Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Government Motors

Default Re: Government Motors

If GM is doing so well I think it's about time they started paying Federal TAXES again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    If GM is doing so well I think it's about time they started paying Federal TAXES again.
    Makes sense to me. Sooooo - how do we get Congress to change the tax law and get rid of the "carry-forward" provisions that allow corporations to continue to amoritize major losses over a 20-year period, and not have to pay taxes for that long?

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Makes sense to me. Sooooo - how do we get Congress to change the tax law and get rid of the "carry-forward" provisions that allow corporations to continue to amoritize major losses over a 20-year period, and not have to pay taxes for that long?
    I wish I could do that! This has been going on too long.

Blog Entries

General Motors increases sales - April Sales Figures show increase of over 11% overall compared to last year, with the most profitable segments- Chevy Silverado trucks- posting a huge 28.1% gain, and other segments in double digit upswings.

General Motors | Investors - Sales & Production | GM.com

GM’s U.S. Sales up 11 percent for Best April in Five Years

DETROIT – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) sold 237,646 vehicles in the United States in April, up 11 percent compared with a year ago. Retail sales increased 10 percent, fleet sales were up 16 percent and the fleet mix was 28 percent of total sales.

“Car-buying conditions are strong and will continue to release pent-up demand,” said Kurt McNeil, vice president of U.S. sales operations. “We’re very optimistic because GM’s market share is growing, the economy continues to move forward and important car and truck launches are just getting underway.”

Chevrolet dealers began receiving their first shipments of the all-new 2014 Impala in mid-April, and the all-new 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 crew cabs will begin arriving in dealerships in the summer. Buick is launching redesigns of the Regal and LaCrosse in late summer and Cadillac will launch an all-new CTS luxury sedan in the fall.

April Highlights (vs. 2012)

All four GM brands posted higher total and retail sales.

Crossovers were up 14 percent; trucks, which include pickups, vans and SUVs, were up 17 percent; and car sales were up 6 percent.

Large pickups were up 23 percent.

Strong sales of the all-new Chevrolet Spark and double-digit sales increases for the Buick Verano , the Chevrolet Sonic and the Chevrolet Cruze drove a 31 percent increase in sales of GM mini, small and compact cars.

The new Chevrolet Malibu achieved its best sales and retail segment share since launch.

Calendar Year to Date Highlights (vs. 2012)

Cadillac was the industry’s fastest-growing brand in the first quarter, and April’s results bring the brand’s year-to-date sales increase to 37 percent.

Through April, Buick total sales are up 23 percent. Retail sales are up 19 percent and have increased for 12 consecutive months.

Sales to small business customers totaled 57,030 units, which is up 32 percent.

Chevrolet had its best-ever year-to-date crossover sales, driven by a 14 percent increase for Equinox and an 18 percent increase for the redesigned Traverse.
    GM’s large pickup sales are up 21 percent and GM’s estimated retail segment share is up more than 1 percentage point and its total share is up almost a point.

GM’s fleet mix is 26 percent.

Nice job.

Blog Entries

GM on a roll now- Retail Sales up 19% in November.

GM’s U.S. Retail Sales Up 19 percent in November

2013-12-03

Sales Release [pdf] | Sales Release |

DETROIT – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) dealers delivered 212,060 vehicles in the United States in November, up 14 percent versus a year ago and the highest November sales in six years. Retail sales were up 19 percent and fleet sales were down 3 percent.

“November sales were strong at all four of our brands, and demand was robust for everything from cars to crossovers to the industry’s newest and best full-size pickups,” said Kurt McNeil, vice president, U.S. sales operations. “The sheer number of award-winning new models we have helped us grow faster than the industry for the second month in a row.”

GM’s product momentum will continue unabated. For example, the all-new 2014 Cadillac CTS, which is building availability, was recently named Motor Trend’s Car of the Year, an Automobile Magazine “All Star” and one of Car and Driver’s 10 Best cars.

Cadillac will also launch an all-new Escalade and the ELR in early 2014. In addition, Chevrolet and GMC are launching all-new heavy-duty pickups and large SUVs in the first quarter. Chevrolet also unveiled the Colorado, its new, highly acclaimed midsize pickup, at the Los Angeles International Auto Show. The Colorado goes on sale in the fall of 2014.

November Sales Highlights (vs. 2012)

• Chevrolet sales were up 13 percent and retail deliveries were up 20 percent.
    • Sales of Chevrolet cars increased 19 percent, with Malibu up 41 percent, Volt up 26 percent, Impala up 20 percent and Camaro up 14 percent. Retail deliveries of the Cruze were up 39 percent and Impala more than doubled.

• The Chevrolet Cruze, Equinox and Volt had their best November sales ever.
    • Sales of the Chevrolet Tahoe were up 23 percent, the Traverse was up 21 percent and the Silverado was up 12 percent.
    • GMC sales were up 20 percent, with the Sierra up 22 percent and the Acadia crossover up 108 percent, which keeps it on track for its best year ever.
    • Small business sales were up 38 percent, including a 76-percent increase in pickup deliveries. Commercial fleet deliveries increased 18 percent.
    • Buick deliveries increased 13 percent and the brand is on track for its best year since 2005. November was Buick’s 19th consecutive month of year-over-year retail sales growth.
    • Cadillac sales increased 11 percent and retail sales have grown in each of the past 18 months, driven by the success of the new XTS and ATS.

“We feel good about the direction of the economy and our own momentum,” McNeil said. “The economy is creating jobs and household wealth. Energy costs are dropping and credit is available and affordable. All of this bodes well for future growth.”

Complete details of the nice GM report:
    GM

Too bad it cost US taxpayers around $10 billion...
    Rules:
    - Trade what you see, not what you believe
    - Don't put stuff in your signature that a Mod doesn't like

"Government exists to protect all people’s rights, not some people’s feelings." - A. Barton Hinkle

Great Tools:
    http://www.CreditKarma.com
    http://www.Mint.com
    http://www.SaveUp.com/r/nmJ

That's great news for GM, and possibly the economy, and I'm glad the government finally got out of the way, but don't forget the taxpayer lost close to $10 billion on this deal so it wasn't a complete success.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

You stole my thunder, RMI.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    You stole my thunder, RMI.
    Sorry, my spidey-sense heard BS so I had to call it...
    Rules:
    - Trade what you see, not what you believe
    - Don't put stuff in your signature that a Mod doesn't like

"Government exists to protect all people’s rights, not some people’s feelings." - A. Barton Hinkle

Great Tools:
    http://www.CreditKarma.com
    http://www.Mint.com
    http://www.SaveUp.com/r/nmJ

Blog Entries

General Motors announces $1.3 billion dollars in new investments and upgrades to production facilties in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana.
    The investments will support production of a new V6 engine, new 10-speed transmission and an existing six-speed transmission, as well as assembly plant upgrades in Detroit, Flint and Romulus, Mich.; Toledo, Ohio and Bedford, Ind.

GM investing nearly $1.3 billion in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana manufacturing facilities | MLive.com

Nice job.

My best to GM, but why can't they build a factory close to my house in GA? Taxes in Ga far less, no snow and ice like in the far north and the people are hospitable, like me?

Quote Originally Posted by FireWeatherMet View Post
    Only gripe critics have of the 85 billion loan is that only 75 million got paid back.
    do you even math? .... never mind... it'll never sink in... have a Merry Christmas dude.
    Which one of you nuts has got any guts? -- Randle P. McMurphy
    ... stupidity will always find a way. -- Nnuut

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast