Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast

Thread: Corn and Ethanol.

Default Re: Corn and Ethanol.

I'm all for ethanol...and any other renewable resource (or non-renewable resource, i.e. Natural Gas) if it will keep our dollars here at home. As an active duty military member I have spent my time in the sandbox and I have to say I was madder than a wet hornet the first time I set foot in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and seen what kinda vehicles they drive, and how rich those people are...The average citizen over there drive's BMW's and Mercedes like we drive Kia's and Hyundai's. We have made those countries rich...and it only costs them about $3 a barrel to produce it...Hmmmmm...we, as a country, need to break that tie....JMHO. I mean an average citizen of Saudi Arabia gets $75K a year from the government just for being a natural born Saudi. True Saudi's don't work either....they hire other country's people to come work for them.

We, as a country gotta get away from foreign oil, and move to something produced right here at home...I know we can do it, and we probably already have the technology for it....Lets keep our money right here in the good ol USA!

O.K.....I'll get off my soap box now!

Blog Entries

E85 sales rose 43 percent in second quarter: IRFA

1:58 PM, Aug 20, 2013 | by Christopher Doering

The Iowa Renewable Fuels Association said Tuesday sales of fuel with 85 percent ethanol rose 43 percent in the second quarter of 2013.

Iowans purchased more than 2.62 million gallons of E85 in the second quarter of 2013, up from the 1.83 million gallons of the corn-based fuel purchased in the first quarter of 2013, according to Iowa Department of Revenue data.

“E85 sales were down at the end of 2012 and beginning of 2013 due to last summer’s drought, but we’re seeing those numbers turn around now with very attractive E85 prices,” said Monte Shaw, executive director of the Iowa Renewable Fuels Association. “We should see E85 sales grow even further as the price savings are even better now.”
    It's all about the best deal. E85 is now a better deal in many locations.

Now that E85 prices are 15% or more below gasoline in many places, it makes financial sense to swqitch to renewable E85 fuel.

More:
    http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...r-irfa/article

I finally got my diesel Blazer.

She looks a little rough right now, but she'll run on veggie oil, or biodiesel. Now I just need to build my biodiesel reactor.
    God bless the United States of America!

"Our Constitution was made only for a Moral and Religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the goverment of any other." John Adams 10/11/1798

Blog Entries

This week, almost half the states have stations where the price is 15% or more less for E85 than for gasoline- places where it makes a better financial deal to run E85 than gasoline.

E85 Prices

I paid $2.69 a gallon for E85 yesterday, while gasoline ticked up to $3.69 locally.

I am so glad that with a flex-fuel vehicle, I have a choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

$1/gal 100% REAL gas... my car is gonna like this for a year...

I know a place in NC where I can get 100% real gas too, may hit that anytime I go to the lake!
    Rules:
    - Trade what you see, not what you believe
    - Don't put stuff in your signature that a Mod doesn't like

"Government exists to protect all people’s rights, not some people’s feelings." - A. Barton Hinkle

Great Tools:
    http://www.CreditKarma.com
    http://www.Mint.com
    http://www.SaveUp.com/r/nmJ

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    This week, almost half the states have stations where the price is 15% or more less for E85 than for gasoline- places where it makes a better financial deal to run E85 than gasoline.

E85 Prices

I paid $2.69 a gallon for E85 yesterday, while gasoline ticked up to $3.69 locally.

I am so glad that with a flex-fuel vehicle, I have a choice.

a real test which shows u lose in many areas. and even emissions it is a wash.

E85 vs. Gasoline Comparison Test

are u still glad after reading the link?
    "Our Constitution was made only for a Moral and Religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the goverment of any other." John Adams 10/11/1798

Blog Entries

Huge bubble in the ethanol market- somebody must have cut a bad deal, because the price is going haywire, and there is no reason for it.

Pull up the chart for April 2014 and look at what the last two weeks has done. NO reason for it at all.

I think this is a huge "put" opportunity-
    http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/ener...t-ethanol.html

We should have a record crop of corn this year if we have substantial rain. All because of the cold winter! Hopefully they won't waste it on fuel for automobiles! Feed the HUNGRY!

Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Huge bubble in the ethanol market- somebody must have cut a bad deal, because the price is going haywire, and there is no reason for it.

Pull up the chart for April 2014 and look at what the last two weeks has done. NO reason for it at all.

I think this is a huge "put" opportunity-
    http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/ener...t-ethanol.html
    I will not debate whether or not this is a tradeable opportunity or not and I will not dispense financial advice.

But to say there is no reason for this increase in ethanol prices is absurd.

You can't have your cake and eat it too with ethanol and now the folly of the mandate and those expired subsidies is fully evident.

Go ahead, extoll the virtues of ethanol and the evils of oil all you want. Mr. Market doesn't care and there were/are plenty of people telling all the ethanol backers this a LONG time ago.

Big oil ain't got nothing to do with the price spike in ethanol. Go see old Archer Daniels Midland for that my friends.

10% mandated blending of ethanol causing the price at the pump to increase??? Nah, that'll never happen. Ethanol more expensive than gasoline, nah that'll never happen.

Screw it, let's go full-on congressional strength stupid and throw more money at the problem -- that'll fix it for sure I tell you whut!!!???!!!
    Which one of you nuts has got any guts? -- Randle P. McMurphy
    ... stupidity will always find a way. -- Nnuut

Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast