PDA

View Full Version : Do you browse or post here on the Job?

FAB1
02-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Just wondering... do you just hang out or post on breaks...or?
How do you feel about it?

P.S....

I am not a 'spy' :toung:

nnuut
02-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm retired, what happened in the past is my business. I don't trust anyone in Government!!:D:laugh:

FAB1
02-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Then my dear nnuut, you should have chosen: Work? Whats that?

nnuut
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Then my dear nnuut, you should have chosen: Work? Whats that?
I wish I'd thought of it!!:laugh:

Steadygain
02-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Just wondering... do you just hang out or post on breaks...or?
How do you feel about it?

P.S....

I am not a 'spy' :toung:

I pretty much hang out ... and pop in here and there to see what's up

It's probably more the Social Aspect -- but TSP is still huge

I'm able to squeeze in quite a bit and still get things done here.

How do I feel about it ?? FIRST the Bad
Well pretty powerless to a large degree ... when some issues dominate the overall picture.

Since the election Obama and anything to do with him has largely taken over everything ~ and it wouldn't stand out nearly as much had the same Rahm happened with Bush.

Still there's a lot of Rahm in politics and there always has been. We all know things have been going down the drain for ages.

Then there was the long going battle with TSP with limitations.

I guess the endless talk about why we should never have had this war or that gets really old -- when it's a senseless argument because they did happen and they are happening right now. People in Iraq are posting on this site. So I think we should put our personal feelings about the reason for the war aside and really make an effort to give all Soldiers the credit and respect they deserve.

Now the GOOD -- I think it's great we're able to talk about essentially any issue and bounce off one another. On the whole I think the good -- far outweights the bad.

Overall -- I think everyone should make an effort to say more good than bad ... let some issues go and stop insisting on 'your way' as the only way ... accept a lot of things as they are and honestly acknowledge the criticisms don't help at all ...

...current Economic Situation included .. but I guess we need to vent too...

Thanks for the session ... NEXT

JTH
02-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't want to incriminate myself, but I will say this (and I mean it) work always comes first.

burrocrat
02-03-2010, 08:10 PM
i'll take a fifth, or is that plead the fifth? but only on breaks or lunch time, and only in appropriate threads, not the silly lounge or jail stuff.

burrocrat
02-03-2010, 08:12 PM
besides, if you are not retired and do IFT's, how do you meet the posting deadline? a little more honesty here please folks.

FAB1
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
besides, if you are not retired and do IFT's, how do you meet the posting deadline? a little more honesty here please folks.

Definitly!

If your duty station is akin to working like a fireman, waiting for a fire to put out - I dont see anything wrong with using the internet on safe sites. Posting on certain topics maybe left to the discretion of the user. :rolleyes:

FAB1
02-05-2010, 09:11 AM
BTTT - looks like a few are still voting.

James48843
02-06-2010, 05:41 AM
BTTT - looks like a few are still voting.

Maybe some of us don't want to tell.

Show-me
02-06-2010, 08:47 AM
I do go to the tracker but we are not allow to view social networking, message boards, or external e-mail accounts at my work.

I do have a smart phone. :D;)

Boghie
02-06-2010, 09:09 AM
I rarely post during working hours.

Looking back, outside of TSP changes, probably less than five times over the past 2+ years. Those IFT messages and AutoTracker entries take minutes. I usually show up early and get to work early so I'm not juicing the government any.

But, that is still a yes:p

Buster
02-06-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm on here mostly at home..but sometimes I come aboard in-between my breaks at work..:rolleyes: