Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: silversurferAccountTalk

Default silversurferAccountTalk

If my memory serves me right, there is something else coming up mid-november for the super committee. I am expecting another downturn in the market then and fully intend to bail into the G fund. Can anybody remember what the mid december deadline was for?

Default Re: silversurferAccountTalk

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
    If my memory serves me right, there is something else coming up mid-november for the super committee. I am expecting another downturn in the market then and fully intend to bail into the G fund. Can anybody remember what the mid december deadline was for?
    Continuing Resolution for departments that haven't had their budgets passed.
    May the force be with us.

today made me really nervous because of the talk of the downgrades. I moved into g fund a few days earlier than i had planned, but thats ok. I am better at taking no gains than a big loss anytime. I had fully expected a downturn in the market today based on that news, but thankfully it never materialized. I did take a nice long look at the seasonality chart for december and expect to dive back in around the 20th or so....we'll see

How does this NOT brighten your day....
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...on-mma-fighter

How does this NOT brighten your day....
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...on-mma-fighter
    Yeah, and the way our justice system works this dirt bag will lawyer up and sue the victim for injuries and medical costs and win.
    May the force be with us.

Just from the talk around the msg board, there is some talk about buys for next week sometime. I think i am going to hold back a little due to the seasonality chart. I mean why not? I can take the week of little or minimal gain to possibly avoiding a further drop. It looks really good for the week starting the 19th, supercommittee news should be done(for the time being), and hopefully people will be thinking happy thoughts about the season and we all can finish the year happy.

So this is how it works....If I go out to my chickencoop and all the chickens are roosting on the top bar, its all in for the S fund..If the chickens are on the bottom rung, then its bail into the G fund. This seems to work as well as any other system.LOL.
    Seriously though, I was surprised at the drop for friday and monday. I am into the G 90% and F 10% for right now thankfully. I had chose to get out last week due to the upcoming budget stuff. I have every intention of getting back in friday because all of this stuff should be over with by then and i am looking closely at the seasonality chart which looks good to me. It works pretty well moving money by following known news stories that are upcoming. I am in the top 10 in the autotracker and it seems to be keeping me there if i stay abreast of the news.

I would like to thank all of you people who post regularly. I may be new to this and don't know alot of terms that are used, but its a learning process. Every day i learn something new and with 20 years to go, because of the dedication of regular users, i plan on being able to retire comfortably. Thanks for all your knowledge.

I caught a little bit of info on how the market reacts (historically) at the end of the year. If anybody has an opinion, please share...i would be greatful.
    And before i forget....Merry Christmas to all of you.

So this is how it works....If I go out to my chickencoop and all the chickens are roosting on the top bar, its all in for the S fund..If the chickens are on the bottom rung, then its bail into the G fund. This seems to work as well as any other system.LOL.
    Seriously though, I was surprised at the drop for friday and monday. I am into the G 90% and F 10% for right now thankfully. I had chose to get out last week due to the upcoming budget stuff. I have every intention of getting back in friday because all of this stuff should be over with by then and i am looking closely at the seasonality chart which looks good to me. It works pretty well moving money by following known news stories that are upcoming. I am in the top 10 in the autotracker and it seems to be keeping me there if i stay abreast of the news.
    This is a good theory, but you have to check for a fox in the chicken coop which would get them on the top bar also.
    Don't bias your charts. Show support and resistance. My comments and charts are not trading recommendations.

unfortunately i somehow used my 2 IFTs so am unable to get back in for the end of year gain for the autotracker board. I'll have to pay better attention in the future. My actual TSP account still had 1 move left, and i dont know how that happened because i usually move both at the same time. That leaves me with only the bailout for the last market day of the year. I read somewhere of a sell-off the last market day of the year that brings the market down. Any truth to that rumor anyone?

Since i was out of IFTs for the month, I guess I'll have to resort to lottery tickets for the last days of the month..
    Merry Christmas to all, and a wonderful New Years..
    Remember, dont drink and drive.
    And good luck to us all in the new year.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast