Clester's retirement story
You can now add me to the retired list. Last day was May 31. 50 years old and 26 years in Air Traffic. Got a partial check (I worked 1 week and 1 day of it) this week. No leave payout yet. I have 245 hrs annual, 1760 sick, and 24 credit hours to be paid to me. Soon I hope. First regular FERS check (estimated, about 80% of normal) should be July. ATC FERS will give me 40% of high 3 plus supplement which equals about 11% for a total of 51%.
Hopefully, I will be able to start 72t withdrawals from TSP in July using Amoritization method.
I will start my second career as a high school math teacher in the fall. Either student teaching (internship with no pay) or what is called an alternate license and have my own class with pay. Next year I will have a regular license.
I will let you know how it goes so others can know what to expect.
100 I fund
RSI - Relative Strength Indicator DMA - day moving average