Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Make Sure You Can Login to AT

Default Re: Bad decision to show only 100!!!

I agree with the OP. But I also didnt see the "SHOW ALL" with the warning at the bottom. That works fine. I might even cut back the initial showing to 50 or so now, just for speedier load times if you want to glance at the leaders.

Default Re: Make Sure You Can Login to AT

The more RAM the better!

Default Re: Intrepid Timer's Investment Strategies

Quote Originally Posted by Handballer View Post
    See #76. I use Windows Visa. Smooth flow to the end of list.
    What's your interest rate with that VISA?

Quote Originally Posted by EWB! View Post
    When the webmaster decided to only show the top 100 it became almost ridiculous and very frustrating to find my friends and to keep track of their numbers so you can find them, as is now required! This was supposed to be fun and interesting, maybe a bit of a friendly competition among your friends. This is a great site, but is becoming too cumbersome to utilize.

When you click on the show all at the bottom of the top 100, you can't sort by name to scroll down to yours or your friend's ID, why? The list sorts for the top 100 names at this point and you are left wondering still.

The person in charge should really think before implementing such a bad algorithm! Does it hurt anything to show all right up front? Or, do you just want to make more work for your users? Keep making it difficult to use and you will not have a site.
    And - because you can't sort the whole list, you can't tell the overall member shift in proportion to G or CSI, for example. The lack of ability to sort the whole list eliminates the use of that function. Please fix.

Thx.

Question Re: Bad decision to show only 100!!!

are you guys paying attention?
    http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_u...e_all_full.php

EWIE has initiated two threads, both the same thing, one says Bad idea, the other Bad Decision - so please check them out. My opinion on why he/she did that is not for this thread...
    And please go to the rules, etc, forum on the tracker and READ it, for crying out loud!!!

It is like you've been asleep at the wheel and and when waking up assume the rest of the Board stopped cuz you were spaced out somewhere else - you apparently have no idea what's been going on with this for days !!!

cheers -

...and, amoeba,I am surprised, you too?!?

And here I thought amoeba was evanescent but he's holding at #582 - good for him.

Default Re: Intrepid Timer's Investment Strategies

Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    What's your interest rate with that VISA?
    8.5%. I use Windows Vista now.
    "I'm your Huckleberry"

Tom,

I just tried the link at the bottom of the first tracker page from my work computer and it took me right to the full page, no problem.

Actually I do not have a problem seeing the first 100 on the tracker and then having to enter 101 or 201 or 301 or whatever to see the next 100. The tracker is for fun. I can imagine it is a nightmare to maintain.

I would hate to see it disappear but if it becomes too much of a challenge so be it. I bet Tom would be more than happy to turn this over to one of these so called software experts. That's my 2 cents worth.

Thanks for all your work Tom.
    May the force be with us.

With Chrome it works just fine.

Full list link at bottom of AT page worked great this morning. IE7 with 3 GB of RAM is my configuration.

Tom, thanks again for coming up with an option and a solution. Hopefully, we can all take a deep breath and think before we reply too quickly when changes are being implemented (including me too!).
    Steve

I'm sure the problem is on my end and I want to add my thanks for a great site. thumb.gif

Thanks everyone. I will play with a "next" and "previous" button as well. Seems some are interested in seeing that. I do like the "enter starting record" as an option so you can jump to any position on the tracker, but I get the interest in scrolling from page to page.

...And if the full list is working for you.... I'm jealous.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast