Page 294 of 429 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 3,517 to 3,528 of 5138

Thread: nasa1974's Account Talk

Default Re: nasa1974's Account Talk

Interesting, almost 20% (18.6) opposed is considered 'token' opposition... no biased reporting there.
    50% S, 50% C 06 Mar, was 100% G; 80% S 20% C COB 08 Jan '24; 100% G COB 14 Nov; was 100% C COB 31 Oct (Boo!); was 100% G COB 12 Oct; was 50% C, 50% S COB 22 Jun; Life is good!

Attached are the numbers for January. The last three January's (2011, 2012 & 2013) have been very good, but the previous three were really bad (2008, 2009 & 2010). Out of the FCSI funds since 2001 only the "F" and "S" funds are positive. January can be volatile in either direction.

Good Luck.

TSP January Returns.xls
    May the force be with us.

This is from Govexec.com
    Feds Might be Getting Too Bullish with Retirement Savings - Pay & Benefits - GovExec.com

GovExec.gif

Feds Might be Getting Too Bullish with Retirement Savings

By Eric Katz 1:54 PM ET

"Federal employees are beginning to “chase” recent market upticks in a manner similar to the period before the 2008 financial collapse, Thrift Savings Plan officials warned Monday.

Just 38 percent of total TSP assets are invested in the government securities (G) fund, members of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board said at a monthly board meeting, marking the lowest level since February 2008. The G Fund, which invests in U.S. Treasury bonds, is the TSP’s safest offering.
    “Usually this is a good thing,” said Renee Wilder, the board’s director of enterprise planning, “but I think participants are chasing the market.”....."

Folks you have to read this to see that the FRTIB has no clue.

So let me get this straight. Financial hardship is why the folks are moving out of the G Fund? Huh?
    "the biggest mistake that traders make is to let these short-term trades turn into longer-term investments when they don’t work." RevShark

It looks like the "S" fund might give back at least half of what it gained yesterday.

My thoughts are if you are close to retirement and you are going to depend on TSP for your retirement move some funds to the G fund the closer you get to retirement.
    On the other hand if you are 10-30 years from retirement you can afford to be more bullish.
    I’m not dependent on my TSP I have nothing in the G fund and when I do it is very short term looking for a buy to open up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa1974 View Post
    This is from Govexec.com
    Feds Might be Getting Too Bullish with Retirement Savings - Pay & Benefits - GovExec.com

GovExec.gif

"Federal employees are beginning to “chase” recent market upticks in a manner similar to the period before the 2008 financial collapse, Thrift Savings Plan officials warned Monday.

Just 38 percent of total TSP assets are invested in the government securities (G) fund, members of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board said at a monthly board meeting, marking the lowest level since February 2008. The G Fund, which invests in U.S. Treasury bonds, is the TSP’s safest offering.
    “Usually this is a good thing,” said Renee Wilder, the board’s director of enterprise planning, “but I think participants are chasing the market.”....."

It looks like the "S" fund might give back at least half of what it gained yesterday.
    Think there will be a Santa Claus rally for the S Fund?

This is from Govexec.com

GovExec.gif

Incredible. Renee should be fired.
    CURRENT ALLOCATION: 100% I AS OF C.O.B. 5/22/2017

If anyone is interested in watching the spacewalk this morning here is the link. NASA Television | NASA

This is a link to the article talking about the spacewalk today and Monday and possibly Christmas day. Snorkel-equipped spacewalkers start critical repair job on space station - NBC News.com

If anyone is interested in watching the spacewalk this morning here is the link. NASA Television | NASA

This is a link to the article talking about the spacewalk today and Monday and possibly Christmas day. Snorkel-equipped spacewalkers start critical repair job on space station - NBC News.com
    Wow..the NASA link is way cool!! Thanks for the link.
    Don't take my comments as trading advice /IFT: 2-13-24=100G/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ & http://www.ewg.org/PermaCharts@p430#5159/strategy#4918p.410

Good Morning,

I am doing my final reviews on the 2014 TSP Excel Spreadsheet. I hope to have it ready for a Friday release. It is too large to attach so if you are interested you can send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will send it to you. Those that have requested it in the past I do have you e-mail so you can request it here if you would like.

Page 294 of 429 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast