Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stoplight's Post Retirement, Post TSP Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stoplight's Post Retirement, Post TSP Thread

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Godspeed to your niece, our hearts mourn with you and your family.
    It's a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy, idiot!
    Tracker =
    100%- I Fund

Stoplight,

So sorry to hear of the passing of your niece Jenn. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Condolences.

My condolences on the loss of your neice (yes, way to soon).

Have enjoyed reading your post-retirement, post-tsp thread. You could teach a class to those of us that are mathematically challenged when it come to recording their investments on a spreadsheet. I, too, received some unexpected money with the passing of both my parents in the last 4 years. I was blessed to have had them so long, but sorely miss them every day.

I keep a watchful eye on my financial manager and how my finances are being handled. Pretty much told him he would not be getting his hands on my TSP money. You have done well. Would love to see what your spreadsheet looks like. Just the basics not the numbers!

2moryrs-NOT!
    NARFE The E is silent, BUT WE ARE NOT.

I remember you talking about your niece before your trip to Australia. So sorry to hear of her death. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

So sorry to hear of your niece Jenn's passing. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
    Comments informational; not financial advice. Current 8/30: 60G/40F Prior: 8/17=30C-25I-5S-40F. Prior: 8/16=30C-15I-5S-50G

All,

Sorry....it's been a while since I checked in here, in my own little thread !!!

For ALL of you that posted your thoughts, prayers, and condolences about Niece Jenn's passing....all I can say is "Thank You" !!! She was truly a special person, and I miss her....

Stoplight...
    "Too old to rock and roll...too young to die"... - I. Anderson

OK....enough depressing talk.... Let's get caught up on my recent investment moves today (like anybody but me cares !!!)

Soooo....yesterday, I unloaded one of my core "buy and hold" stocks. I sold ALL my Southern Company stock (SO). This is a utility play that I've held since 2013. It KILLED me to do it, because it was paying +5% dividend, and my Quicken ROI was in the 35% range.

BUT !!! Bad press recently....they have a failed gasification project (whatever THAT is !!!), and now a failing nuke plant construction project, wrapped up in the Toshiba/Westinghouse turmoil....just made me antsy, as does the rest of the market these days. What I'm reading is.....LOT'S of expenses ahead... Bailed to cash for now...guess I'm part of a class action lawsuit, too, as a shareholder of record...

Today, I unloaded 1/4 of my holdings in another core holding, Brooks Automation (BRKS)...this is another one of my old-timers ! Again....paying a dividend of >5% against my buy-in price, but it's had such a run, I HAD to take some profits off the table !

Come 1 September, I'll look at my portfolio again, and decide where to go with the cash. I KNOW I want a utility replacement, for the diversity, but not sure I want to replace the Brooks with something else in Tech....just happy to be sitting in cash right now, on those 2 moves...

Good investing to you all !!!

Stoplight...
    "Too old to rock and roll...too young to die"... - I. Anderson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123