View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

  1. Social Media Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Government Career

    OhMyGov's INFOGRAPHIC on Facebook, Twitter and the Hatch Act

    Mark Malseed

    Are you a federal government employee with a Facebook or Twitter account and a passing interest in politics? Be extra careful if you are, as we head into the thick of election season: your government career could be on the line.

    Participation in political activities while serving as a federal employee is restricted
  2. Interesting Movement in Allocations

    The two groups that I track are not on the same page going into the new trading week. The Top 50 is moving in one direction and the Total Tracker is moving in the other. Given the statement made last week by Mr. Market, I find that a bit curious. Here's the charts:

    Frizz B Account Talk-fund-allocation-~-top-50-chart-3-jpg
    Frizz B Account Talk-2012-top-50-trend-jpg

    The Top 50 jumped their collective stock exposure by 24.10%, from a total stock allocation of 33.86% to 57.96%. This group has not been a ...
  3. The August Jobs Report:

    The August Jobs Report: 96,000 jobs were created vs. 125,000 estimated. The unemployment rate dropped to 8.1% after 368,000 Americans left the labor force. The labor force participation rate hit 63.5%, the lowest since September 1981. The June and July numbers were revised down a total of about 20,000 jobs. (More)

    This "could" be a bad news is good news situations because the Fed gets together at the FOMC meeting next week to discuss QE3.
    Intraday Update
  4. Sentiment Survey Results...

    TSP Talk Sentiment Survey results for the week of 9/10/12- 9/14/12

    The TSP Talk Sentiment Survey came in at 45% bulls, 45% bears, for a bulls to bears ratio of 1.02 to 1. That is a buy signal which means the system will remain 100% S fund for the week of 9/10/12 - 9/14/12.

    Bull market rules have been in effect since the week of 1/09/12:

    See latest survey results

    To discuss or comment on the Sentiment Survey, go to Sentiment Survey Talk
  5. Breakout


    Stocks rallied sharply as ECB President Mario Draghi backed up his pledge to do whatever it takes to preserve the euro, saying the ECB's plan for potentially unlimited bond-buying would address "unfounded" fears of investors about the survival of the euro. The Dow gained 245-points.
S&P 500 (C fund)
Dow Completion (S fund)
EFA (I fund)
Bonds (F fund)