Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple

Blog Entries

MACD histogram positive since May 9. Slightly higher low. On support. Chance for a pop.

Default re: Apple

Anybody buying AAPL before earnings today? I usually do but I am not in this mood this quarter. That probably means it's going to soar.

Current price: $606.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Anybody buying AAPL before earnings today? I usually do but I am not in this mood this quarter. That probably means it's going to soar.

Current price: $606.
    Looks like you made a very smart move not buying.

Really glad i didn't buy.

I generally don't like buying into earnings though, since that's basically the same thing as calling red or black on a roulette table.

considering buying the dips, gonna watch it for a while. if the s&p is down big again tomorrow, i may just hold cash until the market trend turns up.

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA View Post
    Looks like you made a very smart move not buying.
    There's a first time for everything.

But rarely have these pullbacks not been good buying opportunities for APPL. I may consider buying tomorrow.
    Tom

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Really glad i didn't buy.

I generally don't like buying into earnings though, since that's basically the same thing as calling red or black on a roulette table.
    That's true - that's what buying pre-earnings usually is... gambling, but Apple has rewarded the gamblers many times. I'm not sure why I was smart enough to back off this time. I just didn't feel like gambling, I guess, which isn't like me.
    Tom

Being the glutten for punishment, I bought Apple today near $610. A gamble, yes. But I like to buy it when it has fallen into earnings as opposed to rallied into earnings. It's down close to 15% from it's recent highs. Could be a "sell the rumor, buy the news" thing. Not for the faint of heart.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Being the glutten for punishment, I bought Apple today near $610. A gamble, yes. But I like to buy it when it has fallen into earnings as opposed to rallied into earnings. It's down close to 15% from it's recent highs. Could be a "sell the rumor, buy the news" thing. Not for the faint of heart.
    I just don't see anything on AAPL's chart that looks like it's making a turn around. Except for the one-day head fake on Oct 16, (where I bit), it's been a rather bearish looking chart.

On the other hand, AAPL has rewarded investors many times over the years. Hope this one works out for you, Tom.
    CURRENT ALLOCATION: 100% I AS OF C.O.B. 5/22/2017

Not much of a move yet. Down about 1% once after hours trading resumed.
    Tom

the earnings miss wasn't even all that big, I'll be surprised if it opens lower than 600.

now going green a/h. looks like a buncha shorts already covered and it's squeezing lol

AAPL EPS share miss: $8.67 vs $8.81 expected. That's about a 1.6% miss. About how much the stock is down after hours. Perhaps this is a buy point. Sell the rumor, buy the news.

Meanwhile, Amazon is down about -2.5% after their earnings miss, and Pandora is down -14% on news that AAPL is coming out with their own music service in 2013.

Ouch.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast