View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

  1. Intraday 3/13/12


    Some intraday breakouts worth noting:





    Charts provided courtesy of www.decisionpoint.com, analysis by TSP Talk



    Tom Crowley


    The legal stuff: This information is for educational purposes only! This is not advice or a recommendation. We do not give investment advice. Do not act on this data. Do not buy, sell or
    ...
    Categories
    Intraday Update
  2. Dull


    03/13/12

    Stocks were mixed yesterday as the Dow and S&P 500 saw slight gains, while the Nasdaq, small caps and international stocks saw modest losses.


    For the TSP, the C-fund was up 0.02% yesterday, the S-fund lost 0.40%, the I-fund fell 0.26%, and the F-fund (bonds) gained 0.06%.

    It was a very quiet day on the lightest trading volume of the ...
  3. Mixed Close

    The major averages were mixed on the day, with the DOW gaining 0.29%, the S&P 500 tacking on a very modest 0.02%, and the Nasdaq falling 0.16%.

    Understanding Compounding-seven-sentinels-signal-png

    The Seven Sentinels remain in an intermediate term sell condition with TRINQ joining TRIN in the sell column. BPCOMPQ turned down a bit, but remains on a buy.

    So we didn't see much follow through to the upside today, but we also didn't resume the serious selling pressure that brought ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Enjoy the ride, but...


    3/12/12

    Stocks rallied early on Friday after the slightly better than expected jobs report. By the close however, Greece was back in the headlines and we saw some profit taking. The Dow gained 14-points on the day.


    For the TSP, the C-fund was up 0.36% on Friday, the S-fund gained 1.03%, the I-fund lost 0.25%, and the F-fund (bonds) slipped
    ...
  5. Sentiment Still Supports Higher Prices

    After dropping their collective stock exposure two weeks in a row, the Top 50 are increasing their stock allocation once again.

    Transfer 5/26/ for 5/27/04-top-50-fund-allocation-jpg
    Transfer 5/26/ for 5/27/04-2012-top-50-trend-jpg

    Over the past two weeks the Top 50 had dropped their total stock exposure to 79.1%. This week, they've increased that holding by 8.9% to a total stock allocation of 88%.

    Transfer 5/26/ for 5/27/04-total-tracker-fund-allocation-jpg
    Transfer 5/26/ for 5/27/04-2012-total-tracker-trend-jpg

    The Total ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
S&P 500 (C Fund)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH (^GSPC)
DWCPF (S Fund)
Dow Jones U.S. Completion Total Stock Market Index (^DWCPF)
EFA (I Fund)
iShares MSCI EAFE Index (EFA)
AGG (F Fund)
iShares Lehman Aggregate Bond (AGG)
Source: https://finance.google.com/finance