View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

  1. Upside may get tougher, but...

    12/13/12

    Stocks saw modest gains in early trading, then the Fed stepped in and shook things up and at the end of the day most indices were flat to slightly lower. The Dow ended the day down 3-points while the S&P was up less than a point.

    ...
  2. Breakout or fake-out?


    12/12/12

    Stocks rallied strongly out of the gate yesterday taking out some key resistance levels, but some afternoon weakness left the indices off their highs as the early triple digit gain in the Dow turned into a 78-point gain by the close.

    ...
  3. Dull, the sequel


    12/11/12

    Small caps perked up some, but the Dow and S&P 500 did very little during yesterday's trading. The Dow gained 15-points while the S&P picked up less than 1.

    ...
  4. Dull


    12/10/12

    Stocks were mixed again on Friday as the Dow has been performing well, while the weakness in Apple has been holding back the Nasdaq. The S&P 500 and small caps have been mostly flat lately. The Dow gained 81-points on Friday.

    ...
  5. Stock Allocations Rise Modestly

    Not much change in allocations for either the Top 50 or the Total Tracker this week. And the market itself has been largely sideways with an upward bias. Here's this week's charts:

    Mutual Funds-fund-allocation-~-top-50-chart-3-jpg
    Mutual Funds-2012-top-50-trend-jpg

    The Top 50 increased their stock exposure by just 2.2% for the new week, hiking their total allocation from 53.3% to 55.5%. Bond holdings (F fund) dipped a bit as did cash holdings (G fund).

    Mutual Funds-total-tracker-fund-allocation-jpg ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
S&P 500 (C Fund)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH (^GSPC)
DWCPF (S Fund)
Dow Jones U.S. Completion Total Stock Market Index (^DWCPF)
EFA (I Fund)
iShares MSCI EAFE Index (EFA)
AGG (F Fund)
iShares Lehman Aggregate Bond (AGG)