Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: golf

Default Re: golf

i have been browsing around the internet and i got this bright idea to look for corporate promotional golf stuff because a coworker of mine gave us some things she had laying around from previous tournaments. golf ball sleeves and towels and logo'd balls and stuff. when you host a golf tournament it seems you give away some schwag. it turns out they have just about anything you could imagine, neoprene ball sleeves/pouches, tees, ball markers, turf repair tools, towels, balls of all qualities and prices, all logo'd up and tricked out.

after i get more into the summer and actually start playing, i am going to start a collection of golf balls of the places we play. i noticed that our local course has logo'd callaway balls for sale for $2. and when my son did his golf merit badge he got a national guard one who was one of the sponsors for their free use of course and range and stuff. i'm assuming that most golf courses have their own logo and balls and this is pretty standard to pick one up at a new course? if not, i am going to start our own tradition anyways, see how many different local and state courses we can play when we go somewhere.

they even have golf ball racks/shelves to display them on. i might talk to kave about it and see what he thinks he could make something like that for out of his tobacco barn reclaimed wood. he did a great job on my ecig vaping shrine and stand and drawer.

meanwhile, i decided to pick up a new ball marker...

Attachment 38026

Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    i'll have to remember that, i don't think my instructor would let me take the club and balls home. what kind of ice cream did he order?

all kidding aside, that is really cool jcpcavin. it looks like she is having fun too. i notice she is doing something deliberate on her swings, she is turning her body after the club swings through and following it around. you might have a natural there.
    I don't recall but I got the vanilla and it was scrumptious!

Super job JP!!!!Something tells me you are ONE GREAT MOM!!!

FS
    FogSailing
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Quote Originally Posted by FogSailing View Post
    Super job JP!!!!Something tells me you are ONE GREAT MOM!!!

FS
    Thank you FS. Sometimes I lose my way, but I try.

Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    i wonder if tom has ever considered getting some golf balls made up with the tsptalk logo? i would definitely pick a sleeve of those over another coffee mug when i get lucky and win the monthly tracker or guess the pretend employment numbers.
    Did somebody mention TSP Talk golf balls? Great idea. I just ordered 50 sleeves of 3. Topflite.

Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Tom: That is really a super thing to do. Really nice. Thanks..

FS
    FogSailing

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Did somebody mention TSP Talk golf balls? Great idea. I just ordered 50 sleeves of 3. Topflite.

tom, you have nice balls.

how can i get my hands on them? are they going to be for sale in the tsptalk storefront soon? i am definitely going to get some of those and put one in my collection. suhweeet!

It will take about 3 weeks before delivered. I'll offer them as one of the prize choices.
    Tom

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    It will take about 3 weeks before delivered. I'll offer them as one of the prize choices.
    ok. hurry up run another contest then please.

The jobs report contest is this week. Start your analysis.
    Tom

today we had planned to go to the range and practice our last driving session and then some chipping and putting on the practice green, but it occurs to me since it is mother's day maybe all the gals are at home or church receiving their accolades and if they are smart the guys are at home and church with them. so we might actually shoot our first round today if the course if empty. i am still planning on not keeping score this first round and just shooting 9 holes and getting used to the course and the flow of things. our range practice sessions aren't getting much better and we're hitting consistently not erratically so much now so maybe it is time.

we did happen to be in the biggest city in the state yesterday, and visited a for real dedicated golf only store. it was cool. i didn't get measured for clubs because i am still developing my swing and want to get in a bit better golf form as well as physical shape before shelling out for a real set of clubs. at our level these inexpensive ones are just fine. but you can tell the quality of the nicer 'professional' clubs. like a dream, they feel like butter in your hands and so sophisticated on the construction and appearance. maybe in a couple of years i could justify the expense.

i liked the nike vapor fly's but a strange thing happened when i picked up the 9-iron. i felt like erin nordegren and wanted to bash tiger's cheating face in, so that is not going to work for me. god i wish i felt like erin nordegren i would never leave the house. the callaways seemed really high class, and they are the manufacturer of our entry level sets and i really like those, but unfortunately the winning powerball ticket was sold in new jersey and i did not buy my ticket in new jersey so i guess the new clubs and the rock star party bus are going to have to wait a little longer.

we did pick up a few more 'accessories'. i love buying golf stuff even though we aren't really golfers, yet. i got a leatherlike scorecard holder, a cleat bag/tote, a multitool for cleaning and repairing clubs and it has a ball marker too. also i got a dozen new balls because they had a special if you spend so much then get a discount. so i picked up some callaway balls, not the fancy ones, damn those are expensive at ~$4 per ball. we got some for about $1.25 per ball which is only a quarter more expensive than the pinnacles i already have. they are the callaway 'warbirds', pretty cheap i'm sure but i really liked the logo on the package and they are callaways!

so it's off to the range and maybe shoot a round. happy mother's day everybody.
    100g

Hey Burro. Glad to see you're still at it. I played on 18 holes on Thursday. I shot a 47 on the front nine...good score for me but pulled a muscle in my shoulder on the 15th hole so decided to hold off for a few days. I think you will like your Callaways. They make nice clubs and they are forgiving...a very important feature....I live for FORGIVENESS.

Good point about Mother's day. Shield Maiden and I met up with a bunch of friends for Mom's Day brunch today. We eat at a French (snooty) place on special occasions (unified wives decisions so the guys just do what we're told). I always order the "beignets" but the waitress always gives me a cold shoulder look because I order them as BenGays...

Anyways...hit em straight and hit em long..and stay out of sand and water

FS
    FogSailing

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast