Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple

Default re: Apple

Quote Originally Posted by MrJohnRoss View Post
    Wow! AAPL now down over $50 (or 10%)! Ready for some bottom fishing, anyone?
    missed earnings report 3x in a row? somebody's getting fired

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    missed earnings report 3x in a row? somebody's getting fired
    Tim Cook is not Steve Jobs. Plus everyone already has iphones now. Its not as cool. But its still a great product. aople is just anither tech company now.
    100 G
    RSI - Relative Strength Indicator DMA - day moving average

Quote Originally Posted by clester View Post
    Tim Cook is not Steve Jobs. Plus everyone already has iphones now. Its not as cool. But its still a great product. aople is just anither tech company now.
    true, i wondered how apple would fare after jobs passed away, i guess that question was answered. and to add to the equation, android phones have been gaining on apple in popularity and may have even passed em.

I wish people would stop putting so much emphasis on steve job, lets be real here...Iphone, Ipad, Ipod NONE of those product are "evolution" anymore. Its the same User interface since it came out, they repeatedly ripped people off with minor changes to phone and create dumb names for existing application/software and call it "never seen before" ...i.e iclouds...also known as dropbox.

Default Taking a bite of the apple.... Err AAPL

Decided to place a buy when apple hit $460.

Maybe I should have waited. If this stock drops to $420 or lower ill be buying 2-3 times as much.
    11.80% for 2012, 24.79% for 2013, -5.13% for 2014 , 4.94% for 2015 WTF?, -0.04% for 2016 , 13.09% for 2017======= 8.23% , Moved to Vanguard in 2018

Yes. Me me me. But I'm only slightly in purchase mode. Hoping for it to drop to $420 and then ill really get my feet wet
    11.80% for 2012, 24.79% for 2013, -5.13% for 2014 , 4.94% for 2015 WTF?, -0.04% for 2016 , 13.09% for 2017======= 8.23% , Moved to Vanguard in 2018

Yes. Me too. Terrible chart but I see some possible long-term support. I had to nibble and bought at 453 a little while ago. If it keeps going lower, this could turn into.... an investment. Noooo!
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Default Re: Taking a bite of the apple.... Err AAPL

Quote Originally Posted by rktect1 View Post
    Decided to place a buy when apple hit $460.

Maybe I should have waited. If this stock drops to $420 or lower ill be buying 2-3 times as much.
    good luck man, i personally wouldn't touch that one, too risky to pick the bottom especially when apple investors' emotions are still running high.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Yes. Me too. Terrible chart but I see some possible long-term support. I had to nibble and bought at 453 a little while ago. If it keeps going lower, this could turn into.... an investment. Noooo!
    How far away is that support?

Default Re: Taking a bite of the apple.... Err AAPL

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    good luck man, i personally wouldn't touch that one, too risky to pick the bottom especially when apple investors' emotions are still running high.
    Emotions are running way high. Once investors realize this, they will get back in. It's a gamble but $60 down in one day at this price got me to jump a little. Just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by law87 View Post
    I wish people would stop putting so much emphasis on steve job, lets be real here...Iphone, Ipad, Ipod NONE of those product are "evolution" anymore. Its the same User interface since it came out, they repeatedly ripped people off with minor changes to phone and create dumb names for existing application/software and call it "never seen before" ...i.e iclouds...also known as dropbox.
    Jobs was the push for innovation and revolutionary ideas. He had the ideas. So, yes they need something new that we will all want. Everyone has iPhones now. So...it's not an exclusive club anymore.

They are turning into Microsoft. Still making a lot of money but boring.
    100 G
    RSI - Relative Strength Indicator DMA - day moving average

Now that I am in @ 453 and the support line I was watching broke, I'm looking for a reason for Apple to stop free falling other than the fact that it is trading at 10 X forward earnings.

A large open gap would be filled if it hits 420 something. This "could" act as support. Also, there's a large open gap at 514 that will eventually get filled.

Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast