clive Maund 321gold ...inc ...s

BluStar is still doing Da-Wave and his wave counts have been pretty darn good.....so we shall what happens next!

More from BluStar.....

5-6% Predicted Pull Back Nearly Complete, Strong Support Near SPX 1736

I see SPX 1805 by Friday and that should terminate Wave 1. Next week works off the excesses of Wave 1 with Wave 2 (mid 1780's/split by a 'b' wave thrust up to 1812/13 Wed next week). OPEX finishes Wave 3 (SPX 1881?), with Feb 28 finishing Wave 4 (1829/30) that should have an irregular top (1888?) on Feb 25.

Trade Smart...Live Long & Prosper... bull.gif

blu

5-6% Predicted Pull Back Nearly Complete - Traders-Talk.com

http://blustarmarkettimer.weebly.com/

A comment from the True Contrarian

This is update #1970 for Monday night, February 3, 2014.

Global equities continue to slump, with VIX climbing to 21.48 which was exceeded only once in 2013 when it briefly reached 21.91. The disproportionate rise in fear relative to a moderate stock-market pullback likely means that a sharp upward bounce is closely approaching, although the exact timing of course remains unknown. The irony is that most investors are more concerned about additional short-term losses than about the much more serious and probable existence of a two- to three-year bear market which will result in nearly all equity sectors eventually losing more than half their value. As fewer and fewer securities remain in bull markets, those assets which are able to convince investors of the staying power of their uptrends will likely follow a typical historic pattern of becoming unusually popular. Amateurs will end up crowding into whatever continues to mostly rise, while progressively reducing their holdings in whatever securities are no longer in clear uptrends. Similar behavior has characterized nearly all transitions from equity bull markets to bear markets during the current and previous eras of stagnation. This will disproportionately benefit many of my favorite assets which recently set or approached five-year bottoms, and which have already begun or will soon initiate rallies which will achieve dramatic percentage gains by the early months of 2015 or sooner.

True Contrarian

Do Da-Wave.....

monday update

Posted on February 3, 2014 by tony caldaro

SHORT TERM: quiet open precedes big decline, DOW -326

Short term support is now at the 1699 and 1680 pivots, with resistance at SPX 1746 and 1768. Short term momentum hit extremely oversold and is due for a bounce. The short term OEW charts remain negative with the reversal now at SPX 1779. Best to your trading!

MEDIUM TERM: downtrend

LONG TERM: bull market

CHARTS: the ELLIOTT WAVE lives on - Anthony Caldaro - Public ChartList - StockCharts.com

the ELLIOTT WAVE lives on | OEW: an Objective approach to the Elliott Wave Theory

Day-trade....JDST

2/4/2014 1124 AM ET JDST Bought JDST @ $34.567 Executed

2/4/2014 11:16:37 AM ET JDST Bought JDST @ $34.38 Executed

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

THE LAST GREAT BUYING OPPORTUNITY

It's been my opinion now for a the last year that the bull market that started in March of 2009 at 666 on the S&P would come to an end either in late 2013, or early 2014. I'm confident that will be the case, but based on the cyclical pattern of the current decline I believe we still have one last leg up before this bull comes to an end. I think the intermediate decline now in progress is going to create the conditions for a final manic melt up phase over the next 2-3 months to complete this huge parabolic structure that the Fed has constructed with 5 years of QE and 0% interest rates.

We've come this far and tested the 2000 reaction high, I have to think we're probably going to go all the way and test the all-time highs on the NASDAQ before this bull market comes to an end.

Gold Scents

There's an 89% Chance Stocks are Headed Lower in 2014
    By Jeff Clark
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014

We've all heard the phrase, "As January goes, so goes the year."

Simply put, if the market closes higher in January, the year will be bullish. If January is a down month, the bear gets the nod.

If it's true, the January Barometer is a bad omen for 2014. The S&P 500 finished down almost 4% last month.

Growth Stock Wire | Stock Market Analysis, Market News & Stock Picks

Saturday, February 8, 2014

THE GREAT INFLATION OF 2014

For over a year now I've been expecting 2014 to be the year when the unintended consequences of five years of QE come home to roost. By the end of the year we are going to have a massive inflationary spike in commodity prices that will collapse the global economy. It's all going to start with a final manic melt up phase in the stock market over the next 3-4 months. Make no mistake, this bull market will not be over until the NASDAQ tests it's all time high above 5000.

Gold Scents

Stock Selloff Starts

By: Adam Hamilton | Fri, Feb 7, 2014

Selling has finally returned to the US stock markets, short-circuiting their year-old levitation. This new downside action of the last couple weeks looks very different from anything witnessed in 2013. Is it just another minor and short-lived pullback, the vanguard of a full-blown correction, or the dawn of a new cyclical bear market? The prudent strategy for traders varies greatly with this selloff's likely magnitude.

Selloffs are a normal, healthy, and necessary stock-market behavior. They are absolutely essential to rebalancing sentiment. The longer and farther markets rally, the more greed and complacency capture traders' hearts. Their usual cautiousness vanishes, and they race to pour capital into increasingly toppy markets. But this greed soon grows unsustainable and burns itself out once all near-term buyers are in.

Stock Selloff Starts | Adam Hamilton | Safehaven.com

I'll gladly take any manic parabolic melt up phase I can get - staying long and waiting for more margin buying power. New highs would certainly deliver the goods.

Page 65 of 332 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast