PDA

View Full Version : NSPS

Elgallo
02-23-2010, 03:30 PM
http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=44634&dcn=todaysnews

Why should those of us who financially benifited from NSPS by performing now be penelized by having our saleries in certain instances put into save pay mode until the rest of GS catches up?? I didn't ask to put into NSPS.....what say you?

Steadygain
02-23-2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=44634&dcn=todaysnews

Why should those of us who financially benifited from NSPS by performing now be penelized by having our saleries in certain instances put into save pay mode until the rest of GS catches up?? I didn't ask to put into NSPS.....what say you?

I'd say that I see you as pretty much identical to Birch -- in the sacrifice you made and all you did for our country. I barely know you but there's hardly a person alive I respect more than him.

I'd say all the more your work in NS is probably equavilent to what you did in Nam -- and no doubt someone with your background would have taken that kind of job to the highest level.

So -- I'd say they should do everything possible to make it right.

On another note -- the news lately of the boat that capsized with all the high school kids and young college students. Man, I'll tell ya if I were lost at sea for 2 days -- with no chance of survival unless someone hopefully found us -- and after 2 days I got rescued and was able to return to what I have. Never would I be more grateful for all I have -- and all the more to still have a job when over and over you keep hearing about others losing theirs.

I'd say on the whole -- you're blessed to have the life you have. You've displayed an excellent example.

Sorry my friend, I know it's a strange answer -- but you haven't been around for awhile - so I'm making up for lost time.

Elgallo
02-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words Steady. I always attempt to do my best even if I fail and I did not do any more in Nam than the next guy.

I am always around (I'm a lurker) I just don't post too much and sit silent to learn what I can from the group which I must say has been quite a bit and I thank you all.

Yes Steady, now more that ever before I am oh so grateful for what I have. I guess the important things in life while we are young are over looked for many reasons. Now that I am in my 60's I see things much much differently.

Via Condios Amigo

Silverbird
02-23-2010, 04:59 PM
The problem is on the average, it was people in higher grades that got the goods. Personally, I think they should chase after the people who abused the system and cut their salaries back to their original GS - but it may have been too pervasive and treating some people different is usually a great way to for the govt to get sued.

WorkFE
02-23-2010, 05:07 PM
When I look at the time frame and predict the step expected to be at if I was not NSPS my salary will be no different than if I had stayed GS. I often wondered how my boss bought a brand new HD diesel P/U and the new camaro in back to back years shortly after January. HMMM:suspicious: