Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 70

Thread: Guppies Account Talk

  1. #1

    Default Guppies Account Talk

    I have been wandering around in the site for a few years so I thought I should start my own thread. I plan to use it as a diary of my market trades and thoughts, but all are welcome to add comments.

    I exited my TVIX trade this AM @ 28.57. I did not get top price, But I made a 1.69 per share on the 3 day trade


  2.  
  3. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boiled Peanut, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    46,559

    Default re: Guppies Account Talk

    About Time Guppie but better than never. I've enjoyed many of your posts.
    Links Crude Settle $46.79 07-20-2017
    -$.33 Loss




  4.  
  5. #3

    Default re: Guppies Account Talk

    NNuut I didn't know if anyone ever read my comments, but I always felt like I was hijacking other peoples posts and it was hard to go back and see what I was thinking because my comments were so spread out.

    I have a good feeling about today for the I fund, the dollar stalled yesterday and could easily go lower. I also have a buy set for tvix if it drops to around 26

  6.  
  7. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boiled Peanut, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    46,559

    Default re: Guppies Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by guppie View Post
    NNuut I didn't know if anyone ever read my comments, but I always felt like I was hijacking other peoples posts and it was hard to go back and see what I was thinking because my comments were so spread out.

    I have a good feeling about today for the I fund, the dollar stalled yesterday and could easily go lower. I also have a buy set for tvix if it drops to around 26
    The best of luck with your trades Gup!
    Links Crude Settle $46.79 07-20-2017
    -$.33 Loss




  8.  
  9. #5

    Default Re: Guppies Account Talk

    The dollar did drop throughout the day so my I fund play is working so far. The TVIX buy did not trigger today as the US markets were pretty subdued. I really was expecting a general push higher after the late day comeback yesterday.

    I have a good feeling about today for the I fund, the dollar stalled yesterday and could easily go lower. I also have a buy set for tvix if it drops to around 26[/QUOTE]

  10.  
  11. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    1,791

    Default Re: Guppies Account Talk

    Sounds good Gup, always glad to see what others may be thinking... May be time to move into the I fund, will the strength continue or is it too tied to the value of the dollar?
    100% G COB 14 Jul; was 60% S, 40% C COB 30 Jun; was 100% G COB 2 Jun; was 65% S, 35% C COB 19 May; was100% G COB 30 Mar;

  12.  
  13. #7

    Default Re: Guppies Account Talk

    In my opinion: the dollar has a little ways to fall. Most of the I fund gains going forward are dependent on a declining dollar. That said, I am not sure I would buy here. I messed up by exiting the market while I was on vacation and missed out on a 3% move so I bought back in during the little pullback last week. If I could get back in (If I had more IFT's) I would probably be looking for an exit about now, But since I will be out for the month I will try not to cut and run just yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsaw View Post
    Sounds good Gup, always glad to see what others may be thinking... May be time to move into the I fund, will the strength continue or is it too tied to the value of the dollar?

  14.  
  15. #8

    Default Re: Guppies Account Talk

    I hope your right on the I fund....I'm all in. IMO the two IFT rule puts us at a disadvantage. You hit the nail in the head with an early exit point and then miss out on the rest of the month. They need to change that rule.

  16.  
  17. #9

    Default Re: Guppies Account Talk

    The 2 IFT rule make it allot harder because it forces you to wait to long to buy and wait too long to sell. At least in my case

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo5555 View Post
    I hope your right on the I fund....I'm all in. IMO the two IFT rule puts us at a disadvantage. You hit the nail in the head with an early exit point and then miss out on the rest of the month. They need to change that rule.


  18.  
  19. #10

    Default Re: Guppies Account Talk

    Back in TVIX at 25.98

  20.  
  21. #11

    Default Re: Guppies Account Talk

    Taking 20% to the G fund. (80% I) Looks like we could go Higher, but I am very near my 2% per month goal

  22.  
  23. #12

    Default Re: Guppies Account Talk

    Too soon again

    Quote Originally Posted by guppie View Post
    Back in TVIX at 25.98

  24.  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
S&P 500 (C Fund)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH (^GSPC)
DWCPF (S Fund)
Dow Jones U.S. Completion Total Stock Market Index (^DWCPF)
EFA (I Fund)
iShares MSCI EAFE Index (EFA)
AGG (F Fund)
iShares Lehman Aggregate Bond (AGG)