Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: ILoveTDs Account Talk

Default Re: ILoveTDs Account Talk

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveTDs View Post
    Looking back at just the TSP funds, July 2 was the last up Monday. So for TSP purposes we have had three down Mondays.

On a side note bmn, if Monday is down I don't think it will be up Tuesday becuase of a Monday-Tuesday relationship, it's becuase the last two days of July have been more up then down the last 10 years. Anything can happen, just my observation of seasonality.

Go with your gut MaSTa.
    Did you see the huge gap up yet? My TNA shares are up over 8% today...after such a huge gain it may be worth it to sell at the close if we hold onto the gains. With how volatile TNA is I would hate to see it all go back on Monday so most likely I will be selling. At least my TSP will still be invested.

Sounds like your guts telling you to sell, pull the trigger you can't go wrong with 8%. Congratulations
    100% G Fund COB 13 March 2020

Sounds like your guts telling you to sell, pull the trigger you can't go wrong with 8%. Congratulations
    I sold it at 52.98 after I thought the gap up was getting filled (I think that is the right terminology at least). Now it seems like it may be holding on so who knows...at least I made some money lol.

My gut thoughts. In the short run we just had a flat day and three big down days in the S Fund, I think we are due for an up day. However, Apple might kill any hope of tomorrow being an up day. In the long run, I still fill debates are around the corner and Obama is going to get slammed on this economy unless the market starts moving up, time for political manipulation of the markets to the upside until election day at least.
    I need to get a couple grand together and call it my TNA/TZA Day Trade Gut Fund. 25th flat IMO due to Apple and NASDAQ, then the two big up days. Just spooky.

My technical thoughts. The 20 day crossed the 80 day SMA on Tuesday and took off today, showing a strong uptrend. However, the actual point is now well above the 20 day, and 1400 .INX has proven a though nut to crack. Sitting at 1385 we still have 15 point wiggle room, but that isn't much. Technicals point to an exit point.

My gut thoughts. In the short run we just had a so so day and two big up days in the S Fun d, so conventional wisdom would be Monday should be down. However, it was Friday and I think we made 2% with a bunch of "dumb money" taking their money and going home for the weekend, so why didn't we see a sale off in the last hour?

I think it might be the institutional investor getting greedy, I think they stayed in and that’s why we didn’t see a huge sell off. If so, what is their plan for Monday? I can see their “Analysis” having many plans: 1) sell low volume first thing in the morning at deep discount, tank market to spook “dumb money” sell and DCA the way down for the day 2) buy low volume at 1392ish first thing in the morning then midday, end of day, Tuesday sell big volume at 1395ish and work another 10 points out of this. Just my paranoia.

In the long run, I still fill debates are around the corner and Obama is going to get slammed on this economy unless the market starts moving up, time for political manipulation of the markets to the upside until Election Day at least.

My seasonality thoughts. Last two days of July and first day of August is usually on the up side. With Jobs report next Friday, COB Wednesday is probably the exit. August is usually good for a percent or two for buy and hold, but the biggest loss of the month is the first 6 days of August. Basically might be worth taking first week of August off and buy and hold the rest of the month.

If were up Monday come IFT deadline I might bail to G Fund for a while, we’ll see what Monday brings.

C Fund beats the S Fund again, that's it ... at least 50% is going C Fund next time I buy back in.

On a side note, WWE declared 12 cent quarterly dividend today. That's a 6.2% annual dividend on the closing price today. If your looking for a dividend stock I don't know of many paying 6%+, maybe Birch does. All the "good" one's I see are in the 3 point something range. I might as well sit in the G Fund for that return.

Going to stay put today in the S Fund.

Probably exit to F Fund COB tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Going to stay put today in the S Fund.

Probably exit to F Fund COB tomorrow.
    new month tmrw!

Yea, new month tomorrow with a Jobs report Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by bmneveu View Post
    new month tmrw!

Dude, you got hosed by the i fund news cycle. Had it locked up just a few days ago. Then out of the blue...

I can't imagine being so close two in a row, them coffee cups have been driving me crazy for the last 3 years. Yeah, that's it, it was the coffee cups.
    100g

100% F Fund COB

100% F Fund COB 1 Aug
    Wish I was.
    "I'm your Huckleberry"

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast