Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 621

Thread: userque's Account talk

  1. #1

    Default userque's Account talk

    Hi. Developing optimized Artificial Neural Network (ANN) Strategies (and other types of machine learning).


  2.  
  3. #2

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    Welcome, and good luck, userque!

  4.  
  5. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boiled Peanut, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    47,526

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    WELCOME to the forum. We have had others that used Neural Networks and never reported the results, hopefully you will.
    Best of luck
    Norman
    Links Crude Settle $46.44 08-29-2017
    -$.13 Loss




  6.  
  7. #4

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    Thanks!

  8.  
  9. #5

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    Thanks Norman. Your post gave me a testosterone boost.

    There are MANY ways to (mis-)use an ANN, etc. Just as one person claiming to use technical analysis to trade the markets doesn't imply that all others using technical analysis will suffer the same exact outcome as there are many many different and unique ways to use 'technical analysis.' In other words, mileage will vary based upon intellect, wisdom, experience, intuition (all with regard to the structure of the network and the pre-processing of the underlying data), THE ORGANIZATION OF THE DATA and of course--if not most importantly?, luck.

    Nevertheless, I am curious...and will do a search in hopes of finding those forum posts related to ANN etc.

    Note that I have been a casual visitor to this site for several years now. It should also be noted that I entered the F fund at the start of the year; switched to the S fund today: tried to complete full registration before today's cut-off to at least properly log the S fund transfer...without success. Anywho, consider it a head start for you guys.

    I will continue to post my trades. Good, bad, or ugly. :/

    Thanks again,
    Frank

  10.  
  11. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    8,194

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    Hi. Developing optimized Artificial Neural Network (ANN) Strategies (and other types of machine learning).
    userque, welcome aboard. My Neural Network Strategies are artificially enhanced by beer. Doesn't always work but sometimes it's just luck. The downside to NNSAE is the hangover. This a great group and a wealth of information. Again, welcome aboard.
    May the force be with us.

  12.  
  13. #7

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    lol...beer is good. but have you tried vodka (svedka)?

    Thanks for the welcome. Here's to a learning experience.

  14.  
  15. #8

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    I'm having a Svedka and tonic right now. Seriously.

  16.  
  17. #9

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    +5


  18.  
  19. #10

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    Checked out several posts via searching on the term 'neural.'

    Read some funny stuff.

    Wonder what happened to ekatteng (and ebbnflow): left? new identity? I just don't know how to locate them?

    Anyway,
    Good luck with your systems

    UPDATE: found ebbnflow

  20.  
  21. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boiled Peanut, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    47,526

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    Thanks Norman. Your post gave me a testosterone boost.

    There are MANY ways to (mis-)use an ANN, etc. Just as one person claiming to use technical analysis to trade the markets doesn't imply that all others using technical analysis will suffer the same exact outcome as there are many many different and unique ways to use 'technical analysis.' In other words, mileage will vary based upon intellect, wisdom, experience, intuition (all with regard to the structure of the network and the pre-processing of the underlying data), THE ORGANIZATION OF THE DATA and of course--if not most importantly?, luck.

    Nevertheless, I am curious...and will do a search in hopes of finding those forum posts related to ANN etc.

    Note that I have been a casual visitor to this site for several years now. It should also be noted that I entered the F fund at the start of the year; switched to the S fund today: tried to complete full registration before today's cut-off to at least properly log the S fund transfer...without success. Anywho, consider it a head start for you guys.

    I will continue to post my trades. Good, bad, or ugly. :/

    Thanks again,
    Frank
    Yep that's him, ekatteng has an Extraterrestrial as an avatar. Read back in his Account Talk thread. Spooky!
    Links Crude Settle $46.44 08-29-2017
    -$.13 Loss




  22.  
  23. #12

    Default Re: userque's Account talk

    Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    Checked out several posts via searching on the term 'neural.'

    Read some funny stuff.

    Wonder what happened to ekatteng (and ebbnflow): left? new identity? I just don't know how to locate them?

    Anyway,
    Good luck with your systems

    UPDATE: found ebbnflow
    ekatteng is now TSPIntel. He shows up once in a while, and he's on the AutoTracker.

    ebbnflow is still posting (oh, I see you found him.)

  24.  
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
S&P 500 (C Fund)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH (^GSPC)
DWCPF (S Fund)
Dow Jones U.S. Completion Total Stock Market Index (^DWCPF)
EFA (I Fund)
iShares MSCI EAFE Index (EFA)
AGG (F Fund)
iShares Lehman Aggregate Bond (AGG)